PDA

View Full Version : Can't see servers

twizztid
04-29-2010, 08:43 PM
Hey,

I am at work and I want to be able, at will, to go on to EQ. Problem: This laptop is hooked up through a cable that is connected from modem, to "wireless" router, to my laptop. It seems in the process of coming from the modem to the laptop that the server list is blockd. I have read some posts about people just not be able to see the list until loggin in a number of times. I have logged in with this laptop at this location SOOOO many times, but never is there a list at the server select screen Any one got some sort of solution to help get passed or bypass the problem?

xravenousx
04-30-2010, 01:21 AM
same problem here, havent logged in for a few months and no server list.

Beor
05-21-2010, 03:49 PM
any idea why this is, I started getting this recently after playing for months without an issue.

Tenurn
05-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by EQEmulator
EQEmulator has completed the host move. If you are having problems connecting to the loginserver, try flushing your DNS (ipconfig /flushdns). If that doesn't work, try this eqhost:

Quote:
[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998
If that still doesn't work, try replacing login.eqemulator.net with 216.59.33.136.

Changed happened early may

Beor
05-21-2010, 07:57 PM
Yea, well since I've been playing for months and haven't had an issue...i doubt that's it.

any other suggestions?

Myrkskog
05-21-2010, 09:42 PM
Try hitting the quick connect button and exiting from that char select. I know that was fixing some server list problems.

Beor
05-23-2010, 10:23 AM
I've tried logging in over 100 times over the past 3 days and nothing seems to change. I've changed IP address, flushed my DNS, changed login server information...still nothing..Do any of the Admins have a thought on how to fix this problem?

toddfx
06-14-2010, 11:48 AM
I run into this problem when I connect to unencrypted wi-fi networks, especially if the signal is weak. It usually only happens when I have JUST established an internet connection, and can usually fix it by flushing DNS (ipconfig /flushdns) or restarting the game or even the whole PC.

However, through my tests I have recently found I absolutely cannot connect through any AT&T Uverse network. Servers are blank every time even after multiple attempts, restarts, and DNS flushes.

The EQEmu FAQ says that opening port 5998 can help if you get this problem, but I have not been able to get that kind of access.

But anyway, Here is what it says over at EQEmu:
I can log into the Server Select screen, but when I get there, no servers are showing up. It is just a blank list.
This usually means there is a network problem. Either your network is blocking port 5998 or your router may just be having issues that need to be corrected. If you live in a dorm or are playing from a public network, it is probably going through a proxy and that means they are most likely blocking port 5998, so you won't be able to play. If you are playing from home and have control of your internet connection, then the problem is probably either with your router/modem or with your PC. First, make sure that you don't have a firewall or any other security programs running that might block your connectivity in any way. Next, make sure you aren't forwarding port 5998 to any PCs on your network (this includes port range forwarding that would include port 5998 in the range). If not, next you want to try powering down your modem and router. Then power up your modem and wait until it gets a connection. Next, power up your router and wait for it to connect. Last, reboot your PC and try connecting to EQEmu again. If that still isn't working, then there is a good chance that you need to reset your router or router/modem back to factory defaults. Most modems have a sunken in button that you can hold down to reset it to defaults. Check your product documentation for how to do it. Once that is done, set up your router again and try connecting to EQEmu again. It should be working now, but if not, there may be an issue with the routing from your ISP or your router may just be going bad.

I have seen 10+ threads between here and the EQEmu forum, none of which have any answers besides one brief mention of this FAQ post. I am surprised the issue is not given more attention. Hopefully this port opening solves the problem, though.