PDA

View Full Version : P1999 Drama MUST STOP

IronLikeALionInZion
03-27-2012, 06:17 PM
I find it sad / pathetic so many intelligent human beings hours are wasted and consumed by meaningless skirmishes over pixels.

A game is supposed to be something to have fun, test your skills, pass the time.

People who play this game to the extent they post about game drama, or people who exploit the game to have an advantage in game, ask yourself.

What am i doing? Why am i doing this. Why do i feel the need to be the man in a digital universe.

Rmt'ers - coulden't you make more money at a job, or a second job?
Exploiters - how is the game fun when your cheating, how do you feel like you've won or got the upper hand when it was gained by cheating?
Drama People - Seriously, this game isn't that important to be worked up about

We live in very strange times,

Young Trayvon murdered in cold blood on streets shows racism alive and well.
A long , just, and bitter, war looms on the horizon with our ancient foe the Iranians.
Political corruption and economic idolatry is threatening to undermine one of the Greatest, and last Freedom loving Republics on the Earth.

I ask you, Is the drama on here really worth it?
Do we not have greater things to worry about?

http://i41.tinypic.com/fo17gw.jpg

Slave
03-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Why do i feel the need to be the man in a digital universe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEoWaP4skv8

kingsBlend
03-27-2012, 07:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/6IBxr.gif

Raelador
03-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Young Trayvon hahaha. Fail troll is fail. Stupidity is alive and well it seems.

Swish
03-27-2012, 08:48 PM
Young Trayvon

Bring back forum tagging :D

Slave
03-27-2012, 09:00 PM
Bring back forum tagging :D

tea_money
03-27-2012, 09:10 PM
A long , just, and bitter, war looms on the horizon with our ancient foe the Iranians.
Political corruption and economic idolatry is threatening to undermine one of the Greatest, and last Freedom loving Republics on the Earth.

Not sure if serious.

username1337
03-28-2012, 02:13 AM
I find it sad / pathetic so many intelligent human beings hours are wasted and consumed by meaningless skirmishes over pixels.

A game is supposed to be something to have fun, test your skills, pass the time.

People who play this game to the extent they post about game drama, or people who exploit the game to have an advantage in game, ask yourself.

What am i doing? Why am i doing this. Why do i feel the need to be the man in a digital universe.

Exploiters - how is the game fun when your cheating, how do you feel like you've won or got the upper hand when it was gained by cheating?

We live in very strange times,

Young Trayvon murdered in cold blood on streets shows racism alive and well.

I ask you, Is the drama on here really worth it?
Do we not have greater things to worry about?

As a fan of The Big Bang Theory, I found the episode where Penny got addicted to Age of Conan to be especially insightful. Particularly this line:

Leonard: Well, i-i-i-it’s just if a person doesn’t have a sense of achievement in their real life it’s easy to lose themselves in a virtual world where they get a false sense of accomplishment.

It's not hard to see the sad state of surrogate accomplishment for P1999 players -- look no further than the wiki to find that people on this server tout "server firsts" for nearly everything as if it were an accomplishment. Since experience in this game is acquired by mindlessly pushing the same buttons over and over then levels are essentially the sum of committing a lot of time and surviving long hours of boredom (often by creating drama). Epics have a step by step guide with strategies attached - how is acquiring one an accomplishment? It doesn't require thought - just time, luck, and following instructions. In many cases it also involves sucking up to a guild leader and doing the bitch work for them like tracking mobs (again, only a time investment, no skill involved in hitting the track button). Then the people willing to wake up at 5am before work (if they even work) in order to kill a raid boss is damn near the pinnacle of patheticism. In truth, however, the sadness peaks when you see members of high-end guilds sit AFK in EC thinking everybody will see his 1337 gear and think he is awesome. It's really sad...

The drama and problems on this server is because most of the server is full of these hardcores who, after returning to a 13 year old emulated MMORPG, have no other means of obtaining a sense of accomplishment but "winning" at pixels here. On P1999, winning is generally defined as having better gear than everybody else. Since supply of gear is low without instances and content is trivial with 100's of guides of how to win, success is obtained here by playing long hours and participating in guild politics as alluded above. In other words, drama IS PART of the competition aspect of the game. Whether it be creating entertainment for social acceptance, driving other players to breaking the arbitrary server-imposed rules, cultivating amicable relationships with GMs as to leverage the lack of formal rulings on rule violations, or inciting conflict between players as to avoid them creating an alliance -- this game and ruleset is designed such that players succeed by socially and emotionally manipulating others. This is the real challenge on P1999.

In short, P1999 is designed for drama and sad lowlifes. Better to just accept it and move on and let them revel in their depravity.

dhoushi
03-28-2012, 04:00 AM
I actually enjoy drama at this stage of my mmo experience. It's like watching a train wreck, or a marathon of Cheaters. Yes I am the lowest form of human scum to find this stuff entertaining, but what can I say? Drama is junk food for my brain.

