PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes May 3, 2010

nilbog
05-03-2010, 06:46 AM
This patch involves a spells file change. Make sure to get the latest eqchanges.zip from the setup guide!

Code

Rogean: Fixed swimming
Rogean: Pets and weapons fixed.
Rogean: A mob should no longer attack a feigned player when it kills their charmed pet.
Rogean: Fixed short stuns overlapping longer stuns and causing client sync issues.
Rogean: Fixed range on looting to match client's.
Rogean: Snared mobs will no longer return to their bind/guard spots until snare wears off.
Haynar: Bard instrument modifiers should now stick to bard dots.
Haynar: Quick twisting will no longer cause casting bars to disappear.
Haynar: More Bard Song Interrupt fixes.
Haynar: More Bard Song Duration fixes.
Haynar: Bard Song interrupts can now be filtered with the Bard Songs filter in the client.

Content

nilbog: Removed Shock of the Tainted from npc spell sets.
nilbog: Heady Kiolas have been removed any merchants that might sell them.
nilbog: Gnomish Firework combine will now produce the 4 different fireworks that it should.
nilbog: Removed faction hits from Aviaks in southkarana and lakerathe.
nilbog: Fixed Spirit of Wolf to be the proper level.
nilbog: Fixed combine for Spell: Allure, strip enchantment, mana sieve
nilbog: Combine for spell: instill will no longer consume the tome of endless enchantments.
nilbog: Fixed combine for smoked wood elf, gnomish spirits
nilbog: Created recipe for spell: ultravision
nilbog: Added trivial of 54 to combine for spell: instill.
nilbog: Added 'troll forge' as a container choice for creating Tarnished Weapons
nilbog: Princess Joleena/PH changed to 15 minute spawn.
nilbog: Corrected typo in Faren's script preventing text progression.
nilbog: The spawn time of npcs in Upper Guk has been decreased to 16.5 minutes.
nilbog: swampwater crocodiles are no longer kos.
nilbog: heart spiders are no longer kos. the large and giant versions will still be kos, however.
nilbog: Added amiable level faction check for Mojax Hikspin's milk quest
nilbog: Mojax Hikspin will now path to the nearest stone marker every 15 minutes and drop his note.
nilbog: Mojax Hikspin will now accept 1-4 milk at a time.
nilbog: Duggin Scumber faction created. He is primary faction FreeportMilitia
Rogean: Disabled Altunic Jartin's house response until we fix it causing a zone crash.
doacleric: Quest item Power of Earth will no longer drop
mixxit: Fright and chums will now return to their spawn point 10 minutes after alerting Cazic Thule of invaders.

SpellsHaynar: Updated spells_us.txt to fix bard songs using spell effects with sound. This will require updated spells_us.txt client side to fix the sound.

flednat
05-03-2010, 06:55 AM
Awesome fixes thanks for all the hard work

PS not sure if i'm just to fast - but spell file still shows 18/4 date

Zordana
05-03-2010, 07:43 AM
Rogean: A mob should no longer attack a feigned player when it kills their charmed pet.
Rogean: Snared mobs will no longer return to their bind/guard spots until snare wears off.
nilbog: The spawn time of npcs in Upper Guk has been decreased to 16.5 minutes.
nilbog: swampwater crocodiles are no longer kos.
nilbog: heart spiders are no longer kos. the large and giant versions will still be kos, however.
mixxit: Fright and chums will now return to their spawn point 10 minutes after alerting Cazic Thule of invaders.

awsum!

maultar
05-03-2010, 08:29 AM
[B]This patch involves a spells file change. Make sure to get the latest eqchanges.zip from the setup guide!
[/INDENT]

Looks to be the same file with a 4/18/10 time stamp. Will it make a difference or should it have a 5/3/10 time stamp?

ciggwin
05-03-2010, 09:10 AM
Thank you for all the hard work!

I can't wait to get home and finally be able to scribe Spirit of Wolf :p

telamon
05-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Looks to be the same file with a 4/18/10 time stamp. Will it make a difference or should it have a 5/3/10 time stamp?

I'm also wondering this, anyone know if the file should have a newer date?

Fraud
05-03-2010, 12:06 PM
hah, and people laughed at me when i asked if Heady Kiola's were supposed to be available from NPCs

mitic
05-03-2010, 12:43 PM
This patch involves a spells file change. Make sure to get the latest eqchanges.zip from the setup guide!

/snip

Spells[B]Haynar: Updated spells_us.txt to fix bard songs using spell effects with sound. This will require updated spells_us.txt client side to fix the sound.

looks like the old spell file is still downloadable...just tried it with no changes on sounds... just a heads up devs

besides that, i tried to alter the spell file as haynar mentioned in below link but something went wrong (9th post in that thread):

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6906

JayFiveAlive
05-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Noticed that as well -- hopefully they noticed soon :)

Jete
05-03-2010, 05:51 PM
Haynar,

Great job on the fixes! I retested and twisting ( at least my normal twist ) is working amazing! I also tested DoTs with instrument switching, working awesome! I'm pretty impressed with how fast you got to the issues. So impressed I am not gong to ask you to fix charm not stacking with tash! =P

Thank you!

BuzWeaver
05-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Nicely done! Now I'm looking forward to 14 and Meming SoW. Time to do some swimming.

BuzWeaver
05-03-2010, 07:19 PM
I'm also wondering this, anyone know if the file should have a newer date?

I'm getting 4/18 as well.

Lickum
05-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Come on Shameoso....I know you're here somewhere waiting to thank them for fixing FD charm pet aggro!

Ceridain
05-05-2010, 05:57 AM
I'm getting 4/18 as well.

Same here.
But thanks for the patch, we <3 you guys!

mitic
05-05-2010, 09:16 AM
i would like to take the opportunity to thank especialy haynar for his hard work on bard fixes. everything looks good so far (except the new issue being not able to cancel bard songs while they are casted).

the new spellfile is downloadable now folks, clear your cache etc, it is there!

guineapig
05-05-2010, 11:23 AM
i would like to take the opportunity to thank especialy haynar for his hard work on bard fixes. everything looks good so far (except the new issue being not able to cancel bard songs while they are casted).

the new spellfile is downloadable now folks, clear your cache etc, it is there!

Thanks for the heads up about that!

No more:

"aaahh, aaahh, aaahh"

for hours at a time! :D

girth
05-25-2010, 10:29 PM
Nice