PDA

View Full Version : Please delete <global ooc>

mostbitter
04-12-2012, 04:21 PM
If mid level pvp wasn't dead already this made sure it was never going to happen. I made my own guild and now that I want to try recruit the random player I happen by once a week he is already in <global ooc> and has no incentive to join. Furthermore you put all of these new people in the same guild and the incentive to fight vs each other is diminished greatly because it feels like they are working together. I was shocked when this compromise was introduced but now that I've seen the result I am disheartened. I came here to pvp and not only is the low population not providing me with what I came here intending to find but now the actions of the staff are also reducing the amount of PVP encounters during the leveling process.

Please fix

fiegi 2.5
04-12-2012, 04:23 PM
never saw this 1 coming

Winni
04-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Sorry bro, but giving new players a way to hang out is more important then your new guild.

mostbitter
04-12-2012, 04:31 PM
mid level pvp 2?

Slave
04-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Hard to believe this actually made it through every QC process when yellow text, actual global ooc, and hardcoded teams seemingly don't merit a second thought.

mostbitter
04-12-2012, 05:30 PM
amelinda was just trying her best but it sucks for this server dont be a doodie head

HarrisonStillPosting
04-12-2012, 05:55 PM
So wait, people enjoy being in the guild and the benefits it offers, and you want it deleted because you don't like it?

Okay, perfectly logical.

Tradesonred
04-12-2012, 05:57 PM
lol harrison is still here shitting up the threads, GG

HarrisonStillPosting
04-12-2012, 06:00 PM
I posted an opinion. If you don't like it, cry abo....oh, you're way ahead of me. Waaaah.

aborted
04-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Maybe characters should be kicked out once they reach a certain level.

Nolanite
04-12-2012, 06:37 PM
So wait, people enjoy being in the guild and the benefits it offers, and you want it deleted because you don't like it?

Okay, perfectly logical.

You don't know what Global ooc even looks like because your banned...Why do you post here? Do you have absolutely no life?

Dullah
04-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Theres nothing to say you can't recruit while in Global OOC until you get enough people together.

Theres also no rule that you can't kill other members of global OOC.

Thread is obvious whine for the sake of whining, and another opportunity for Holobad to wet their collective forum diaper.

heartbrand
04-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Except OP is not in holo and his point is valid

Dubee
04-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Except OP is not in holo and his point is valid

its not valid because I see people argueing and pvping each other in g chat.

However, I do agree that disbanding <Global OOC> and replacing it with /global ooc is still necessary and preferred

Akim
04-12-2012, 08:50 PM
A global ooc channel, for those who played project 1999 when global ooc was still around, was a massive spam channel and had pretty crude topics. And there was no way to leave this channel, so you had to create a seperate message box and assign OOC to it.

My (least)favorite topic from the old global ooc, was race. Because somehow this shit got extremely racist and took up so much of the moderators time i'm sure.

Like, I'd love a global channel in theory, but from my experience with the blue 1999 global ooc is that shit was lame.

Though we did have a classic car talk one morning that exposed the fact some of us 99'ers are gear heads. :)

Akim
04-12-2012, 08:51 PM
cheap fix that solves no problems and in fact creates more instead of actually listening to the super easy fix that the playerbase wants? on this server? why that's unheard of

I'll point you to my post above this one.. In theory yes, in practice it's a fucking nightmare.

Well, It CAN be a fucking nightmare. And it was. If the community of red 99 acted more mature then I gaurentee they already would of had a global ooc guys, but there are idiots in our midsts!

Humerox
04-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Well, It CAN be a fucking nightmare. And it was.

All it takes is Cast and a couple like-minded idiots and global <ooc> is pretty much fubared anytime they wanna do it.

if there was a real solution to this global <ooc> would be winning.

HarrisonStillPosting
04-12-2012, 09:09 PM
You don't know what Global ooc even looks like because your banned...Why do you post here? Do you have absolutely no life?

Never been banned from either server, for anything, ever.

I do know what it looks like because I've had global OOC. It was spammed, hard, by inbred janitors like Cast, Salty, et al.

