PDA

View Full Version : WTT I advise AGAINST trading for accts

Amelinda
03-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Recently there has been a rash of accounts that were traded that had macroquest used on them. SO. I recommend STRONGLY against trading for or buying accounts right now. unless you know for sure the person you are trading with is not a dirty cheater.

Srs Not Ames
03-08-2012, 08:48 PM
dirty dirty cheaters

godbox
03-08-2012, 08:54 PM
how can you tell?

Clever
03-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Are these the old deleveled accounts from the mass catch last year or new ones since?

Amelinda
03-08-2012, 09:06 PM
These are new accounts that have had macroquest used on them.

Godbox: how can I tell that the characters have had macroquest used on them? our system saves that info. it tells us when someone uses 3rd party stuff.

how can you tell? you can't.

Autotune
03-08-2012, 09:08 PM
hmmm

WTS 40iksar with guise of the deceiver and a 49 ranger. Both on same account.

PM with offers or PST ingame to Stealin Dragons

Confirmed by Amelinda ( <3 ) 100% clean

Zereh
03-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Might be time to publish a list of all characters on those accounts.

godbox
03-08-2012, 09:13 PM
These are new accounts that have had macroquest used on them.

Godbox: how can I tell that the characters have had macroquest used on them? our system saves that info. it tells us when someone uses 3rd party stuff.

how can you tell? you can't.

follow up question... that your real pic?

Deuces
03-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Exactly a public listing would do wonders and make those who arent cheating able to sell their stuff w/o questions.

Autotune
03-08-2012, 09:17 PM
I love how this came out after I bought an account about a week ago, would be better if they suspended these guys once a week.

However, I guess instead of sinking plat into accounts I should have just been hoarding it till velious.

Clever
03-08-2012, 09:21 PM
I love how this came out after I bought an account about a week ago, would be better if they suspended these guys once a week.

I have to agree. We're told that cheaters get suspended, then are told that a totally accepted part of the market might be tainted because cheaters haven't been suspended. What's the lesson we're supposed to take from this?

Amelinda
03-08-2012, 09:23 PM
if you have purchased an account in the last week and are concerned about your account please PM me the account name.

I think I found the individual who was sharing dirty pixels. Banned him and forum banned him.

I'll be online on blue if you send me a tell with the account name i'll look it up for you. be SURE you know the date you purchased the toon and what character you traded the plat from.

Amelinda
03-08-2012, 09:24 PM
I have to agree. We're told that cheaters get suspended, then are told that a totally accepted part of the market might be tainted because cheaters haven't been suspended. What's the lesson we're supposed to take from this?

honey i'm banning them as fast as i can.

even if they were banned, THIS individual would still do dirty stuff.

Amelinda
03-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Godbox: that is the amazing Gemma Teller-Morrow. if you have never watched Sons of Anarchy I feel sorry for you! go watch it now. netflix baby!

Foze
03-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Yeah i traded last week, hope it is clean. D:

edit:
Amelinda thanks again for checking!

godbox
03-08-2012, 10:50 PM
Godbox: that is the amazing Gemma Teller-Morrow. if you have never watched Sons of Anarchy I feel sorry for you! go watch it now. netflix baby!

will do =P

Spudsy
03-08-2012, 10:53 PM

Liar, i know Peg Bundy when I see her.

bizzum
03-08-2012, 10:53 PM
WTB STD Free Enchanter PST

Cars
03-08-2012, 11:18 PM
However, I guess instead of sinking plat into accounts I should have just been hoarding it till velious.

Especially cause I am going to take mine back! Thanks for the free lvl's sucka!

Seaweedpimp
03-08-2012, 11:56 PM
http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/137/c87014190aa540a5b6383d0fbf9c30e0/l.jpg

Nebi
03-09-2012, 12:05 AM
slippery is a known serial rapist and hacker to the community

[ hello friend ]

Spudsy
03-09-2012, 12:23 AM
http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/137/c87014190aa540a5b6383d0fbf9c30e0/l.jpg

You can't fool me.

