PDA

View Full Version : Spell resist rate and how to lower it?

rixardion
04-06-2012, 06:09 PM
I'm a lvl 30 ench.
I've noticed resists seem to be much more frequent than when I played before.
Dark blue mobs still resist me after tash up to 3 times in a row in some cases.
I remember resisting being almost non-existent after tash for a dark blue mob with few exceptions.

My question is how can I change this? Is there a stat I need to focus on? Does charisma dictate resist rate of all spells or just charms? I'm having a hard time believing there is nothing I can do to decrease resist rates.

Slave
04-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Charisma affects resist rate of mez and charm.

There seems to be an issue with under-50 mob resists on P99. Document specific instances of where this occurs and post to Bugs forum.

Noselacri
04-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Resists definitely seem out of order sometimes. I'm currently leveling a shaman, and at level 36 killing blue mobs in Overthere, I'm getting a resist rate of something like 30-40%. Several resists in a row on root or DoTs is common, 2 in a row happens practically every fight. Zero resists happens maybe once every ten mobs. I'm not debuffing resists because it isn't really efficient at that point in the game, but those resist rates are certainly not right.

Conversely, some mobs seem to have basically no resists. It's been a while now, but when I leveled my enchanter on Grobb guards, they literally did not resist. I didn't even need to tash, I ground out like eight levels in there without seeing a single resist. Other mobs seem fairly normal, but there's definitely a general trend towards too many resists.

Glasken
04-06-2012, 07:04 PM
I see a similar trend with my necro. Things that are disease or poison based, especially shock of poison, seem to get resisted 2 out of every 3 casts.

Scavrefamn
04-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Charm seems severely nerfed on this server.

Here's how charm works in terms of what factors into resists and charm breaks:
- Your level vs the level of the mob(Most important)
- The mob's magic resist(Still very important)
- Your charisma stats (EXTREMELY distant third, barely a factor at all, so low as to be within the margin of error in tests)

Charisma also affects lull spells but only if the initial check fails, if it gets resisted, high charisma will cause the enemies to -not- aggro, making lull somewhat "Safer".

I believe there is a link between mesmerize and charisma as well but I was never clear as to whether or not it actually makes a difference.

Other Enchanter spells are unaffected by charisma (As is my understanding)

godbox
04-06-2012, 09:28 PM
some mobs have higher innate MR right?
well as far as OT goes the cockatrice resist like nuts and tigers u shouldnt fuck with if u cant run
want to see some low MR mobs try giant fort in FM

Ikonoclastia
04-06-2012, 11:39 PM
lol someone got banned in game

godbox
04-07-2012, 01:29 AM
lol someone got banned in game

who?

kazroth
04-07-2012, 01:49 AM
who?

Posts have been removed.

Lazortag
04-07-2012, 02:01 AM
Out of context, con colour means very little. Even though Cazic Thule is blue to me I somehow think I'd have a lot of trouble landing spells on him :p. Seriously though, if a mob is closer to your level it will resist a lot more than mobs that are much lower. At level 60 a level 59 mob is blue, but so is a level 45 mob. My spells are practically unresistible on level 45 mobs, whereas I'd have trouble sticking anything on level 59 mobs. These are extreme examples, but my point is that a mob close to your level should be resisting a lot, even if it's the same con colour as a mob that rarely resists. 30% (what someone said above) resists sounds very reasonable and very classic to me, from what I remember. It was purposely changed a while ago to be like this. Sometimes you will get annoying resist streaks but that's just bad luck/random numbers being random.

Slave
04-07-2012, 02:27 AM
30% (what someone said above) resists sounds very reasonable and very classic to me, from what I remember.

30% resists sounds very unreasonable and even outrageous to me from what I remember, especially on pre-50 mobs.

rixardion
04-08-2012, 05:02 PM
Well thanks for the feedback. It's unfortunate there is no way to make your magic stronger.