Dullah
04-12-2012, 09:43 PM
A global ooc channel, for those who played project 1999 when global ooc was still around, was a massive spam channel and had pretty crude topics. And there was no way to leave this channel, so you had to create a seperate message box and assign OOC to it.

My (least)favorite topic from the old global ooc, was race. Because somehow this shit got extremely racist and took up so much of the moderators time i'm sure.

Like, I'd love a global channel in theory, but from my experience with the blue 1999 global ooc is that shit was lame.

Though we did have a classic car talk one morning that exposed the fact some of us 99'ers are gear heads. :)

Apply that to the trolls on red99 forum, the consequence would be terrible.

pojab
04-12-2012, 10:23 PM
I have an idea - perhaps just put in global ooc and remove retard guild

samimnot
04-12-2012, 10:31 PM
lol harrison is still here shitting up the threads, GG

biggest problem of the server to date has been harrison , nothing else

samimnot
04-12-2012, 10:35 PM
if global ooc was in the game id log in and sit at bank to listen to the drama and shit it up personally

no point in playing theres no progression / nothing fun , i come to this forum to read the shitting and see pics , but id rather log in if the shit talking was on server personally

karsten
04-13-2012, 09:37 AM
lol slave still posting about hardcoded teams

Darwoth
04-13-2012, 10:00 AM
virtually every game since this one has had some form of global chat because the thousands of game developers and hundreds of millions of players all recognize that it is needed and is a good addition to the player experience.

seems as though it is only here that a handful of morons will rail against it because they are afraid someone will make fun of them, and having never learned the "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" philosophy that everyone else picked up in first grade this would be quite traumatic for them.

the primary reason this server is dead is not because of an assholish playerbase, a server admin that abandoned the server or lack of content. it is because it does not provide anything that the playerbase as a whole wanted....... (i say wanted, because the 60 people left largely do not want it that way, the 550 who quit...... did)

1> global ooc? nope, someone might get their feelings hurt.

2> leaderboards? nope, the carebears will get their feelings hurt that they have 10 deaths for each kill.

3> yellow text? of course not, need i point out that the people who suck at and avoid pvp do not need such a heavy blow to their already fragile self esteem?

4> a non interfering staff? whats that? nope we will instead have a series of ever changing vague "rules" that are unevenly enforced with definitions that are periodically changed.

and a lot more i dont feel like remembering offhand.

granted we finally got an xp boost, unfortunately it was months after everyone that quit over the slow xp were already long gone.

the server, server staff & their handholding, hard coded ruleset and the server "rules" all combine to create an experience thet rewards mediocrity, cowardice, zerging and shitty players. pvp'ers want global chat so they can create and foster rivalries with their foes, we want yellow text when we kill someone because it is more fun that way, same reason a pinball machine has lights and noises, leaderboards would be where a lot of the competitiveness of the server between the better players could flesh itself out.

instead we get nothing for defeating the enemy except a 15 minute med break and the defeated loses nothing.

Tradesonred
04-13-2012, 10:27 AM
the primary reason this server is dead is not because of an assholish playerbase, a server admin that abandoned the server or lack of content. it is because it does not provide anything that the playerbase as a whole wanted....... (i say wanted, because the 60 people left largely do not want it that way, the 550 who quit...... did)

We had global chat in the beginning, it was called OOC. There was enough population back then to not need an OOC channel, so the argument that it was a lack of OOC that made the pop drop doesnt stand on solid ground.

Irrelevant until pop dropped, so it wasnt a factor.

2> leaderboards? nope, the carebears will get their feelings hurt that they have 10 deaths for each kill.

I dont think that was ever a factor, would have been nice maybe, but i doubt hard that this is why a significant portion of the pop ran away.

3> yellow text? of course not, need i point out that the people who suck at and avoid pvp do not need such a heavy blow to their already fragile self esteem?

Again, would have been nice, but hardly why people left the server

4> a non interfering staff? whats that? nope we will instead have a series of ever changing vague "rules" that are unevenly enforced with definitions that are periodically changed.

