PDA

View Full Version : Crash to login while zoning

jmele
11-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before.

I frequently crash to the login screen when zoning into and out of certain zones, like Blackburrow.

Any ideas why this might be occuring?

Thanks.

Spud
11-07-2009, 10:57 PM
I have a similar problem with crashing while zoning. It happens frequently and I have to restart EQ.

Then I also have problems with connecting to the server select, then actually logging into the server. But this problem isnt as bad because i can just keep retrying untill it connects.

Crashing while zoning is very time consuming tho, because i have to wait like 2 minutes before ive come to the conslusion that im not going to actually zone then restart, and then have to deal with the login problems. All in all its really messing up my gaming experience.

nilbog
11-07-2009, 11:28 PM
As I don't experience this issue, the best I can do is speculation. I have seen in the past where someone mentioned eqplaynice has helped them with not crashing while zoning.

It is a component within wineq 2.0. Not saying this is a fix, just a suggestion if you haven't tried it :)

http://www.lavishsoft.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3&Itemid=4

jmele
11-07-2009, 11:59 PM
Installed AMD's Dual Core Optimizer and have yet to have a problem since.

Might work for others having this problem, just letting yall know.

Dabamf
11-09-2009, 12:13 AM
***I am offering 100pp or more to anyone who fixes my problem. No strings attached, if you give me information that leads to me fixing the problem, I will come to you wherever you are and give you all my plat, at least 100pp. It's not much but don't have to put forth any effort or meet me or anything. I will also /emote any custom/derrogatory/humiliating phrase you want, in front of anyone you want. I'm desperate.***

I'm also having the issue, so I figured I would post it here instead of making a new thread. It is NOT a simple case of "try xyz posted in the emu faq." I have tried all of the dual core fixes (I didn't run amdoptimizer because I have intel core2duo, so I shouldn't run amd optimizer, right?) on the eqemu page, as well as those listed on the p1999 forums.

Win7 clean install as of last week. I followed the emu and then 1999 installation/file replacement instructions exactly. Running titanium client, unpatched.

So far here is everything I have tried:

1. Win xp compatability mode, sp2, sp3, win2k, win98, vista, and no compatability mode
2. Firewall off
3. Opened port 5998 in router
4. Run eq on only single core (start eq, alt-tab, open task manager, set affinity)
5. Run as administrator
6. Set router to DMZ mode (no security iirc)
7. All of the above, in almost every combination possible

Have not tried yet:

1. Plug directly into modem
2. Blow up my computer

I should mention that I am in Korea, maybe that makes a difference, I don't know. I can have a Korean friend call the internet company and maybe see if they are blocking port 5998? I don't know much about networking. Internet cafes are all the rage here so many there is some difficulty gaming with a home connection?

Computer is MSI VX-600
* Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
* SIS 672DX+SIS 968 Chipset
* 15.4″ 1280×800 WXGA Display
* ATi Mobility Radeon HD3410 Graphic Card
* Integrated Realtek soundcard

Thanks
Dabamf

Deemo
11-09-2009, 05:34 AM
* SIS 672DX+SIS 968 Chipset

crappiest chipset on market imo

Iam running c2d 6750, have no problems zoning. Also running Win7. Iam guessing its either broke HDD trashing files while zone/load. Or Chipset mainboard (READ LAN). As LAN is usely same chipset als mainbord.

entilza
11-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Which mode are you playing in Full or Window? I run in Windowed Mode.

I also turned off all new character graphics when I did the setup. Check your display maybe play with some of the graphic settings, turn off everything see if that helps.

This is going to be hard to resolve without trial and error, is there any debugging information that can help or some kind of logging?

Takon
11-09-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm at work so I don't have time to do any research for you, but setting the affinity after the program has launched may not do anything. I would recommend either figuring out how to or getting an app so you can set the affinity before it launches. (I know they exist, my brother used one to get his comp working, although it was a different issue).

Hope it helps.

Dabamf
11-09-2009, 10:57 AM
I found a user made app on the emu forums that forces eq to run single core. I also messed with some gfx setting in options, and turned UAC off. So far so good, about 14/15 on zoning.

I crashed on the 5th zone when I did only the single core app, then added in the 2 other changes. So I'm not sure what the culprit was but at this point it's looking good. I'll narrow it down in the coming days (maybe the weekend) and post the results to help out anyone else having this problem. I may owe Doom all my plat now haha. Depends if his gfx suggestion was the solver or not.