PDA

View Full Version : Zone Experience Bonus

abbadox
11-09-2009, 05:02 AM
Is there a list somewhere that describes which zones have increased experience gain?

Pyrocat
11-09-2009, 06:05 AM
It's all messed up right now, so it wouldn't matter. I think Aeolwind or someone said they were working on fixing it.

FatMagic
11-09-2009, 09:21 AM
A map with this information would be excellent - including dungeon bonuses :)

thrawnseg
11-09-2009, 10:09 AM
The_Nameless last night in /ooc said they ZEM was going to be changing pretty soon anyways - think he said it was going to be higher in dungeons coming up. He didn't give a timeline though.

Reiker
11-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Would be disappointed with even more exp in dungeons but I won't complain until there's official word.

Pyrocat
11-09-2009, 01:28 PM
SolA is the only dungeon that doesn't have -25% exp modifier, if the rumors are to be believed.

Yoite
11-09-2009, 01:32 PM
seems about right to me, kill blue con gnomes in sola, get crazy exp, kill reds in Lguk, bar doesnt move.

Looking forward to the fix though, since im out of SolA now hehe

Tollen
11-09-2009, 01:48 PM
I got this from a old site posted in 2000 i think

"you can get a good lvl in about 5 hrs (i was ten and got to 11)"

so maybe the exp is classic? ;)

Otto
11-09-2009, 01:48 PM
The issue is that no dungeon is giving the proper exp that it originally did in live... aside from Sol A. Thats why it FEELS like sol a is such ridiculous experience... all the other dungeons just aren't right and give drastically less than they should.

Aside from the 10% increase of exp in newbie areas, we won't see a rise in exp rate.... we'll just see less people in Sol A and more in other dungeons that are still good exp.

robrosoft
11-09-2009, 01:52 PM
There was a 10% increase to all newbie areas??

Orichalcum
11-09-2009, 02:17 PM
The Nameless also said that XP was going to be reduced in High Keep - not because it was off, but because some people were exploiting running mobs to the guards. Why would you ruin the entire zone's XP rate just because of a few people exploiting? I personally love this zone and it will really suck to have to leave it if the XP there gets nerfed because the proposed solution is like dropping a bomb on an ant - total overkill and ruins the entire zone.

Not to mention - that would pretty much not be Classic.

Blink
11-09-2009, 03:30 PM
aside from Sol A. Thats why it FEELS like sol a is such ridiculous experience... all the other dungeons just aren't right and give drastically less than they should.

wrong

Otto
11-09-2009, 04:13 PM
wrong

Rather than just being abrasive and providing no information to the discussion, could you elaborate for me so I may know to better inform people in the future if the question comes up again?

Xzerion
11-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Dungeon xp bonus is broken except sola...dont know what he was wrong about...its a fact

Wonton
11-09-2009, 04:30 PM
wrong

wrong

briannick91
11-09-2009, 04:43 PM
I heard someone say zone exp was supposed to be fixed today.

Confirm/Deny? :D

President
11-09-2009, 04:47 PM
The XP im getting in Mistmoore sure seems fast if its "broken."

Unrest on the other hand, was not nearly as fast as Mistmoore, however that could be due to the difficulty.

guineapig
11-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Back in the day one of the best exp modifiers you could find in old world zones was High Keep. If you look at the old version of Allakhazam you can see the percentages even listed for many of the dungeons.

I'm fairly certain these bonuses went all the way back to 1999 but I know for a fact that they were at least there in late 2000.

Reiker
11-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Yeah Highkeep always had the highest ZEM, second or equal to Kedge I think.

Orichalcum
11-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Yeah it did, which is why it's stupid that they are going to lower it even more.

Blink
11-09-2009, 06:38 PM
SolA ZEM is way too high.

People can level from 27-45 there in a few days. That is very classic xp i'm sure you people that leveled there would say.

Someone posted a thread with the current ZEM of the zone compared to Lower Guk a few weeks back warning the Dev's that Sol A is giving stupid amounts of XP and the thread was deleted.