This might have annoyed a few, i know it did annoy me, but not in a uthgaard way,
which would have caused me to leave the server.

granted we finally got an xp boost, unfortunately it was months after everyone that quit over the slow xp were already long gone.

Now youre getting closer to what i think made people run away.

the server, server staff & their handholding, hard coded ruleset and the server "rules" all combine to create an experience thet rewards mediocrity, cowardice, zerging and shitty players. pvp'ers want global chat so they can create and foster rivalries with their foes, we want yellow text when we kill someone because it is more fun that way, same reason a pinball machine has lights and noises, leaderboards would be where a lot of the competitiveness of the server between the better players could flesh itself out.

What fostered zerging the most IMO, is pvp xp loss. Because, like holocaust did in the beginning, if you zerg, the pve grind is bad enough already that people will have to run from a group that has the numerical advantage or eat pvp xp death, on top of the harsh grind.

Not having the simple option, IMO, to be able to pvp all day if that was your wish, and try to get back at the zerg who repeatedly ganked you, like you did on Rallos, is what was the biggest mistake. That and not having guards engage people in cities. That is what you could do, and what did happen in Gfay on Rallos. People would do nothing but pvp for hours on the platforms, near the lifts. Because it was fun. Didnt need anything else than that. Can you imagine someone back on Rallos in 2000-2001 complaining about "bind rushing" in Gfay? lol he woulda been laughed off the forums by 99% of the pop.

Everquest 1 is not a deep game like eve online where you can do another bunch of stuff if you cannot pve or pvp. So running away from groups being the bread and butter of your daily experience might have caused more than a few to quit, because it gets boring as fuck, real quick.

Thats how you learn to pvp, too. How are you expected to play EQ as a new guy, when you are heavily penalized for dying? When more experienced players will come at you with better gear, more numbers? At least if you dont lose xp, you can just stick with it until you get better at it. Not only that, a good fraction of the server is trying to make you quit the server by griefing you with pvp xp loss.

Having to run or lose xp on top of the pve grind each time you encountered an holocaust/whatever zerg group is what killed the pop server IMO. (not fun)

Now you may call me retarded, that brilliant argument you made against my reasoning earlier, but im pretty sure this is the main reason why people left the server:
- Pvp is something you do when you have the number advantage, or run away from.

Holocaust lost the zerging game and hardly log on anymore. It was kind of a weird king of the zerging hill type server and nihilum won. How the devs did not see that coming from a mile away is beyond me.
I guess they thought the only thing that really mattered is end game zone control. That should have been weighted against: Is it a fun ride getting to 50? which is what anyone that isnt an hardcore poopsocker/griefer would care about. Pvp xp loss serves only niche pve poopsockers and indirectly griefers whose stated goal is to lower the pop of the server.

Darwoth is doing something here that is called cognitive dissonance. Holding 2 contradictory notions in your head at the same time and beleiving them to be true.

1) Pvp xp loss is a non-factor

2) Harsh xp grind lowered the pop, guildies overtly stating they are out to grief people off the server with pvp xp loss

mostbitter
04-13-2012, 11:49 AM
It was probably hard to see any negative impact from PVP exp loss because they had their heads buried in the sand and ignored all the threads from people saying it wasn't going to be awesome

Tradesonred
04-13-2012, 11:55 AM
It was probably hard to see any negative impact from PVP exp loss because they had their heads buried in the sand and ignored all the threads from people saying it wasn't going to be awesome

Softcorepk comes to mind

HarrisonStillPosting
04-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Lol losing 1-3% experience is the reason the server failed, you heard it here folks.

