PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with Bard twisting?

Eiam
04-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Hi all,

I've been working on my twisting and noticed last night I was barely able to keep 3 songs up, occasionally one would drop off. I'm having to wait 3.5-4 seconds between each twist, which is giving me 12 seconds of coverage, but I think its supposed to be 15 seconds where I can wait 3 seconds between each new twist. At first I figured maybe it was my ping, but I think we are missing a tick on our songs.

Can anyone else confirm that? Its quite frustrating trying to twist selo + heal + chords and having selos drop off and getting clocked by 15 mobs =0

Lazortag
04-19-2012, 02:24 AM
I've had no recent problems 4-twisting.

Eiam
04-19-2012, 02:33 AM
Hmm every 3 seconds I press another macro... they are all setup with /stand, /stopsong /cast X

Press 1, wait 3 seconds (as soon as I see the msg effect) press 2, rinse & repeat... consistently get the 3rd song dropping off and the 4th I'm always losing multiple effects.

does the stop song matter do i need to resort to double tapping or something... is my lag so bad I cannot twist effectively? In game I have not noticed any other issues that would point to lag

falkun
04-19-2012, 07:42 AM
I can usually start the next cast around 2.8-3seconds. If you are having to wait 3.5-4sec before starting a new song, then you have some kind of lag. I do not have many problems keeping up 4 songs + BoH clicky in groups.

SirAlvarex
04-19-2012, 12:33 PM
Sometimes it seems that the server ticks are off by a few seconds from when you start your song (IE, sometimes I can keep all 4 songs going without any dropping...sometimes they drop regularly). However you should be able to do 3 songs without any issues whatsoever.

You are just having some serious lag issues. If you hit F11 i believe you'll get the ping monitor up in the upper left hand corner. Typically speaking if it's under 100ms you should be fine to twist 4 songs. Anything higher than that and I could definitely see you having issues.

With that said, a lot of songs had an extra tick removed incorrectly last patch. I believe the next patch those songs will have the tick added back, correct?

Eiam
04-19-2012, 08:49 PM
SirAlvarex

Thats what I see. I can sometimes keep 4 songs going but after maybe 3-4 cycles they start dropping off for a second or two. I can USUALLY keep 3 songs going, I think last night I was just having really bad lag, I Tested it today and 3 songs goes no problem.

By my count, non aoe dmg songs are lasting 12-13 seconds, and they should be lasting 16 seconds... so there is confirmation that indeed songs are missing an extra tick that will be put back next patch? (That would make 4 twisting easier, and 5 difficult but possible for some cases, which is what I seem to recall on Live)

Lazortag
04-19-2012, 11:05 PM
Not all songs are missing an extra tick. The targeted mezzes had a tick taken away, and possibly the charms as well. I think snare and fear may have been changed, and if so I'm not sure if the change was correct or not. Damage over time songs were also shortened but that's classic (they were never 4 ticks).