PDA

View Full Version : how to disbale the "ding" sound of bards heal/manasong/DS ?

mitic
05-02-2010, 08:54 AM
what file do i have to alter or delete completely to get rid of the "ding" sound after every pulse?

my ears are hurting!

Spud
05-02-2010, 12:49 PM
seriously, i basically just mute my sound whenever theres a bard in my group.

mitic
05-02-2010, 01:52 PM
seriously, i basically just mute my sound whenever theres a bard in my group.

i am a bard and suffer since i use the servers spells file...and it sucks!..would keep using the original titanium spell file but my pegasus cloak wont work with it :(

L2Phantom
05-02-2010, 02:44 PM
I kinda like the sound, reminds me that bards aren't completely useless at lower levels.

Gorgetrapper
05-02-2010, 05:13 PM
You guys still use ingame sounds?

mitic
05-02-2010, 05:41 PM
to my understanding, bards on emu are coded on the same spell code as normal spells and not on a separate code just for bard songs...in poor words, i think, that if i that ding sound would be deleted in some way, i wont be able to hear heal "dings" or any buff "dings" of other classes too, that rite?

Haynar
05-02-2010, 06:28 PM
I am putting a fix together for this, which will require you to update your spells_us.txt file. If you want to go ahead and edit your file, so you can get rid of the sound feel free.

Open the spells_us.txt file with an editor such as wordpad.

You will find each song/spell has its own line.

If you find about 5 lines down, or something like that, is Hymn of Restoration, go out towards the end of the line and you will find a 93 between ^'s. The ^'s are seperators, and the number of them, has to be maintained. The 93, is the spell effect that it is playing. We are going to change this 93, to 155. If you want to try yourself, go ahead. This will fix the sound for you, but not for others.

If you mess it up, download a new spells_us.txt.

You can always wait for a new official one to come out, which may be next week.

Haynar

mitic
05-03-2010, 05:33 AM
haynar,

thank you. i bet everyone will be happy with this change!

i prefer to wait another week for your professionaly coded new spell file :D

mitic
05-03-2010, 07:20 AM
ok i changed that value to 155

there is no sound now but i get some odd particles + unknown spells message (see buff window)

on a side note i have already dowloaded the new spell file...there is still the ding sound each pulse

on another note, same issue on clarity song and all damage shield songs (4x)

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv203/miticeq/bardheal.jpg

doacleric
05-03-2010, 06:48 PM
The new spell effect is correct. The original bard "heal" particle effect seems to be gone forever with the changes made to the new spell effects. We have chosen this effect since it is somewhat similar to the original effect and doesn't have any sound effect associated with it.

As for the "unknown spell", i'm not sure what that means. I use Classic Velious UI and I don't see anything like that.

mitic
05-04-2010, 12:49 PM
disregard