PDA

View Full Version : Series C Black Boxes quest

Falisaty
11-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Can anyone conferm that this quest is working I have found 3 of the 4 clockworks but have not seen clockwork xviic [ XVIIC) Just outside the Mines of Malfuntion (between 9:30am - 8:00pm). (He's the newbie area 'guard'.) or also just inside the zone from Steamfont.] I have spent a total of 6 hours looking for this mob and the only clockworks that are in these areas are the A series clockworks the one by the mine entrance is clockwork xixa.

Want to know before I post this as a bug.

This quest needs to be completed before the duster models quest can be started as the subject you do the final turn in gives you the note that when turned is spawns one of the dusters needed for the bootstruters framed backpack.

Jameus
11-07-2009, 10:50 PM
I did this quest in the middle of the week and I can confirm that it is in fact working correctly. It took me awhile to find all the clockworks too but they are all there!

Falisaty
11-07-2009, 11:41 PM
then can you atleast give me some info as to where the clockwork in mention may be... is he stationary or does he move. I know the pathing on clockwork xxviic is wrong as he paths through the walls and ends up in the mines.

Jameus
11-08-2009, 10:40 AM
There were two clockworks down by the mines. One was on a little ledge right outside the mine entrance (down that steep ramp). The other one roamed around. He seemed to start off right where the tunnel opens up into the room with the paddle wheel. I noticed that he'd only stay put at that location for about 30 seconds before wandering off into the water. I also noticed that this same clockwork ended up INSIDE the mines. Can't remember exactly where but it wasn't too far off from where I was killing Red V. If you're still stuck just send me a tell in-game and I would be happy to come down to Ak'Anon and show you :)

lr672931
11-11-2009, 10:19 AM
Worked for me a couple weeks ago. Seems as though you were looking in the right spots. Not sure what to tell ya :\

Yopie / Mehh / Sephrok

nilbog
03-14-2013, 08:28 PM
Fixed, pending update.

This was.. really bad.

-Duster V or PHs spawn, run their course, then depop at origin point. This allows for the cycle to continue without needing to kill the factioned npcs. Fixed the pathing.

-Duster X only spawns once someone turns in the note from Jogl to Dreknor regarding obsolete models needing shutdown. Dreknor indicates which note is returned from Jogl with particular text. Duster X, once spawned, doesn't despawn until killed. Duster X now has proper pathing and pauses.

-Duster V/X/phs have special emotes, and at waypoints increase their run speed.

-Clockwork XVIIC is a daytime spawn by Mine entrance and at night is replaced by XIXA. The same switch, albeit opposite, occurs on the first gates leading into the city.

-Clockwork XXVIIC pathing corrected. Absolutely horrible.

-Manik Compolten 'Series C Blackbox' quest now multiquestable. (Amiable or better.) 'Rusted Blackboxes' is multiquestable (Indifferent or better.) Fixed his replies for different faction levels. He now responds when asked for another keycard.