PDA

View Full Version : CnM (the anti-RnF)

zahlia
03-03-2012, 09:21 PM
I am wanna propose CnM (Cookies an' Milk) forum. Would be opp'site of RnF forum. 'Steada postin' only mean an' yucky stuffs, can only posts NICE AN' HELPFUL STUFFS! Current CnM-type threads are ones like "tanks TMO fer SK shield!" an' "grat'lations (happy clerics) on epics!" an' stuffs like dat. Would also be good place to post threads dat is come up ev'ry coupla days like "help pease, need rez in x zone!" or "soan'so has a fully geared corpse about to rot in zone y!" or "newbie player has question". I am tinks mebbe lotsa folks who would likes to helps is not never sees dese posts cuz not visits dese forums no more.

In all seriousness, something like this might not be the worst idea. I find visiting these forums incredibly disheartening. When I talked to Wiggles about my reasons for wanting to leave p99, he said that if he could, he'd petition to have my IP banned from these forums. (Wiggles soso clever notagnome.) In trying to keep informed about the Ragefire situation, I spent more time on these forums in the past few weeks than in the previous two years. The result? I saw far more than I ever wanted to of players treating each other (and the staff) horribly. It made me lose faith in both the state and future of the community, which I'm pretty sure wouldn't have happened had I just stayed in Norrath and avoided these forums. I appreciate that RnF exists for those who enjoy that or feel it's necessary, but many of the threads in "Server Chat" and even "Guild Discussion" are pretty RnFish in and of themselves.

I post this with the knowledge that it will likely be met with derision and end up in RnF itself. My toon is a 6 year old, but I am an adult. I'll survive. :p Just brainstorming ways to get the tenor of these forums more in line with the spirit of the server that I encountered in game.

Alkorin
03-03-2012, 09:29 PM
We're not all about the bad here. I'd go so far as to say that -all forums- that aren't RnF should be like the forum you've proposed. We should be treating each other with respect here, or at the very least, we should be able to be civilized, if only through clenched teeth.

Not going to point any fingers, but there are at least two guilds who need to stop dragging the rest of the forum down with them. Is it too much to ask that you guys keep it in RnF if you feel the need to deride each other all day long?

Ravager
03-03-2012, 09:31 PM
+1 I like cookies and milk!

quido
03-03-2012, 09:37 PM
I agree with this thread completely.

+1

Yanomamo
03-03-2012, 09:48 PM
You guys are lookin good today

Rooj
03-03-2012, 10:33 PM
I've been wanting to see a separate forum/IRC channel where crappy behavior is immediately banned.

Silentone
03-04-2012, 03:33 AM
everyone loves cookies and milk =)

Treats
03-04-2012, 03:35 AM
I've been wanting to see a separate forum/IRC channel where crappy behavior is immediately banned.

Agree.

mreynert
03-04-2012, 03:42 AM
You know what I hate?! When I'm all out of milk to go with my cookies...I had two left but no more milk...

Flunklesnarkin
03-04-2012, 03:46 AM
Internet forums are usually like this.. doesn't matter the game.. usually the most vocal people don't even play the game lol

I wouldn't judge a game by its internet forums.. they are hardly a place for reasoned discussion most of the time.

but yah half the time RnF is a place not even worth visiting unless you are absolutely bored or are looking for a reason to be offended or vent.

Should come back and play and just avoid the forums ;p

A Ding Thread or something like that might be cool too

Visual
03-04-2012, 03:48 AM
that forum will have 0 views

Flunklesnarkin
03-04-2012, 04:34 AM
It might be a good idea to not show the latest thread bump for RnF on the Forum overview section.

Flunklesnarkin
03-04-2012, 04:52 AM
Delete RnF, problem solved.

naw RnF plays a vital role in internet forums..

It keeps the trolls mostly confined to one corner of a forum ;p

Anesthia
03-04-2012, 05:13 AM
Opt out of RnF. Let the little boys swing their lego swords at each other and ignore them.

Cookies and milk for the rest of us.

Flunklesnarkin
03-04-2012, 05:22 AM
Opt out of RnF. Let the little boys swing their lego swords at each other and ignore them.

Cookies and milk for the rest of us.

This is pretty much my suggestion for not showing the latest thread activity on the forum overview section.

People shouldn't have to read titles of threads or anything else associated with RnF unless they willingly go into the forum section.

Then they have chosen to cross over to the dark side O:!

Amelinda
03-04-2012, 11:10 AM
You idiots can't even act right in this thread. What is wrong with you? Diggles: Don't post in this thread unless you have something cookies & Milk related period.

Ravager
03-04-2012, 12:38 PM
I understand what you're saying Amelinda, but I don't think name calling is appropriate to a CnM thread either.

A forum where players can ask for and offer help though is a really cool idea. I know a lot of threads get started of people asking for or offering help, but they can quickly get lost in all the other stuff.

In the spirit of cookies and milk, I'm free to port anyone who needs a ride, all druid locations, all donations refused. Just ask my alt Hauling if you see him on.

phobus
03-04-2012, 12:40 PM

In all honesty, I don't understand why that kind of behavior is tolerated anywhere. In-game, IRC, RnF, whatever.

Autotune
03-04-2012, 12:50 PM
but, i'd have to make a CnF troll account!

No way they'd allow me in there normally :(

Alkorin
03-04-2012, 04:34 PM
You idiots can't even act right in this thread. What is wrong with you?

This. Also, the IRC channel is pretty much completely disgusting 99% of the time, but there is no traffic in it other than those people, so...

William Henry Harrison
03-04-2012, 05:34 PM
You idiots can't even act right in this thread. What is wrong with you? Diggles: Don't post in this thread unless you have something cookies & Milk related period.

i admire your selective bannings

Boombha
03-04-2012, 05:37 PM
I like the idea.

Sometimes help threads, and thanks threads get lost in Server chat.

I have had many people help me since I started by giving PP, tons of buffs, and just lots of help. I know I have seen some posts about the same things on Server chat.

They may not get a lot of replies, but they get a lot of views, so somebody likes reading them. :)

Flunklesnarkin
03-05-2012, 08:07 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.luxist.com/media/2010/02/baked-cookies-milk-580cs021110.jpg

Scavrefamn
03-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Rage and blaming is part of the internet.

This extends to forums as well. Rants and flames sections are integral, the opposite is not true.

Alarti0001
03-05-2012, 08:50 PM
I would support a CnM forums....troll posts and hateful messages should not be responded too and troll posters would be banned immediately. Also, could make posting on an anon account carry over their punishment to their main acct.

RnF is for RnF only

Nivar Quartz
03-05-2012, 09:10 PM
but, i'd have to make a CnF troll account!

No way they'd allow me in there normally :(

a girl scout avatar and rotations 4 everyone in CnF! Stealing we will renmae you Rainbows&Lolypops!