Xzerion
11-09-2009, 07:21 PM
im pretty sure aeolwind looked it up and it was intended....what forum was this thread in blink? ill try and look it up

Aeolwind
11-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Ok, for clarification:
- Newbie zones will be receiving a XP bonus of about 10%. Total increase is actually 25% in the xp modifier value, but will result in only 10% speed.
- Thanks to the exploiting douchebag fuck sticks, Highkeep will be pushed down by 90% until I can get the guards scripted to deal with the situation or a less than nominal option I've been considering. If this pisses you off, please, feel free to report said exploiting ass bags so we can get rid of them in the mean time. If you are an exploiting douchebag and this pisses you off, go play in traffic or get sterilized, something.
- Outdoor dungeons, like Mistmoore/Unrest/Blackburrow, will receive less of a bonus than say Guk or SolA/B.

Now, with that said, to address a couple of "OMG DOOOM" comments.
1) Don't know who deleted the other thread about ZEM's, prob cause it was a known bug.
2) If the XP is out of control, please post feedback, this is your server, not mine. I'll do what I can with my changes to make it as fair as I possibly can while still yet screwing the players slightly. You want true classic experience and I try to deliver.
3) It could be that the new zone modifiers will be fine but the base XP needs to be changed. Keep that in mind when posting feedback.

Condescending remarks can be directed to the nearest fencepost, or I can call you a whaambulance. Constructive remarks with #'s or $ involved will be taken into consideration highly.

Otto
11-09-2009, 07:38 PM
SolA ZEM is way too high.

People can level from 27-45 there in a few days. That is very classic xp i'm sure you people that leveled there would say.

Someone posted a thread with the current ZEM of the zone compared to Lower Guk a few weeks back warning the Dev's that Sol A is giving stupid amounts of XP and the thread was deleted.

You can actually go from 18 to 48 in 2-3 weeks. But that was just as feasible in classic.

Look at Galahad. 1-50 without leveling in sol A in much less time (wasn't it two weeks on the dot? maybe it was 3. either way) than the people who did level in sol a.

Now if you can show me the exact ZEMs of the zone on live and prove that its different from on this server.... then fine. From what I've been told and what I've experienced, it's just like live.

Aeolwind
11-09-2009, 07:48 PM

Didn't get deleted actually, it is in the bugs forum....where this topic should be. http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=440

Blink
11-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Didn't get deleted actually, it is in the bugs forum....where this topic should be. http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=440

Not the same post. This is someone else that noticed something wrong.

The post I am refering to compared hard numbers from SolA and Lower Guk on the p1999 server. How that person got the information I do not know and was probably why it was deleted.

If you guys are fine with the stupid XP there I am fine with it. About time I level an alt now anyhow.

Harazzer
11-09-2009, 09:56 PM
I think sol A is way too fast. Here is why:

At level 45 killing a teal gnome in sola gives about 1.25 "ticks" of blue, aka 4 kills gives 1 blue bubble of exp. This is for a teal mob that is about 15 levels lower than me and have about 1200 hit points.

For comparison the other mobs i found that gave the same amount of experience per kill were level 40+ ice giants outside of perma which have like 3500 hit points maybe more.

For further comparison duoing with a 50 mage, even with half the gnomes not giving experience was roughly twice as fast as killing kobolds in solb with the same duo.

I am not sure why everyone thinks that Sol A is just fine, honestly it doesn't matter much now since 90% of the 40+ people lived in there from 20 to 47 and leveled at breakneck speed. If it were changed now it would simply be unfair to those that did not yet take advantage of it. In classic no exp spot could you sit down in with a full group at level 35 and be 39 within a couple hours.

karsten
11-09-2009, 10:58 PM
harazzer's logic on this one is pretty good, actually.

sever
11-09-2009, 11:53 PM
Another problem with solA is the loot pattern we are seeing already. There's a massive ton of solA wts lists for very cheap, some of them being very good items (Obsidian Shard, Charred Guardian Chest/Shield) that should fetch far more than their current 100-300p range. Consequently, you see huge wtb lists for items from the other zones. So we're seeing all this solA loot as a server, when very few people are venturing to SolB/LGuk/CT/MM. Granted there are groups in said zones, but not 35+ like you traditionally see in solA. I think this ZEM change is an attempt to spread the population out from the funnel it is now.

