PDA

View Full Version : Recommend some college laptops?

William Henry Harrison
03-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Yo, bout to graduate in a couple months, parents are gonna get me a laptop for graduation and told me to look for one around to recommend. I suck at laptops. So i'm looking for a 500-700 dollar laptop that can basically run a few games on top of word processing/microsoft visual studio, things like that.

TLDR

need a 500-700 dollar laptop
needs to be able to run eve/lol/whatever for offtime
light and small preferable (15")

Knuckle
03-04-2012, 10:25 PM
dude get a dell

burkemi5
03-04-2012, 11:12 PM
dude get a dell

seriously though, and get the 4 yr warranty. they come to you and fix stuff, it's pretty nice.

JerseyFresh609
03-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Look in the Dell outlet for a refurbished Alienware M11x or M14x in that price range. You can also looked for a used one on ebay but the no warranty. I have a first generation M11x and love it. It runs almost everything at medium to high settings. It's ultra portable and gets 5+ hours of battery life if you aren't gaming. I would go with an I5 or better processor (though I get along just fine with the C2Duo) and 4gb or better of ram and whatever else you feel you might need. Check the outlet frequently until you see one with the specs you want. Discount coupons can also be found for extra savings.

Harrison Ford
03-05-2012, 12:07 AM
after trying for years a laptop that could "do it all" they dont exist laptops will never be able to game if you put down 3 grand now youd get like 24fps in bf3 and then in a year of new games unplayable

CPU/RAM are 0 brainers major bottleneck will be the GPU so make sure you do research on that make sure its not some shitty integrated GeForce Go 6150

William Henry Harrison
03-05-2012, 12:15 AM
guys jesus christ i meant something that could play a few games when i'm out of the house or whatever. i'm not looking for a fucking alienware