PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Feign Death (MONK)

Hovis
03-06-2012, 01:10 PM
hello

I play a level 35 monk on red99 -- i currently have max FD skill (180)

Before the recent patch, my FD would worked 90% of the time verse white and lower con mobs (which i believe makes sense)

After the recent patch i realized that the first FD i would do will FAIL 95% of the time, i would have to wait and FD again (for the second time) which failed about 5-10% of the time.
At first i figured it was only my luck - then i started testing it verse green mobs - at least 10-15 levels lower than me.

This seems to be really off. i had a level 45 monk test it also and it was the same thing. Mobs 20 levels lower with max FD skill it would still fail the first time almost every time.

idk if this was intended or not but it seems very broken.
GM's Please HALP! thanks!

Brinkman
03-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Feign Death fail/success rate is solely based on the skill roll, it has nothing to do with what a mob cons.

That is, a successful FD only means you do not get the " soandso has fallen to the ground " message.

Now the memory wipe component is completely different.

When you stand up after a "successful" FD mobs under lvl 35 will always forget you.

Mobs over lvl 35 have different rules. A static spawn will forget you once it returns to its spawn point. A roaming mob only has about a 15% change to forget about you on each "successful" FD. So youll have to do a few good FD's sometimes to clear agro, or you can /quit out of the game safely while FD and your agro will reset.

Also if you try to FD while having auto attack still on, it will cause you to fail your FD at times, For multiple reasons.

Please note, that FD was changed a few months ago.

It should have a 95% success rate once you reach 100 skill and should scale as such. Your FD should be capped at that 95%. If you are not getting that after a good amount of testing, either you are doing it wrong ( trying to FD while you are still attacking, or facing a mob ( reposte ), FDing in the middle of a mob casting on you ) Or something in this last patch reverted FD to its old, and improper settings.

Hovis
03-06-2012, 09:55 PM
okay thanks man