PDA

View Full Version : Lguk Exe camp

Joessins
05-06-2010, 10:50 PM
To GMs:

I am in a group doing the exe camp. 2 times in a row I pulled from there and a mob instead of going up the stairs, went into the middle of them through a wall pulling about 15 other mobs. Instead of getting my group killed I ran to em to solo die. However i have died 2 times losing xp twice while my cleric in group had only reviv so no xp gain from death. I have several witnesses I am having add to this post on my deaths. I would like to ask for my XP back if thats possible. I understand its only possible if its the server fault so I am not upset if I cannot receive the lost xp. Ty GMs for working on this problem. Many thanx!

LevinJ
05-06-2010, 11:17 PM
I can vouch that this happened to the original poster (game name Drolgurd) tonight. I have experienced this also myself. Lguk in general suffers from really thin walls that result in pets/mobs pathing down to the bottom and bringing the entire zone back with them, but the Exe room in particular seems to have something wrong with its pathing. If you attempt to pull the Exe out of his room and up to the savant room, it is a guaranteed train. I believe the same for attempting to bring him anywhere else (ex: sage room or cavalier).

Uaellaen
05-07-2010, 04:33 AM
well you are pulling it wrong ;) its a pathing bug ... try to pull slow, and keep it on your tail and you wont cause trains ... run ahead too far and it will go for the shortest path, wich might be trought the occasional wall ... resulting in warps to different areas ...

Omnimorph
05-07-2010, 06:00 AM
Bugs like this were in classic :p and it was prudent to learn them. Certainly don't think you'll get exp reimbursed for pathing bugs.

I've had trains generated through this sort of method in quite a few zones (solb, paw, guk, etc) died everytime. Just learn from it and move on.

Omnimorph
05-07-2010, 06:01 AM
Oh, and massive kudos for taking the death yourself to save your group :) The server needs more people like you!

Yinaltin
05-07-2010, 07:20 AM
i did the exe room now for 3 days from time to time while camping cav (hi stomp) and sage (hi macroz) with no problem relating to pathing . if you are up the stairs and pull a mob he will always use the right stairs to come up to you . if you are running out of exe room into hallway the mob seems to dissappear (first running around in exe room and then taking a way threw jail room on lifeside !) so just stay in room when you pull until mob is on stairs and all is good :p

Macroz
05-09-2010, 07:46 AM
For sure, there is a coupla issues but its no biggy. Yinaltin is spot on.