Bones
03-09-2012, 01:10 AM
Might be time to publish a list of all characters on those accounts.
Exactly a public listing would do wonders and make those who arent cheating able to sell their stuff w/o questions.
WTB disclosure, this is kind of ridiculous. Why aren't names being shared? This is a community, no? Why are we protecting perpetrators of the most malicious type? I don't mean to be disrespectful or to slam the staff and I've been here a while and I know you guys go through a lot... but I just can't find the logic on this one.

godbox
03-09-2012, 01:21 AM
WTB disclosure, this is kind of ridiculous. Why aren't names being shared? This is a community, no? Why are we protecting perpetrators of the most malicious type? I don't mean to be disrespectful or to slam the staff and I've been here a while and I know you guys go through a lot... but I just can't find the logic on this one.

just go type the account names into this website see if they come up if not ur cool http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/

Autotune
03-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Especially cause I am going to take mine back! Thanks for the free lvl's sucka!

you can come take it back anytime lol

KentalCowtipper
03-09-2012, 12:40 PM

Sons of Anarchy is amazing but I'm sorry to say Ame - Breaking Bad just > Sons of Anarchy.

That show is so good its ridiculous.

Tanx
03-09-2012, 12:45 PM
Walter White!

godbox
03-09-2012, 12:53 PM
ned stark > walter white

fonain
03-09-2012, 01:13 PM

She is also from Married with Children and is the voice-actor for Taronga Leela in Futurama.

Sons of Anarchy used to be good. Last season was meh.

fonain
03-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Breaking Bad is one of the best shows ever. If it wasnt for The Walking Dead, Spartacus, and Game of Thrones, i'd say its the best show on TV atm!

Slave
03-09-2012, 01:28 PM
If it wasn't for the long host of inaccuracies and changes that HBO has already made in ASOIAF... ok, Game of Thrones would still be second to Breaking Bad.

Harrison
03-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Make the list of cheaters public, dammit!

bman8810
03-09-2012, 01:42 PM
If it wasn't for the long host of inaccuracies and changes that HBO has already made in ASOIAF... ok, Game of Thrones would still be second to Breaking Bad.

GRRM is a producer on the show. I had just read the books and the show was by far one of the most spot on on adaptations of any book to TV/movie I have seen yet. Not sure what you are talking about.

Not meaning to derail the thread :P

nilbog
03-09-2012, 01:48 PM
We're told that cheaters get suspended, then are told that a totally accepted part of the market might be tainted because cheaters haven't been suspended. What's the lesson we're supposed to take from this?

The lesson here is that trading/buying/selling accounts is risky business. It has been frowned upon since release. However frowned upon, it is still acceptable with all the risk falling on the players.

I do not see as the staff should go out of the way, whatsoever, to assist with this.

I do agree that the bans should be done more regularly.

Cars
03-09-2012, 01:50 PM
you can come take it back anytime lol

Yeah that ain't gonna happen. If I were to come back at any point I would do it on Red and only very casually. Diablo 3 will probably stop that from happening for a long time.

Autotune
03-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Yeah that ain't gonna happen. If I were to come back at any point I would do it on Red and only very casually. Diablo 3 will probably stop that from happening for a long time.

yeah, i'll be playing D3 most likely as well when it hits.

Autotune
03-09-2012, 02:01 PM
The lesson here is that trading/buying/selling accounts is risky business. It has been frowned upon since release. However frowned upon, it is still acceptable with all the risk falling on the players.

I do not see as the staff should go out of the way, whatsoever, to assist with this.

I do agree that the bans should be done more regularly.

yeah, i'm willing to take the risk myself. I thought the MQ/SEQ flagging to ban/suspended period was mostly being done regularly and not a month+ process tbh.

Actually, I had kinda hoped that it would have been an automated process now.

Log in with SEQ/MQ running, account gets flagged, log out and account gets suspended. If logged in longer than 15mins with SEQ/MQ running account gets perma banned.

^ that would be nice.

Cars
03-09-2012, 02:03 PM

I will send you our vent info again, we can clickfest our way to loot together when it hits.

Zithax
03-09-2012, 02:14 PM
How about we ban the players who cheat. maybe.

Slave
03-09-2012, 02:18 PM
GRRM is a producer on the show. I had just read the books and the show was by far one of the most spot on on adaptations of any book to TV/movie I have seen yet. Not sure what you are talking about.

If you think that, you have simply not perused the books.

Flunklesnarkin
03-09-2012, 02:25 PM
I never watched game of thrones on tv. I love the books.

I've just seen too many books get slaughtered getting made into a tv show.

Did that one actually turn out ok?