Losing one to two mobs worth of xp in pvp crippled pvp. Lol you are so bad

bamzal
04-13-2012, 12:00 PM
virtually every game since this one has had some form of global chat because the thousands of game developers and hundreds of millions of players all recognize that it is needed and is a good addition to the player experience.

seems as though it is only here that a handful of morons will rail against it because they are afraid someone will make fun of them, and having never learned the "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" philosophy that everyone else picked up in first grade this would be quite traumatic for them.

and a lot more i dont feel like remembering offhand.

instead we get nothing for defeating the enemy except a 15 minute med break and the defeated loses nothing.

don't forget the shitty resist code that needs a mentioning

HarrisonStillPosting
04-13-2012, 12:01 PM
You mean the resist code that is better than any before it on any pvp server?

bamzal
04-13-2012, 12:02 PM
seems like everyone agrees this pvp box sucks

mostbitter
04-13-2012, 12:03 PM
I much preferred the VZ/TZ code

HarrisonStillPosting
04-13-2012, 12:06 PM
I much preferred the VZ/TZ code

This is why you're a joke, just like VZTZ.

Also, where is VZTZ on server select? I keep hearing it's so amazing but I can never find it.

Truth
04-13-2012, 12:06 PM
it does not provide anything that the playerbase as a whole wanted....... (i say wanted, because the 60 people left largely do not want it that way, the 550 who quit...... did)

dingdingding

mostbitter
04-13-2012, 12:09 PM
This is why you're a joke, just like VZTZ.

Also, where is VZTZ on server select? I keep hearing it's so amazing but I can never find it.

at least its not because of everything i say/do and my whole life like yourself lol

HarrisonStillPosting
04-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Where is VZTZ? You didn't answer my question.

Tradesonred
04-13-2012, 12:12 PM
Lol losing 1-3% experience is the reason the server failed, you heard it here folks.

Losing one to two mobs worth of xp in pvp crippled pvp. Lol you are so bad

It adds up. It adds up after a couple of hours of pvp, youll just have to trust me on this, one trick pony guy.

Lazortag
04-13-2012, 12:15 PM
Does Darwoth know that he doesn't speak for the rest of the server? I wouldn't trust the opinions of a man who is an admitted white supremacist and whose guild forums are filled with some of the most vile racist crap I've ever seen. I think this is relevant because it shows he clearly has no grasp on reality and is probably a sociopath. He wants this server to be his own personal torture chamber and has no interest in seeing it succeed.

Softcorepk comes to mind

I thought Nell supported pvp exp loss? I miss him/her.

HarrisonStillPosting
04-13-2012, 12:15 PM
There have to be consequences for your actions.

Constantly bind rushing, for instance, would have NONE without xp loss.

There are problems much larger than your "waaah 1-3% waaah".

bamzal
04-13-2012, 12:16 PM

they pretty much ignored everything and went off on their own ideas

mostbitter
04-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Lazor I don't like Darwoth but do you realize that YOU have very contradictory opinions about the server when compared to the majority of the red players?

Lazortag
04-13-2012, 12:26 PM
Lazor I don't like Darwoth but do you realize that YOU have very contradictory opinions about the server when compared to the majority of the red players?

The difference is that I'm open to different opinions? I've said a bunch of times that I'd be okay with global ooc even though I personally disagree with it. Same with exp loss on pvp deaths. Same with the exp bonus. I don't go around preaching about how the server is ruined because of a few things I disagree with, because unlike Darwoth I'm not an ungrateful child.

Tradesonred
04-13-2012, 12:28 PM
There have to be consequences for your actions.

Constantly bind rushing, for instance, would have NONE without xp loss.

There are problems much larger than your "waaah 1-3% waaah".

See your sig.

Xp loss in pvp isnt classic.

It wasnt on Rallos anyway, and ive been told you rarely fell on the same level bracket in sullon.

I dont really care whats classic or not really, but this was a bad game mechanic that should never have been implemented.

And god you are such a brown noser Harrison

mostbitter
04-13-2012, 12:31 PM
i was just wondering if you realized

kazroth
04-13-2012, 12:40 PM
6:1 ratio against blue at prime time. Server seems like it has healthy numbers.

Who the hell wants to just throw your body at another player just for fun? Without consequences, this server's PvP will turn into WoW PvP - worthless.