I do understand people using SolA as they have, I have no problem with it. If I knew about it then, I would have done the same, don't get me wrong. No doubt about it, getting to 50 then farming your items would have been a much more efficient route looking back. This change is for the better, and gives the players more of a variety and get's those empty named camps working and getting more loot out in the open.

ferris
11-10-2009, 01:26 AM
Has thing happened yet?

Reiker
11-10-2009, 02:50 AM
sol a gnomes were the best exp possible in classic, fyi.

Galahad
11-10-2009, 04:30 AM
Is there a specific reason the ZEMs are going to be changed to non-classic numbers? The classic values are widely accessible. Is this a "for the server benefit" change like global /ooc etc?

http://www.graffe.com/library.php?id=20

Those numbers are after the changes here (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/editorial/011401_EQ_Producers_letter.html) which were done in velious with the big experience change patch.

Otto
11-10-2009, 02:20 PM
I went to EQ atlas to look for named info in Runnyeye today, and i noticed it shows the ZEM on the website.

Went straight to sol a to see what the exp modifier there was...

http://www.eqatlas.com/solusekseye.html
13% bonus

From what I've heard, that leads me to believe sol a zem is a little to high right now...

Reiker is right though. Purely on the rate you could kill the gnomes on sol a, it was the best exp in classic.

guineapig
11-10-2009, 02:38 PM
I found this from January 14, 2001 :

Droga increased by 12%
Nurga increased by 12%
Solusek's Eye (SolA) increased by 13%
Najena increased by 13%
Befallen increased by 13%
Paw increased by 13%
Permafrost increased by 13%
Kaesora increased by 18%
Qeynos Catacombs increased by 20%
Runnyeye increased by 20%
Kerra Ridge increased by 20%
The Hole increased by 25%

It's a start, I'll keep looking for announcements from 1999.

Blink
11-10-2009, 04:02 PM
This is from the patch that first increased exp % in unpopular zones. EQAtlas is posting this same info but it is not the XP Modifier. ZEM is going to be a number generally 75 or higher.

When ShowEQ first came out on live they could detect a zones ZEM and they compiled a list. I am unable to find the original list. The only list I can find is the one Galahad posted that was compiled sometime around 2002.

I think the closest you are going to be able to get is to use the list and reduce the ZEM by what ever % they upped it by in that patch.

Bubbles
11-10-2009, 10:30 PM
I found this from January 14, 2001 :

Droga increased by 12%
Nurga increased by 12%
Solusek's Eye (SolA) increased by 13%
Najena increased by 13%
Befallen increased by 13%
Paw increased by 13%
Permafrost increased by 13%
Kaesora increased by 18%
Qeynos Catacombs increased by 20%
Runnyeye increased by 20%
Kerra Ridge increased by 20%
The Hole increased by 25%

There's the patch. Honestly think maybe 5% of the server actually played launch 1999 on live. From March to November 1999 on Veeshan if it was peak you could count the number of people "adventuring" in SolA on one hand, tops. Look at the zones listed above.. These zones were *not* given some silly artificial ZEM boost because they were PACKED WITH PLAYERS RECEIVING THE BEST XP IN NORRATH PER KILL.

They were artificially boosted in later patches to get people the heck out of Guk, Cazic, and SolB and into the other *underutilized* zones. You'll notice no boost for Cazic, Solb, Guk, Seb, Karnors, Chardok, or (lol) Dreadlands... Because that's where people *actually* were. ;)

It's a start, I'll keep looking for announcements from 1999.

best of luck, and make sure to grab one of these:

http://recipesreviewsandgadgets.today.com/files/2009/02/snickers.jpg

jendor
11-11-2009, 01:42 AM
This is from the patch that first increased exp % in unpopular zones. EQAtlas is posting this same info but it is not the XP Modifier. ZEM is going to be a number generally 75 or higher.

