PDA

View Full Version : OMG everquest!!

Natakaz
03-13-2012, 11:06 AM
Hey everyone! I just found project 1999 while i was mindlessly surfing the internet. Now i'm waiting for my copy of titanium to arrive! Can't wait to slay some "a skeleton" again! havent played live since just after gates of discord. Anyway if anyone has a low level toon and wants to break some jaws together i'll be loading up and making a toon in about 2 weeks! Happy Hunting Norrathians!!

P.S. How far is the server along in terms of expansion? Velious?

Danyelle
03-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Project 1999 is up to Kunark at the moment with work on Velious underway. Beyond that this server will never release content (Though I have heard rumors Nilbog once debated a "Project 2001" of sorts that would go up to Luclin or PoP and offer toon transfers/copies. But hell if I know)

DeathByCactus
03-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Kunark.

Galaa
03-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Hey everyone! I just found project 1999 while i was mindlessly surfing the internet. Now i'm waiting for my copy of titanium to arrive! Can't wait to slay some "a skeleton" again! havent played live since just after gates of discord. Anyway if anyone has a low level toon and wants to break some jaws together i'll be loading up and making a toon in about 2 weeks! Happy Hunting Norrathians!!

P.S. How far is the server along in terms of expansion? Velious?

P99 is currently at Kunark. Velious isnt gonna come for awhile yet, so u'll hv plenty of time to level up before it does.

Try to make ur toon at gfay/BB or Freeport area. Groups can be found in Oasis. Qeynos area might be a little deserted though.

Natakaz
03-13-2012, 11:16 AM
I was thinking Halfling Warrior for old time sake, but i'm interested to hear suggestions!

Also .... does Bard kiting still work?

falkun
03-13-2012, 11:35 AM
Bard kiting works*. I managed to level L19-46 in about 1hr/level.

*Swarm kiting (charming a mob and having the pack blow it up) does not work due to a difference in aggro mechanics on this server

*Mob hit boxes are larger on this server than Live, so you will need to learn the P99 method of strafing/turning to manage to be in PBAoE range without being in melee range.

Natakaz
03-13-2012, 11:42 AM
After some research I'm thinking Dwarf Paladin / Gnome Magician. Perhaps wizard

falkun
03-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Paladins are rare on this server, and leveling tanks are almost even more rare. Magicians are a dime a dozen. Wizards and magicians are almost expected to solo for much of their leveling career, while a good paladin will probably receive group invites before he's even completely loaded into the game (especially true while leveling). Good luck in whatever you choose!

Natakaz
03-13-2012, 11:49 AM
Paladins are in short supply? what unholy blight has fallen upon Norrath?! Fear not citizen I'll smite the evil that lurks in the hills and dales! Brell be with you

(i'm gunna make a pally if you can't tell, and i have a RP habit)

falkun
03-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Something about a 40% exp penalty, no large racial choices, and the smaller tool-kit than their knightly brethren the Shadow Knights leads to a shortage of one of my favorite EQ classes (my EQLive main was a pally if you check my sig). The good news is this makes pally gear dirt cheap and the class is still incredibly powerful for groups. I can't wait to get my baby pally up to levels where groups really start taking off. He's going to be a beast.

Shizzam
03-13-2012, 12:26 PM
More tanks needed! especially in the mid level range.. pallies are really useful for there ability to lull indoors which makes pulling in dungeons much easier. stick to grouping in dungeons and you will level quite quickly

Lids
03-13-2012, 12:26 PM
Welcome and spread the words!

DeathByCactus
03-13-2012, 02:41 PM
If you make a war or Pally, group invites will never stop. Lull > Uguk.

stormlord
03-13-2012, 03:21 PM
Paladins are in short supply? what unholy blight has fallen upon Norrath?! Fear not citizen I'll smite the evil that lurks in the hills and dales! Brell be with you

(i'm gunna make a pally if you can't tell, and i have a RP habit)
Look at the class distribution link in my signature.

Do what you enjoy, but keep in mind that hybrids level slowly.

