PDA

View Full Version : Bards then and now

Kwitchercryn
03-27-2012, 10:49 AM
So, after 12 days of downloading, my Live EQ client is about to finish downloading, gotta love the download speed out here lol. Whilst I wait for the titanium client to reach me, I'm going to play around on live, and I thought I would get the hang of a Bard.

Is there a very big difference in bard game play nowadays as compared to bard game play I can expect on P99? I think I read somewhere that bard aoe songs will no longer hit moving mobs on live, is this true? Just want kind of a heads up, so, while I mess around on live, I don't get too used to it on there then switch over to P99 and its completely different. Thanks for any help you can give.

Sinder
03-27-2012, 12:32 PM
As a fledgling bard on the server heres been my perspective so far. I love the p99 experience and am excited for the higher levels and raiding content. here are some differences you can expect

on live you cannot aoe kite, on p99 you can with skill. it get easy you just need to be patient and willing to die a few times.

Charm Kiting doesnt work like it did on live. not a very viable exp strat from what Ive read.

remember there is no bandolier or any special built in features from live. this is the raw experience as best as they can do to mimic the 1999 times. so that means manual instrument swapping, no /twist command, no maps, no potion belt or for that matter HoT Potions, no guild hall or guild lobby aka corpse running to south karana after dying on an aoe kite. no "bind my soul" dudes unless you run across a person who is obessed with rollplaying, no shared bank.

I could go on but i think you get the idea. I hope you love it and am excited to hear about another bard! drop me a tell in game if you'd like when your in, Fendrin

Kwitchercryn
03-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Well, after about an hour or so, I think its very safe to say, I hate what EQ has become and I cant wait to play classic. Making a toon on live isnt even fun to me anymore. They changed SO much.

Imagine my complete disappointment : I make a wood elf bard, just so I can pretend im on classic for a short while. Whats this??? I cant start off in Kelethin? But I opted out of the tutorial! Set me free in Greater Fay to unleash my wrath on the Crushbone Orcs that seek to invade my forest home! But no, it is not to be. I must start off in Crecent Reach....Well, I will not be turned away so easily! I ask around, and find the easiest way to get to my beloved home in the trees! Just a short run to the nearest PoK book. Then its off to kick some orc butt.

Ahhhhh, at last, the majestic forest of Greater Faydark. I familiar sounds of the night greet me as the magic of the Plane of Knowledge departs me on the outskirts of Kelethin. I make my way to the oh so familiar PoD lift. Up I go, and im off to find the Bard guild master.

Alright, armed with my trusty short sword. I take the lift back down to the forest floor. I start off by slaying some decaying skeletons. Ahh, how I missed the maniacal laughter of the undead fiends as I beat them into a dusty pile of bones....Then...whats this? Off in the distance? Skulking through the shadows of the abandoned druid ring just outside the warm lights of Kelethin....an Orc Centurion! No doubt part of a scouting party, sent to spy, and if possible, kill a member of my elven family.

I can Not let this stand! I charge in to put a stop to this abomination of nature, only to stop short in my tracks.....say it isnt so....This is NOT the orc I was expecting but something completely different. Had it not been for the title above its head, I would of never known this was a member of the Crushbone clan. SoE, your shame knows no bounds. You just couldnt leave well enough alone. You had to change the orc graphic...../sigh The Titanium client can NOT get here fast enough. Classic EQ, you are surely missed.

necrosaurio
04-11-2012, 05:48 AM
Well, after about an hour or so, I think its very safe to say, I hate what EQ has become and I cant wait to play classic. Making a toon on live isnt even fun to me anymore. They changed SO much.

I can Not let this stand! I charge in to put a stop to this abomination of nature, only to stop short in my tracks.....say it isnt so....This is NOT the orc I was expecting but something completely different. Had it not been for the title above its head, I would of never known this was a member of the Crushbone clan. SoE, your shame knows no bounds. You just couldnt leave well enough alone. You had to change the orc graphic...../sigh The Titanium client can NOT get here fast enough. Classic EQ, you are surely missed.

Only Gold (paid for) players can choose a starting area, otherwise, everybody starts in Crescent Reach.

They changed all the graphics and upgraded lots of zones. You can re-enable the old models for players but I don't think you can do the same for revamped zones.

If you think that has changed, just wait until you get a drop of defiant armor and check the stats.

Also, there are no more corpse runs, you'll start with all your equipment and weightless coin.

It just isn't the same game. Some things are better, some are worse, some just different :)