PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Troll faction in paineel

Droxx
10-19-2009, 08:35 PM
Nevermind.

ojamajoe
10-19-2009, 08:40 PM
You are mistaken. If you want to be welcomed by the Heretics of Paineel as a Troll, you have some work to do...

Information for Trolls
Posted: Jun 4th 2001 4:49pm | IP: Logged | Reply to this
Anonymous
Books
Anonymous Score: Default
Before I get to my useful information, I'm gonna rant for a minute. The fact that Troll Shamans of Cazic Thule are KoS in the only place with Cazic specific quests is absolute horse****. I also think that the Cazic Quests should originate in a more sensible place (his temple perhaps), especially when you consider who The Lord of Fear's followers are; a troll is far scarier than a conehead in a robe.

Regarding Paineel faction, get thee to the Warrens and commence killing everything that moves. A ludicrous element of the trivial combat code is that kobold molars will be destroyed on any non-xp kobold you kill. I think that defeats the purpose of trivial combat - since we can't get faction-raising drops, we are forced to hang around the zone that much longer slaughtering things that lower level characters could be hunting for experience. There is a post on here that suggests hunting the erudin guards. As far as I am concerned that advice will be worthless to just about every troll shaman after these symbols, because I am 29th and they are still red to me and shamans have no lull type spells to single pull.

My observations on faction levels...(con the undead guards in newbie area, all the things in the city will con similarly)

Scowl and glare = KoS.
Glower = No longer KoS, but merchants will not sell to you. You can, however, utilize the bank. Can not yet do symbol quests, but you can complete Azzar's hat quests for additional faction.
Apprehensive = Merchants in town will now buy/sell with you. Still cannot get symbol.
Indifferent = Can get Initiate symbol, but not disciple. Still can't get Paineel key.

Have not gotten past indifferent, am hopeful the next step will allow disciple symbol. Will post with any new info. Good luck, my fellow trolls.

Brotarnox
29th Shaman
Fennin Ro

Droxx
10-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Not currently able to gain faction easily.
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=3702
No faction in any direction from these guys.

ojamajoe
10-19-2009, 09:05 PM
That's a bug. The Erudite emmisary should give: -HighGuardofErudin, -HighCouncilofErudin, +Heretics, +Kerra

Kobalds and Kerrans do something, I recall, but the meat of factioning to enter Paineel (prior to the Warrens, at least) is killing Erudin guards.