When ShowEQ first came out on live they could detect a zones ZEM and they compiled a list. I am unable to find the original list. The only list I can find is the one Galahad posted that was compiled sometime around 2002.

I think the closest you are going to be able to get is to use the list and reduce the ZEM by what ever % they upped it by in that patch.

This is the list I've been looking for too. I made a post about it a LONG time ago on the castersrealm boards, but it looks like those are gone... I thought it was at hackersquest.gomp.ch but can't find it anywhere in the archives.

Anyone else remember the ZEM for kedge being like 140 or 150? Everything says 100. That doesn't jive with my memory.

Galahad
11-11-2009, 06:11 AM
Kedge never had a high ZEM. If you compare it to lower level zones then yes it seems like a pretty bad risk vs. reward, but you have to compare it to other high level zones. In classic the other high level dungeons (guk and solb) had a of ZEM 75%. Kedge's ZEM of 100% makes it a 33% bonus compared to those dungeons, so relatively speaking it's amazing experience.

No high level dungeon after Kedge even through to Velious has that high of a ZEM.

guineapig
11-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Sorry, I haven't really found much. About a week ago I found the old Allakhazam pages that listed zone bonuses but I can't remember which year this was. They must have discontinued it pretty quickly because I damn sure can't find a single example of it.

Keep looking in the archives is all I can say.

jendor
11-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Kedge never had a high ZEM. If you compare it to lower level zones then yes it seems like a pretty bad risk vs. reward, but you have to compare it to other high level zones. In classic the other high level dungeons (guk and solb) had a of ZEM 75%. Kedge's ZEM of 100% makes it a 33% bonus compared to those dungeons, so relatively speaking it's amazing experience.

No high level dungeon after Kedge even through to Velious has that high of a ZEM.

Ah, yeah. My drug-addled brain might be getting the actual ZEM mixed up with the percent bonus. 33% sounds familiar.

stormlord
11-13-2009, 10:55 AM
There's the patch. Honestly think maybe 5% of the server actually played launch 1999 on live. From March to November 1999 on Veeshan if it was peak you could count the number of people "adventuring" in SolA on one hand, tops. Look at the zones listed above.. These zones were *not* given some silly artificial ZEM boost because they were PACKED WITH PLAYERS RECEIVING THE BEST XP IN NORRATH PER KILL.

They were artificially boosted in later patches to get people the heck out of Guk, Cazic, and SolB and into the other *underutilized* zones. You'll notice no boost for Cazic, Solb, Guk, Seb, Karnors, Chardok, or (lol) Dreadlands... Because that's where people *actually* were. ;)

best of luck, and make sure to grab one of these:

http://recipesreviewsandgadgets.today.com/files/2009/02/snickers.jpg

Good point. If solA was so ubba then they probably wouldn't have upped the ZEM. It was probably empty most of the time.

Tirooph
11-13-2009, 07:57 PM
It's more simple then you may think.
Project Eq and all the rest of eqemulator's community, built most of the codes that enables Project 1999 to be like it is now.

Most of the code was modified by trial and error. It wasn't copied from the real everquest.
Most of the things that Project 1999 did (I think), is reversing as much stuff as possible to be as close to 1999, as anyone can remember, along of fixing much more stuff.

As you may have already experienced, Project 1999 is a bit different from live. Starting from the obvious stuff as bugs, and goes to stuff that's are just estimated, and not copied. Such as experience rates, spawn rates and loot tables (and many, many many more...).