Slave
03-09-2012, 02:47 PM
It turned out ok as long as you concede the fact that despite some decent intentions, HBO has already made very clear changes to story details, even in major plot-related situations. I'm only about 5 or 6 episodes in but I've read the novels 4 or 5 times since 1995 and they're probably the best thing ever written by a human being, so there will definitely be some disappointment in the treatment of it.

Harrison
03-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Ignore slave. The show is great and hold to the books very well

Diggles
03-09-2012, 02:57 PM
you wanna talk about tv shows that deviate from the books, watch walking dead or dexter. :[

Dexter would be a million times better if it stuck to the books and Walking Dead would be completely different (not sure if that's good or bad, still reading it and just passed around where the show is.)

Slave
03-09-2012, 02:59 PM
you wanna talk about tv shows that deviate from the books, watch walking dead or dexter. :[

Dexter would be a million times better if it stuck to the books and Walking Dead would be completely different (not sure if that's good or bad, still reading it and just passed around where the show is.)

Reading Dexter is like delving directly down dark dreams of derelict dichotomy.

Diggles
03-09-2012, 03:01 PM
haaa alliteration

Harrison
03-09-2012, 03:01 PM
+10 points for the alliteration

Sirken
03-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Reading Dexter is like delving directly down dark dreams of derelict dichotomy.

as someone that reads the dexter books, i see what u did there /applaud

that being said, i've only read the GRRM books once, and i read the first one quite a while ago. im genuinely curious to see what plot points you feel they fucked up, or how else you think they have deviated from the first book. feel free to PM me if you dont want to post it on the forums.

and PS- don't trade your plat for accounts unless you are 100% sure the account is clean.

Knuckle
03-09-2012, 03:04 PM
follow up question... that your real pic?

yes she is the star mom on sons of anarchy.

Grozmok
03-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Holy fucking thread derail batman.

Diggles
03-09-2012, 03:06 PM
it's like constructive bumping

Flunklesnarkin
03-09-2012, 03:07 PM
The walking dead doesn't bother me as much because i never read the books..

My friend was hugely into horror manga tho so I have read some of the Japanese ones... and if you think walking dead is gory... gotta see what fucked up shit goes on in those asian guys heads.

Slave
03-09-2012, 03:17 PM
The walking dead doesn't bother me as much because i never read the books..

My friend was hugely into horror manga tho so I have read some of the Japanese ones... and if you think walking dead is gory... gotta see what fucked up shit goes on in those asian guys heads.

A friend of mine handed me a copy of a Wolfskin comic last year when I was in Syracuse and it just gives me hope for the whole comic genre (which admittedly I was never really into).

Clever
03-09-2012, 03:18 PM
However frowned upon, it is still acceptable with all the risk falling on the players.

Just for clarification: if I buy a character from someone and deliver the plat, but they stiff me on the toon, no one will intervene?

Diggles
03-09-2012, 03:21 PM
oh boy, eve-like scamming in EQ would be fun (jk, character trades are one of the only things that you can't scam)

Holey
03-09-2012, 03:28 PM
I VOTE RESTART OF SERVER

Bruman
03-09-2012, 03:30 PM

I got into the D3 beta. Absolutely hated it. Love D2, but I think D3 is pretty bleh. I went into it optimistically.

Grozmok
03-09-2012, 03:41 PM
I VOTE RESTART OF SERVER

BURN IT DOWN

Rogean
03-09-2012, 03:53 PM
Just for clarification: if I buy a character from someone and deliver the plat, but they stiff me on the toon, no one will intervene?

Nope. We *do not* support character sales.

Diggles
03-09-2012, 03:55 PM
I see a new avenue for revenue

godbox
03-09-2012, 06:01 PM

qft. the only glaring differences in game of thrones revolve around tyrion in a few scenes other than that its dead on.

godbox
03-09-2012, 06:07 PM

how can you pass where walking dead show is in the comics? it litterally never went there other than that they were at one point on a "farm" (the show one is like some crazy manor on an estate) owned by a toatally different charecter named hershel.

this is me derailing this thread for my nerdness:
walkin dead is good show (if you ignore first season ever happend WTF countdown timer to an explosion everyone runs away from in slow motion!?!?)

but

not any similairity to the comics past, literally, the first episode/issue which are identical the way sin city was identical: shot for shot frame ups remaking the drawings of the artist.
a name of a charecter does not make the charecter the way the personality and choices they make build the charecter
rick comics > buttfucks rick TV
and carl cmon wtf are you doing you little psycho.