Lets assume the halfling levels 45% faster than the pally, which is commonly stated.

To put that into perspective, 45% of 50 is 22.5. Since leveling is likely exponential, my guess is that it would be more like 42 instead of 22.5. So the warrior would be 50, the pally would be 42 with a lot of work ahead. However, it might be worse than this. If 100 experience was the baseline, the warrior would get 105 and the paladin would get 60. That's a factor of 1.75. This implies the warrior levels 75% faster than the pally.

After 10 kills, the pally has 600 exp, the warrior has 1050. Again, 75% faster.

And you'd have hide for /afk if you're the halfling warrior.

Natakaz
03-13-2012, 06:40 PM
Penalties be damned i'm making a paladin! already working on his backstory and lore lol. I havent played EQ in sssooo long .... i'm gonna get my Roleplay nerd on.

Fear not travelers the servants of Brell will smite evil on all fronts!

(not naming him til i'm on the naming screen, only way to know if i get lol)

Natakaz
03-13-2012, 07:11 PM
would it be worth it for me to pick up blacksmithing?

Flunklesnarkin
03-13-2012, 07:31 PM
I think all tradeskills will be worth it whenever velious comes out

the ring war / shawl quest deals

stormlord
03-13-2012, 08:05 PM
Penalties be damned i'm making a paladin! already working on his backstory and lore lol. I havent played EQ in sssooo long .... i'm gonna get my Roleplay nerd on.

Fear not travelers the servants of Brell will smite evil on all fronts!

(not naming him til i'm on the naming screen, only way to know if i get lol)
My power went out just as I finished telling you that a halflling warrior gets 75% more experience. I think the math is right. If the baseline is 100 and the halfling warrior gets 105 (+5%) and the paladin gets 60 (-40%) then the warrior is getting 1.75x more experience.

Paladins are also least likely to survive to max level according to server statistic. Just go to the "Server class distributions" link in my signature for more information about it.

I'll tell you that the paladin heals better than the ranger, tanks better, and has lay on hands and good hp spells. Good at killing undead.

Brell Serilis was the first God that came to Norrath after Veeshan, the ruler of Plane of Sky. Brell comes from the Plane of Underfoot, a place of tunnels and caves. You may want to check out the Underfoot expansion that launched a year or two ago to see if it has more information about Brell. The original manual says a little bit about him.

Natakaz
03-13-2012, 08:26 PM
i'm in no particular hurry to be high level i just want to enjoy myself and roleplay. A Dwarven Paladin who's handy around a forge sounds perfect to me.

bridgetroll
03-13-2012, 08:58 PM
that's the kind of spirit i like to see. more power to you.

Natakaz
03-13-2012, 09:27 PM
i'm not a super techie .... anyone know a place i can download titanium? i ordered it and its coming via snail mail but i just cant wait lol.

Kender
03-13-2012, 09:44 PM
Something about a 40% exp penalty, no large racial choices, and the smaller tool-kit than their knightly brethren the Shadow Knights leads to a shortage of one of my favorite EQ classes (my EQLive main was a pally if you check my sig). The good news is this makes pally gear dirt cheap and the class is still incredibly powerful for groups. I can't wait to get my baby pally up to levels where groups really start taking off. He's going to be a beast.

umm no actually. pallies just have a different set of tools.

things pallies do sk's can't.

root. omg this has to the the single most cool thing any tank gets. It outstrips FD for usefulness in a group. It can be used for CC, and it can be used for agro control (stand close to root target)

Heal. Pallies can actually doa reasonable job of healing and at a pinch can be group healers. at max level they have the dame heal as a druid

Lull. ok SK gets FD, but FD can't get a party past hostiles

Stun. Large race SK's can bash, but this is really unreliable for interupts

Buffs. Pallies get lower level versions of cleric buffs. handy if there are no clerics around.

Resurrection. 0% at 49 might aid in CR. 90% at 59 is nice though

that's all i can think of off the top of my head.

