PDA

View Full Version : Could not establish a connection

Smokey86
04-04-2012, 01:02 AM
Just found out this existed a couple days ago and imediatly started working on getting a copy of titanium. Got it did the install. Did all the things the setup guide asked me to do, but I can't seem to get anywhere. double click shortcut and immediatly eqcockblocked with Could not establish connection. Please check your network connection or contact eqtech@soe.sony.com
Changed eqhost file name. Made a shortcut. Added patchme in the properties. extracted the files that were asked of me and replaced the ones that needed replaced. Is it a Windows 7 problem? Do i need to change compatability in properties or start the game a different way? or run as admin?
Anyone have any help or advice? thanks

kazroth
04-04-2012, 01:19 AM
You changed the eqhost file name? Try changing its contents, if that's not what you meant.

You need to be pointed to the right server to get a connection.

It's also highly advised to use Duxa's Installer, and subsequently, the EQEmu patcher.

Smokey86
04-04-2012, 01:46 AM
Sweet i finally got it working. Yea i tried downloading Duxa installer, but my computer wouldnt let me not sure why. Now im just running in circles in the Eurodite town cuz maps are disabled. Lol maybe I will try human.

Zereh
04-04-2012, 02:10 AM
or run as admin?

Yes!

Oh and maps (http://www.eqmacwiki.com/eqatlas/atlas.html).

Drata Helviiryn
10-03-2013, 02:01 PM
im having this very same issue .. can u tell me what you did differently to fix this??

Lyra
10-03-2013, 03:10 PM
im having this very same issue .. can u tell me what you did differently to fix this??

Start over and follow these instructions. Post again if you have difficulty.

1) Default install of EQ: Titanium (other clients will NOT work). Copy/pasting the EQ folder from another install works just fine here. (For consistency, I'm going to assume you installed EQ to C:\Everquest so that the eqgame.exe path is C:\Everquest\eqgame.exe.)
2) Right-click on the eqgame.exe icon within your everquest folder, select Create Shortcut.
3) Right-click on the Shortcut to eqgame.exe you created in step (2). Select Properties.
4) In the Properties menu that appears, edit the target line to say
"C:\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme. The quotes are only needed around the destination string if it contains spaces. Select Apply and then OK to close the properties box.
5) Open the C:\Everquest\eqhost.txt file in the text editor of your choice.
6) Delete whatever is in the eqhost.txt file and replace it with the following two lines:
[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998
7) Save and close the eqhost.txt file.
8) Download the latest eqchangesvXX.zip file from the patch notes. As of this post, we are on v28, found . http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv28.zip if this post is out of date, just update "28" with the current number)
9) Extract the eqchangesvXX.zip file into the C:\Everquest directory, overwriting any files it asks for.
10) Within the C:\Everquest directory, delete the following files to allow these updated zones to function properly on P99:
arena.eqg
arena_EnvironmentEmitters.txt
lavastorm.eqg
nektulos.eqg
Nektulos_EnvironmentEmitters.txt
11) Log into the server with the account you created at EQEmulator.org (http://www.eqemulator.org/).
12) Select Project1999: The Ruins of Kunark from the server list.
13) Enjoy playing on P99.