Anyway, here is an experience modifier table from PEQ's databse.
From my experience, that's seems to be the most accurate, so I'm pretty sure this is it.
So unless Project 1999's team have changed it, this should be like this:

"crushbone",2.13,
"befallen",2.13,",
"highkeep",2.00
"guktop",2.00,"
"warrens",2.00,"
"najena",1.73,"
"unrest",1.73,"
"soldunga",1.73,"
"blackburrow",1.33,"
"runnyeye",1.33,"
"kedge",1.33,"
"neriakc",1.33,"
"felwitheb",1.33,"
"neriakb",1.33,"
"kaladimb",1.33,"
"erudnext",1.33,"
"kaladima",1.33,"
"cabeast",1.33,"
"cabwest",1.33,"
"felwithea",1.33,"
"erudnint",1.33,"
"halas",1.33,"
"akanon",1.33,"
"freportn",1.33,"
"oggok",1.33,"
"qrg",1.33,"
"grobb",1.33,"
"neriaka",1.33,"
"soltemple",1.33,"
"rivervale",1.33,"
"kerraridge",1.20,"
"mistmoore",1.20,"
"paw",1.20,"
"permafrost",1.20,"
"fearplane",1.13,"
"cazicthule",1.13,"
"oot",1.13,"
"highpass",1.06,"
"soldungb",1.06,"
"gukbottom",1.06,"
"sro",1.00,"
"southkarana",1.00,"
"butcher",1.00,"
"ecommons",1.00,"
"eastkarana",1.00,"
"everfrost",1.00,"
"qcat",1.00,"
"rathemtn",1.00,"
"erudsxing",1.00,"
"tox",1.00,"
"qeytoqrg",1.00,"
"beholder",1.00,"
"qey2hh1",1.00,"
"qeynos",1.00,"
"qeynos2",1.00,"
"innothule",1.00,"
"kithicor",1.00,"
"gfaydark",1.00,"
"lakerathe",1.00,"
"lfaydark",1.00,"
"feerrott",1.00,"
"paineel",1.00,"
"misty",1.00,"
"lavastorm",1.00,"
"northkarana",1.00,"
"commons",1.00,"
"freporte",1.00,"
"cauldron",1.00,"
"steamfont",1.00,"
"oasis",1.00,"
"nektulos",1.00,
"nro",1.00,"
"freportw",1.00,"

Glam
11-15-2009, 07:19 AM
"crushbone",2.13,
"befallen",2.13,",
"highkeep",2.00
"guktop",2.00,"
"warrens",2.00,"
"najena",1.73,"
"unrest",1.73,"
"soldunga",1.73,"

This mean Guktop is better then SolA YES YES I like guk more then sol A .....

stormlord
11-15-2009, 12:10 PM
A value of 1.2 for "paw" makes no sense to me. Splitpaw is hard to get to and the developers replaced it over the years to tempt players to go there. Is there some other reason to go to splitpaw? I just don't see a reason. An item???

Glam
11-15-2009, 12:47 PM
A value of 1.2 for "paw" makes no sense to me. Splitpaw is hard to get to and the developers replaced it over the years to tempt players to go there. Is there some other reason to go to splitpaw? I just don't see a reason. An item???

If you are caster its a very good offhand book and robe , for necro its summon corpse spell. think melee have some nice weapen.

Exp is ok too if I remember since most mobs are casters=less hp

Cribanox
11-15-2009, 12:51 PM
I spent plenty of time in paw even during the velious era. I dont really remember why, I just like killing those stupid gnolls.

Halladar
11-15-2009, 01:06 PM
If you are caster its a very good offhand book and robe , for necro its summon corpse spell. think melee have some nice weapen.

Exp is ok too if I remember since most mobs are casters=less hp

"one man's meat is another man's poison"

A lot of people didn't go there because they had a lot of casters. Specifically enchanter mobs.

Samuel
11-15-2009, 01:24 PM
"one man's meat is another man's poison"

A lot of people didn't go there because they had a lot of casters. Specifically enchanter mobs.

This. Some caster mobs are extremely powerful, pulling multiple can be devastating.

Derazor
11-15-2009, 01:49 PM
On most of my alts on live I could be found in Splitpaw from 25-32ish.