Enjoying the server so far!

mostbitter
04-13-2012, 12:46 PM
This will never be WoW pvp just because you don't lose exp on pvp death. Yall have some of the dumbest most regurgitated arguements. You'll never have more than a 30 second corpse run in WoW, you're invulnerable to death while recovering, and you can choose not to even make the run and just afk at a spirit binder. There is no getting caught being bound across the world which will take several hours to traverse, there is chance for extra deaths because you have to run naked. Furthermore there are other ways to prevent bind rushing which have been implemented and have been successful such as respawn with limited health and no mana. It has become just another reason to avoid PVP. It doesn't make sense to advertise a PVP server, then toss in another mechanic that forces players to involve themselves in PVE.

kazroth
04-13-2012, 01:04 PM
Those are pretty good points. I acquiesce.

Darwoth
04-13-2012, 01:05 PM
blar glar glar racist blah bleh blah white supremacist, blargh glarglar racist waah waah

do you ever have anything to say that does not consist of whining about me not liking blacks?

in any case not that it matters to you, but one can't be a "white supremacist" if they only take issue with blacks (and in my case fresh across the border illegal mexicans)

have no problem with asians, even stuck my cock in two of them.

have no problem with non mexican "hispanics" (especially good ol george zimmerman!)

have no problem with mexicans that come here legally, learn our language and assimilate into american society.

and from a racial standpoint i have no issue with the majority of arabs either as it is their ass backwards religion that accounts for the majority of their bullshit (ie i hate muslims, but not for their race).

but i sure do dislike black folks! and i am quite happy that you are so troubled by it that 6 months later you are still bitching.

Tassador
04-13-2012, 03:08 PM
As we can tell from Darworth post's. This man is a people person, with much experience with people and with that large sample of people he is making a statement that he feels is correct.

If I knew 5 blacks guys and 4 robbed me for being a "mark" then yes I would have your same opinion.

Darwoth
04-13-2012, 03:49 PM
i haven't known 5 black guys, i have known hundreds of black guys (and women) ranging from old fat women living in the country to the worst of the worst ghettobanging pieces of shit on the planet as i spent most of my life 30 minutes from DC which is something like 80% black. none tried to rob me although many stole shit when nobody was looking, one i did not know did go for the whole robbery thing and ended up with an m16 bayonet i had just purchased sticking out of his rib cage which initiated a whole slew of legal "fun".

i have never once known a black that was not a full blown sack of shit and i have known many, many of them.

by comparison i have only know maybe 20 or so chongs, all conducted themselves with honor and dignity.

known lots of white folks obviously, the majority of the ones worth knowing were country folks, then you have the shiteating trailer trash that live side by side with the blacks and act just like them, or emulate them if you will (ho ho ho) or the limpwristed yuppie city folks that are hard at work spreading the "lol white pussy" stereotype.

while having much exposure to them i have not actually known very many mexicans, but i have also not seen a big crowd of mexicans brawling in their front yard on christmas eve, and my town did not have bulletproof glass windows with rotating barrel drawers (http://www.scarybadguys.com/pictures/chicken1.JPG) on all of the taco joints the way they did at popeyes and kfc, and the 7-11's did not have small two man police stations inside of them anywhere but in the blackzone, never got into a fight with a mexican in a shopping mall for randomly hitting my girlfriend (now wife) in the face as she walked by. in case you have not guessed all of these are encounters with the trayvon contingent and i could go on for days about firsthand shit but there is just no point so i wont.

also saw lots of mexican fathers actually raising their children instead of spawning 20 of them to as many different mothers and teaching them nothing except how to be another "thug life" piece of shit.

since my opinion was forged by me in the land of reality after a lifetime of experience, and yours was given to you by your government funded indoctrination center and MTV i find it hard not to laugh at and impossible to take seriously anything you or folks like you have to say on the matter.

go live in the same general area as those your so quick to blindly defend where your grandmother has windows shot out of her office building every few months from the stray rounds sailing in from anacostia then talk to me, until then fuck you and the self righteous horse you rode in on.

