PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Bard Song modifyer

Tollen
11-09-2009, 10:23 AM
The lvl 2 bard song "Chords of Dissonance" is not affected by instrument modifiers

at lvl 10 with out lute the song hits for 4dmg a tick, with lute same 4dmg a tick.

I believe the formula is spell base dmg*mod.

Id have to check but I think the merchant lute is 1.8mod so should see around 7dmg a tick.

krillinbot
02-06-2010, 06:05 PM
On live, instruments definitely increased the damage of the AE songs Chords of Dissonance and Denon's Disruptive Discord, but I am not seeing any damage increase when I use instruments for either of these songs.

Gorgetrapper
03-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Definitely need a bump on this.

Jify
03-14-2010, 10:52 PM
Aye. No effect lvl 1 through 50 on those AE spells 8(

edit: Err. Meaning the instrument has no effect on the song strength.

guineapig
03-15-2010, 07:45 AM
To my knowledge bard songs are on the radar for fixes. A dev mentioned this in a post about the Enchanter Alliance spells being fixed (which are working great by the way and thank you!)

Yeah it's a super bummer as I went out of my way to get special verions of each bard instrument and they do absolutely nothing special.

So BUMP.

(Bard alliance spell, don't forget that one.)

Jify
03-15-2010, 07:50 AM
(Bard alliance spell, don't forget that one.)

Truth! Needed for the epic 8)

Gorgetrapper
03-16-2010, 01:39 PM
Is this even being looked at, or is it being overlooked?

bordbard
03-16-2010, 04:36 PM
Just my 2 cents:

I definately notice a difference(increase) in speed while using "hand drums" and "selos".

Not quite at the level to try out the other instruments.

-Bord, lvl 8 Bard

Gorgetrapper
03-16-2010, 04:38 PM
The modifiers for songs like selos and the heal song, are working just fine with instruments, but the AE dots are not.

mreynert
03-16-2010, 05:34 PM
The modifiers for songs like selos and the heal song, are working just fine with instruments, but the AE dots are not.

The modifiers are working properly for heal song when the instrument is continually held, but if you start the song with an instrument out and then swap it out, your regen will drop to match non-instrument levels. This problem also exists with our dot line if you hit the mob with drums out and then switch and do NOT let the song reapply without drums.

Jete
03-16-2010, 07:23 PM
The modifiers are working properly for heal song when the instrument is continually held, but if you start the song with an instrument out and then swap it out, your regen will drop to match non-instrument levels. This problem also exists with our dot line if you hit the mob with drums out and then switch and do NOT let the song reapply without drums.

Thats a whole bug of its own.. updating the summary of bard bugs to have all this in it.