Yanomamo
03-09-2012, 06:13 PM
the only thing that really bothers me about Game of Thrones is that the writers seem to think we won't pay attention to any backstory info unless they disguise it as a really cheezy sex scene.

Kassel
03-09-2012, 06:44 PM
the only thing that really bothers me about Game of Thrones is that the writers seem to think we won't pay attention to any backstory info unless they disguise it as a really cheezy sex scene.

Truth, still does not take away the fact it is still 10/10

Slave
03-09-2012, 07:12 PM
Anyone who thinks there are not rather large artistic licenses taken with ASOIAF in its HBO treatment basically does not know shit about anything that is going on in the story. That goes for about 80% of the people who I know IRL who have read these as well, so you are not alone. It is an extremely intricate, organic tapestry GRRM has created and there will always be those who are more perceptive and intellectually curious than others.

godbox
03-09-2012, 07:14 PM
ive read the books several times there great theres lots of subtext that is only available in the artistic medium of writing so I think your "reading" too much into it

or your just hella way more smarters than everyone

Slave
03-09-2012, 07:22 PM
theres lots of subtext that is only available in the artistic medium of writing

I appreciate the concern that I may have missed this aspect of medium-switching. I agree with your statement. Still, "a picture is worth a thousand words" did not become a phrase accidentally. Now expand that to video!

Flunklesnarkin
03-09-2012, 10:28 PM
Well its good to know that the show is so different from the comics.. might actually read them once the tv series is done.

godbox
03-09-2012, 10:33 PM
Well its good to know that the show is so different from the comics.. might actually read them once the tv series is done.

the show is soooooooo different you should read the comics they're great
comics are pretty brutal though so theres not really a way to have the kind of stuff from comics happen not on HBO

Barkingturtle
03-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Dexter would be a million times better if it stuck to the books

Are you kidding? The books are shit. Hack, cliched shit, and I've never heard different from anyone who's read them. For the first few seasons the show was not only better overall but written better than the books. Now it's pretty much the worst thing on tv, though. Should have killed it with Rita, imo.

Walking Dead is pretty boring, really. I mean, I watch it every week; don't get me wrong. It's just always kind of a let-down. The acting is pretty bad, which really doesn't help when it spends so much time trying to be a thinking-man's zombie-show. I only really keep watching because I assume eventually they'll kill Carl.

godbox
03-09-2012, 11:04 PM
Are you kidding? The books are shit. Hack, cliched shit, and I've never heard different from anyone who's read them. For the first few seasons the show was not only better overall but written better than the books. Now it's pretty much the worst thing on tv, though. Should have killed it with Rita, imo.

Walking Dead is pretty boring, really. I mean, I watch it every week; don't get me wrong. It's just always kind of a let-down. The acting is pretty bad, which really doesn't help when it spends so much time trying to be a thinking-man's zombie-show. I only really keep watching because I assume eventually they'll kill Carl.

carl doesnt die
spoiler alert:
carl and rick kill alot of ppl tho

Flunklesnarkin
03-09-2012, 11:13 PM
yah i keep watching in hopes they stop running scared and get busy with the explosions and zombie slaying.

Barkingturtle
03-09-2012, 11:19 PM
If Carl isn't going to die then they better kill the Asian kid spectacularly.

Flunklesnarkin
03-09-2012, 11:42 PM
they probably gonna go all soap opera like with the one villain guy sleeping with everybodies wife.

I bet shane sleeps with asian kids GF next and he nerd rages.

Shocker
03-09-2012, 11:46 PM
THIS IS NOT R AND F! lulz

Flunklesnarkin
03-09-2012, 11:51 PM
shameless bump.. not sure why they don't just sticky this..

then don't have to bump to remind people of the dangers ;p

Xarn
03-10-2012, 12:07 AM
How did this turn from a discussion about account safety to books/movies/tv?

godbox
03-10-2012, 03:01 AM
If Carl isn't going to die then they better kill the Asian kid spectacularly.

nah he will be around for awhile but SPOLIER: when the baby is born it gets shotgun blasted in ricks wifes arms and then she gets whot in the head while carl and rick book it

Slave
03-10-2012, 02:42 PM
How did this turn from a discussion about account safety to books/movies/tv?

In any case, spoilers are totally unacceptable and Godbox just went byebye forever on my forum list.