Akim
04-13-2012, 04:04 PM
do you ever have anything to say that does not consist of whining about me not liking blacks?

in any case not that it matters to you, but one can't be a "white supremacist" if they only take issue with blacks (and in my case fresh across the border illegal mexicans)

have no problem with asians, even stuck my cock in two of them.

have no problem with non mexican "hispanics" (especially good ol george zimmerman!)

have no problem with mexicans that come here legally, learn our language and assimilate into american society.

and from a racial standpoint i have no issue with the majority of arabs either as it is their ass backwards religion that accounts for the majority of their bullshit (ie i hate muslims, but not for their race).

but i sure do dislike black folks! and i am quite happy that you are so troubled by it that 6 months later you are still bitching.

lol, this guy. You're unhappy bud. You might think you're happy, but you have so much hate, it's obvious if you do think you're happy then you're fooling yourself.

Pretty sad really, if I had a problem with people outside my DNA haplogroup and you didn't have blonde hair, blue eyes and appropriate nasal width and forehead length then to me you aren't white, you're a hybrid piece of shit whose ancestors got fucked by mongols/africans/indians/take your pick.

I guess we all can't be so "lucky" to be born with the correct percentage of DNA that you seem to 'align' with.

You make humans look bad. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Y-chromosome_DNA_haplogroup#Tree_view

Akim
04-13-2012, 04:06 PM
[QUOTE=Darwoth;619795]since my opinion was forged by me in the land of reality after a lifetime of experience, and yours was given to you by your government funded indoctrination center and MTV i find it hard not to laugh at and impossible to take seriously anything you or folks like you have to say on the matter.
QUOTE]

Na.. It wasn't. You've been indoctrinated yourself. Let's put this in movie terms. It's hard to see beyond the matrix when you're worrying about your RSI.

Darwoth
04-13-2012, 04:13 PM
whee another dumbass that skims the first sentence, then proceeds to think i give a shit about blonde hair, blue eyes, norse ancestry or other typical bullshit.

humans are nothing more than mammals, our racial groups are different breeds or phenotypes of human and just like with every single other species on the planet the subgroups within that species have their own distinct traits and charateristics, which lends them to behave in certain patterns.

just so happens that the black phenotype has a whole lot of traits that not only make intelligent individuals from all other groups avoid them, but is why every town or city governed by blacks is a shithole, why every country governed by blacks is a shithole, why in thousands of years of human advancement blacks are responsible for zero noteworthy advancements in science, art, literature or technology.

Darwoth
04-13-2012, 04:15 PM
Na.. It wasn't. You've been indoctrinated yourself. Let's put this in movie terms. It's hard to see beyond the matrix when you're worrying about your RSI.

it wasnt until i was around 20 and had hundreds if not a thousand experiences with said group that i finally had enough and wrote off the entire race, until then i sounded just as stupid as you do now.

Tradesonred
04-13-2012, 04:23 PM
i haven't known 5 black guys, i have known hundreds of black guys (and women) ranging from old fat women living in the country to the worst of the worst ghettobanging pieces of shit on the planet as i spent most of my life 30 minutes from DC which is something like 80% black. none tried to rob me although many stole shit when nobody was looking, one i did not know did go for the whole robbery thing and ended up with an m16 bayonet i had just purchased sticking out of his rib cage which initiated a whole slew of legal "fun".

i have never once known a black that was not a full blown sack of shit and i have known many, many of them.

by comparison i have only know maybe 20 or so chongs, all conducted themselves with honor and dignity.

known lots of white folks obviously, the majority of the ones worth knowing were country folks, then you have the shiteating trailer trash that live side by side with the blacks and act just like them, or emulate them if you will (ho ho ho) or the limpwristed yuppie city folks that are hard at work spreading the "lol white pussy" stereotype.

while having much exposure to them i have not actually known very many mexicans, but i have also not seen a big crowd of mexicans brawling in their front yard on christmas eve, and my town did not have bulletproof glass windows with rotating barrel drawers (http://www.scarybadguys.com/pictures/chicken1.JPG) on all of the taco joints the way they did at popeyes and kfc, and the 7-11's did not have small two man police stations inside of them anywhere but in the blackzone, never got into a fight with a mexican in a shopping mall for randomly hitting my girlfriend (now wife) in the face as she walked by. in case you have not guessed all of these are encounters with the trayvon contingent and i could go on for days about firsthand shit but there is just no point so i wont.

also saw lots of mexican fathers actually raising their children instead of spawning 20 of them to as many different mothers and teaching them nothing except how to be another "thug life" piece of shit.

since my opinion was forged by me in the land of reality after a lifetime of experience, and yours was given to you by your government funded indoctrination center and MTV i find it hard not to laugh at and impossible to take seriously anything you or folks like you have to say on the matter.

go live in the same general area as those your so quick to blindly defend where your grandmother has windows shot out of her office building every few months from the stray rounds sailing in from anacostia then talk to me, until then fuck you and the self righteous horse you rode in on.