Jify
11-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Hrm.. Tough decision.. NFP has more exp than WFP.. do I take a faction hit.. or an exp hit.. 8(

Touch
11-15-2009, 05:54 PM
A transcendance dude in my group told us that befallen was increased by 60%, don't know where he got those numbers from however.

Aeolwind
11-15-2009, 06:33 PM
A transcendance dude in my group told us that befallen was increased by 60%, don't know where he got those numbers from however.

Ask him if he can send me some of the weed he's been smoking.

Goobles
11-15-2009, 06:38 PM
These updates are super WIN! Now we can exp somewhere OTHER than gnomes!

guineapig
11-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Just thought this was interesting. I was in West Karana last night fighting Bandits and Brigands. The bandits are all light blue to me. I'm a level 16 High Elf Enchanter and I was getting 1-2 blue tics per kill. I'm guessing they each gave 1.5 because it seemed like it was fluctuating every other kill.

I don't ever recall a light blue con mob giving that much exp at any level, but maybe I'm wrong, after all I am only level 16. Not complaining of course, I was quite happy with it actually. Just thought it was worth mentioning.

eqravenprince
11-16-2009, 12:11 PM
Soloing mobs in oasis at the moment, Deepwater Croc that conned even to me gave a half blue bub. So I would need to kill 50 of them to level at level 19. Since exp moves so slowly, I try not to watch it anymore and just play the game. Damn roaming madmen, mummies, and ghouls and let's not forget pumas that get pissed if you are sitting.

I turned in 200 gnoll fangs and skipped level 13 and 14. Considering how quickly I collected those gnoll fangs, this was super fast experience at zero risk since they were mostly green con mobs. I may go back at level 20, I like the zero risk factor. I absolutely hate dieing.

Went to Unrest this weekend, it didn't seem like exp moved any faster than Oasis, but then again I was fear kiting in Oasis and not in Unrest. Joined a full group in Mistmoore also, exp was about the same as Oasis as well. So overall, the best experience I've seen if turn in quests like gnoll fangs.

Tollen
11-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Just thought this was interesting. I was in West Karana last night fighting Bandits and Brigands. The bandits are all light blue to me. I'm a level 16 High Elf Enchanter and I was getting 1-2 blue tics per kill. I'm guessing they each gave 1.5 because it seemed like it was fluctuating every other kill.

I don't ever recall a light blue con mob giving that much exp at any level, but maybe I'm wrong, after all I am only level 16. Not complaining of course, I was quite happy with it actually. Just thought it was worth mentioning.

I was getting 1/4 a blue from unrest Light blues (death beetles) at lvl 16. this is before the ZEM was in affect so I'm looking forward to trying it now with the new ZEM.

stormlord
11-20-2009, 12:28 AM

I don't want to spoil the adventure, but keep those bandit sashes. Go to the paladin guild in south qeynos and ask around.

stormlord
11-20-2009, 12:31 AM
Soloing mobs in oasis at the moment, Deepwater Croc that conned even to me gave a half blue bub. So I would need to kill 50 of them to level at level 19. Since exp moves so slowly, I try not to watch it anymore and just play the game. Damn roaming madmen, mummies, and ghouls and let's not forget pumas that get pissed if you are sitting.

I turned in 200 gnoll fangs and skipped level 13 and 14. Considering how quickly I collected those gnoll fangs, this was super fast experience at zero risk since they were mostly green con mobs. I may go back at level 20, I like the zero risk factor. I absolutely hate dieing.

Went to Unrest this weekend, it didn't seem like exp moved any faster than Oasis, but then again I was fear kiting in Oasis and not in Unrest. Joined a full group in Mistmoore also, exp was about the same as Oasis as well. So overall, the best experience I've seen if turn in quests like gnoll fangs.

I bet if you turn in enough of them the corrupt guards will take a liking for spilling your blood.

eqravenprince
11-20-2009, 10:33 AM
I bet if you turn in enough of them the corrupt guards will take a liking for spilling your blood.