Basically, a paladins skillset is based more around and helping the group. SK skillset are more based around helping themselves.

trxzee
03-13-2012, 09:58 PM
word

Kaffy - Dorf Pally

Huddaan
03-13-2012, 10:30 PM
Stop talking about Paladins.. you're going to make me re-roll my shamy to a paly! Yes they are nothing alike but I'm an old tank from live, just trying something new.

Natakaz
03-13-2012, 10:56 PM
Stop talking about Paladins.. you're going to make me re-roll my shamy to a paly! Yes they are nothing alike but I'm an old tank from live, just trying something new.

Huddaan.....Ghoulbane...... Fiery Defender. Enough said.

Ravager
03-13-2012, 11:28 PM
I was thinking Halfling Warrior for old time sake, but i'm interested to hear suggestions!

Also .... does Bard kiting still work?

Go for old time sake. That's what this server is for.

citizen1080
03-13-2012, 11:35 PM
i'm not a super techie .... anyone know a place i can download titanium? i ordered it and its coming via snail mail but i just cant wait lol.

The file you seek can be found in a bay infested with pirates =)

rafaone
03-14-2012, 06:42 AM
This server needs more publi/advertising outside, much ppl would like to come but they dont even know of it!!! for me i have published it in various spain forums and ill continue, but we need the help of all!!

Natakaz
03-14-2012, 06:47 AM
No worries on getting the word out here lol as soon as i found it i told everyone i used to play with =p

Galaa
03-14-2012, 07:19 AM
RThis server needs more publi/advertising outside, much ppl would like to come but they dont even know of it!!! for me i have published it in various spain forums and ill continue, but we need the help of all!!

This.

Project 99 is only well known around people who plays emulated servers.

Majority of the mmorpg players and even ex EQ players never even heard of this place.

I've only came across P99 by accident...

falkun
03-14-2012, 07:28 AM
Kender, I was not trying to belittle the paladin class, only provide an outsider's view of the paladin class. I played a paladin for 5 years as my main on Live, I know what the class can and cannot do.

Paladins are much more defensive than their Shadow Knight counterparts, and also much more selfless in their skillset. However, for the average player, where its all about "me me me", the benefits of being able to invis yourself, levi yourself, and FD yourself (not an inclusive list) outweigh the benefits of being able to buff your whole party, lull a whole camp, and rez everyone. Those few players who still realize that "Mass Multiplayer" is what the first two letters of "MMORPG" stand for see the benefits of the paladin class that others gloss over. Its awesome to see a true Knight in action and I'd love to see more on this server!

Natakaz
03-14-2012, 07:29 AM
R

This.

Project 99 is only well known around people who plays emulated servers.

Majority of the mmorpg players and even ex EQ players never even heard of this place.

I've only came across P99 by accident...

Me too Lol sitting at character creation now.... dwarf pally will post name here

Natakaz
03-14-2012, 07:39 AM
OK got EQ all loaded up just made my dwarf paladin! slipping into my role now.

Well met travelers, I am Gandogar Ogrebane.

bulbousaur
03-14-2012, 10:25 AM
Impressive, sir!

Natakaz
03-14-2012, 12:11 PM
By the strength of my arm, and the blessing of the Dwarven Father Brell I have aspired to a third degree paladin.

OOC:
i missed EQ so much! Level 3 paladin with a strong axe arm looking for partner! send your tells to Gandogar.

Goraith
03-14-2012, 12:34 PM
I am a leveling paladin and it is a bit of a slog. On the plus side, groups are easy enough to find on most nights. My character's name is Viro Filiolus and is currently in the low thirties. He already has some Deepwater items as paladin stuff is not too expensice. The down side of that is that I can't make any money selling my old stuff, so I'm always broke. I like pally's but they're not for everyone. I generally hate to solo and I'm in no rush to 60 (I would, however, love to do some planes clearing)

Anyway, welcome to p1999 and I hope you have fun.

Natakaz
03-14-2012, 04:08 PM
made it to level 5! ... now wife agro =( gotta go look at cars.