This is the reason why planes flew into the world trade center on september 11th 2001

That is all

Tassador
04-13-2012, 04:24 PM
lol dude i was just trying to get you fired up calm down already its friday the 13th.

Darwoth
04-13-2012, 04:43 PM
np, guess when i read your post i took it for more than it was intended.

going to go see if any friday the 13th reruns are on.

Tassador
04-13-2012, 04:59 PM
remember when bravo was cool and showed movies like total recall and comando and friday the 13th. wtf happened guys?

Dullah
04-13-2012, 05:01 PM
As much as I enjoy reading Darwoths posts, to think anything more than a vocal minority want most of those things you are saying turned every one (550 people) off from the server, is ridiculous.

I've quite literally not spoken to anyone that cared for any of these ideas (yt, gOOC), in or out of the guild I play with. They bring nothing to the table but more problems. This is not the community you want to cater to with global ooc or yt, leaderboards or so forth.

The entire pvp system and community on R99 is completely unlike classic compared to live pvp servers, where the game was much more light hearted while still very competitive, not brimming over with trolls and griefers, where people played with concern for their reputation and honor, and an overall fun place for both gamers and roleplayers to enjoy "the world of Norrath" and all the game had to offer, as well as the challenge of pvp.

R99 is not that place, and thats why a lot of people don't play here. They don't want to hear the crap, they don't want to get killed and cc for hours, they don't want to be rooted and have mobs pulled on them, they don't want to be trained daily, they dont want to get dozens of sociopaths like slathar and illi sending them /tells all day about ******s and buttsex, and most of all when they want to discuss the game and check for updates, most people don't want to have to wade through all the bullshit on this forum.

This environment wont be created by giving a bunch of douche bags one more reason to troll around and grief every player they come across into the ground until they log out, nor will it be helped by making us listen to their dribble on global ooc. This is NOT FUCKING CALL OF DUTY! Its a game offering most people an hour or two a day to escape from the monotony of the real world, while also enjoying the additional challenge of pvp.

Thats not to say anyone shouldn't be able to choose their playstyle, but when your playstyle ruins the fun of other players (and no fuckwads, I don't mean because you kill them in pvp) and becomes oppressive to the general community (see paragraph 3), yes, you shouldn't be allowed to do this. Nor should they add half a dozen changes to the server that will further change the vision of EQ and encourage the above distasteful behavior of the few which has undoubtedly been the cause of the low population on this server.

Amelinda
04-13-2012, 05:04 PM
whee another dumbass that skims the first sentence, then proceeds to think i give a shit about blonde hair, blue eyes, norse ancestry or other typical bullshit.

humans are nothing more than mammals, our racial groups are different breeds or phenotypes of human and just like with every single other species on the planet the subgroups within that species have their own distinct traits and charateristics, which lends them to behave in certain patterns.

just so happens that the black phenotype has a whole lot of traits that not only make intelligent individuals from all other groups avoid them, but is why every town or city governed by blacks is a shithole, why every country governed by blacks is a shithole, why in thousands of years of human advancement blacks are responsible for zero noteworthy advancements in science, art, literature or technology.

Your stupidity is so glaring and so fucking blatant that it hurts.

I want the world at large to know that project 1999 does not share opinions that have been generated by this individuals' brain. we do not support the stupidity that is racism here.

Darwoth: as a biologist I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around your obvious stupidity. PLEASE Move out of america. I don't want the possibilty that my children may one day procreate with yours.

no contributions....you are one dumb motherfucker.

locking this and moving it to RNF.