Yep =). I just invis before I head through any city anyhow, who knows who I am KOS to as a Necro.

guineapig
11-20-2009, 11:34 AM
I turned in tons of sashes. Not only is it great faction but with full bags I made about a yellow each trip to Qeynos. Oh and about 50 platinum in bronze weapons each trip to boot!

Damaja
07-10-2010, 12:43 PM
god bless you sir

cbs
07-12-2010, 05:04 PM
I wonder if the is a corelation to the ZEM and Day or night time.

Dumesh Uhl'Belk
07-13-2010, 02:52 AM
With few exceptions, ShowEQ showed the original ZEMs to be 75 for outdoor zones, 85 for indoor zones, and 100 for city zones. There were a few exceptions, but I don't remember them accurately enough to claim what they were.

maximum
12-28-2010, 11:43 PM
Anyone have the zone exp bonuses for Kunark?

dredge
12-29-2010, 04:44 AM

azeth
12-29-2010, 09:30 AM
Anyone have the zone exp bonuses for Kunark?

http://www.graffe.com/library.php?id=20

Rahnza
12-29-2010, 10:42 AM
so is sol a still the best exp?

or has this all been patched

Other dungeons are now more viable, but sola is still one of the best places to be. Especially gnomes.

Ranger1930
01-03-2011, 09:07 AM
So whats the difference between killing in CT vs Sol A

I mean seriously how much of an xp difference are we talk'n?

Chanus
01-03-2011, 09:59 AM
If the numbers previously posted are correct:

Cazic Thule : 113% base XP (+13% over base)
Sol A: 173% base XP (+73% over base)

Dumesh Uhl'Belk
01-03-2011, 10:23 AM
If the numbers previously posted are correct:

Cazic Thule : 113% base XP (+13% over base)
Sol A: 173% base XP (+73% over base)

Which is a real shame, because CT is a cool-ass zone and a harder zone because of the number of cleric mobs. Also, since rubicite no longer drops, Sol A definitely wins on the loot side of the equation too. I wouldn't mind at all if he devs switched the ZEMs on those two zones.

Loke
01-03-2011, 10:40 AM
I wouldn't mind at all if he devs switched the ZEMs on those two zones.

I would. Not classic AND Sol A is way cooler than CT. Also, I would argue that Sol A is more difficult than CT in certain areas.

Seaweedpimp
01-03-2011, 10:42 AM
I would. Not classic AND Sol A is way cooler than CT. Also, I would argue that Sol A is more difficult than CT in certain areas.

Hmm. Pretty sure CT is a good deal harder that sola.

Mardur
01-03-2011, 10:44 AM
This is why CT became a ghost town on live also and was eventually revamped into a 50+ zone. CT is hard, and without rubicite the loot sucks.

Estu
01-03-2011, 10:59 AM
If the numbers previously posted are correct

They're not.

Nanto
01-03-2011, 11:01 AM
Is Highkeep still nerfed from the exploiters?

guineapig
01-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Is Highkeep still nerfed from the exploiters?

It doesn't seem to be when I take alts there, but I have no way to really accurately calculate if there is a bonus. All I can tell you is that the goblins are good exp from like 24 to 30 (well not so much at 30 cause of hell level). At 30 you can still stay in the basement for a level or two and past that you can kill guards if you want to.

At the very least I can tell you that the exp penalty that was in place temporarily was removed.

Kayd
01-03-2011, 09:14 PM

I would like to add that overcrowding was a massive issue at the time. It was common during prime to time have over 130 people in a lot of zones, while others were virtually bare. The tweak wasn't just to get people into underutilized zones it was to ease a general overcrowding issue, and without the overcrowding issue the need for the experience tweak is questionable.

Ralexia
01-03-2011, 09:41 PM
Can a Dev please post the real ZEM numbers?

Estu
01-03-2011, 09:48 PM
Can a Dev please post the real ZEM numbers?

Devs aren't going to release the real numbers; I've asked.