In closing... p1999 doesn't have nearly enough drama. I want to see some transsexuals exposed in guild chat, mid cyber, while getting a skype call from the guild leader because he did too much coke during the raid and has to bow out to go to the hospital. Also.. cat on fire

Wudan
03-28-2012, 05:56 AM

Ancient foe? Just War? Brainwashed inbread fool! Stop watching the media, will ya!?

Destan
03-28-2012, 06:06 AM
Does anyone else notice the irony that this post is more likely to incite further drama than to abolish it?

Interesting...

Athosblack
03-28-2012, 07:00 AM
Ancient foe? Just War? Brainwashed inbread fool! Stop watching the media, will ya!?

Ancient foe? You're an effing idiot.

FoxxHound
03-28-2012, 07:20 AM
It's like The Real World.
Wait... Where's the one picture that one dude made?

DoucLangur
03-28-2012, 07:20 AM
Disclaimer: Thread has gone off-topic, I know.

Have to agree - the USA aren't even old enough to have anything ancient :p

Plus no country's people in nowadays world are foes. There's just economical and power-related clashes of interest between the ruling classes, and those are sadly doing a good job at agitating the masses, making them *believe* they have enemies in country xy, to rally support for economical sanctions, political isolation and military actions.

The only real enemies of a country's people are usually sitting in that countries very government and - more importantly - in the steering committees of corporate big players.

I contend that - if there was no Islam, we'd be taught different reasons for why the arabs are a "threat" to us - and the arabs would be taught different reasons why they should hate the western world.

Listening to such propaganda is the first step, getting agitated over it the second step towards acting (violently) against the targets of the propaganda. And this third step of acting violently is commonly being referred to as terrorism in today's lingo (or Operation Enduring Freedom, etc. - depending on which side of the fence you sit).

Does anyone really think that it makes a difference to a family if one of them is killed in a terrorist act, or as "collateral damage" during a military intervention?
Would you feel better because *your* kid was killed "accidentally" by armed forces fighting for a "greater good" that you do not have the means/understanding to judge as such?

Thread probably deserves a move to Rants & Flames ^^

prince 7th edition
03-28-2012, 07:23 AM
u dum drama is literally what makes this game fun. u think we play for the personal satisfaction of beating decades old video gam??? #pvp #oocdrama #newgamesbad

falkun
03-28-2012, 07:42 AM

RMT: Some people are at the stage in the game where they can make money on the side. IMO its morally wrong and obviously against server rules, but where there is a will, there is a way.
Cheaters: Some people enjoy breaking the game, for the enjoyment of discovering what one can do to get around the rules of the game (not the "PSA server rules", but the game-coded rules). I just wish more of them would be "white hat" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker_%28computer_security%29#Classifications) cheaters and not so much "black hat".
Drama: Some people get excessive enjoyment out of making others' lives miserable (as their own). Alfred put it best, "Some men just want to watch the World burn." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efHCdKb5UWc)

TL;DR: Utopia's don't exist.

fadetree
03-28-2012, 07:53 AM
Schadenfreude.

Messianic
03-28-2012, 08:11 AM
Dramatic thread on the internet that decries drama on the internet as a waste of time

SCB
03-28-2012, 09:16 AM
America's most ancient foe is the British.

Just throwing that out there.

waldo
03-28-2012, 10:50 AM
stop drinking the government kool-aid bro.

prince 7th edition
03-28-2012, 11:03 AM
u dum drama is literally what makes this game fun. u think we play for the personal satisfaction of beating decades old video gam??? #pvp #oocdrama #newgamesbad

Goraith
03-28-2012, 11:46 AM
You have gotten better at trolling (68)

kazroth
03-28-2012, 01:27 PM
You have gotten better at trolling (68)

buffett77
03-28-2012, 02:31 PM

SHHH...America has been at war with the Persian idolaters since the Achaemenid Empire. We must bomb Persepolis along with the rest of persia before our Yiddish speaking allies are torn to shreds and burned alive by Farsi speaking terrorists.

Swish
03-28-2012, 02:44 PM
I've had enough of these drama threads!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh564/swishswish/nerd-rage.gif

Grozmok
03-28-2012, 05:35 PM
Just in time for my suspension to be lifted.

So glad I got back in time to read this thread.

lols all around.

Kevlar
03-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Actually the streets are much safer with young Trayvon off of them where he can't jump/sucker punch innocent community watch members who then need to resort to lawful deadly force to defend themselves.

If Trayvon ran up and sucker punched a cop he would be just as dead, and people wouldn't be crying over the injustice of using a stand your ground law to legally defend yourself.

Libtards want everyone to be meek and defenseless for some reason.

Hitchens
03-28-2012, 06:07 PM
Oh good, I wondered where the political forum was.

Oh, this isn't it. Never mind.