PDA

View Full Version : Enchanter or Cleric?

bridgetroll
03-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Hey guys,

Looking to start an alt that is highly desirable in groups. The first two classes that came to mind were Enchanter and Cleric.

Which would you play?

Messianic
03-03-2012, 09:29 PM
Any tank would also be desireable in a group. Its pretty much a coin toss between chanter/cleric....

Ele
03-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Anything but rogue at this point.

Cleric is always a good choice

Matalus
03-03-2012, 10:41 PM
If this is your first character then enchanter, but also play what you like etc ect

Lazortag
03-03-2012, 11:03 PM
It depends what you're looking for really. Clerics "stack" better at raid level (multiple clerics is usually less redundant than multiple enchanters), and post-50 a cleric is pretty much necessary in groups, but Enchanters are more fun to play in my opinion because the class is very complex and can serve many roles (including DPS). You also have more of an option of soloing as an Enchanter. But clerics probably get the satisfaction of helping people more often (through rezzes and such). Like I said, it depends on what you prioritize.

Anesthia
03-03-2012, 11:55 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=57440

Cleric has 460 votes, Enchanter has 401 votes.

I played a cleric to 59 on live Velious. I stared at my spellbook and managed mana in groups. Never soloed because I didn't know how. Felt like I didn't learn the layouts of zones at all 'cause I would zone in and instantly be invited to multiple groups.

Enchanter was my alt after I got bored of my cleric, but I only got to 12 before RL made me quit EQ for a while. I imagine you'd be more active while managing multiple mezzes and bad pulls. Also charm soloing sounds pretty interesting (and dangerous).

Which one would you rather do?

Flunklesnarkin
03-04-2012, 12:11 AM
cleric is easier to start than enchanter imo

and cleric is desired in groups right at level 1

but enchanter needs to get breeze before they start to shine... although enchanter can solo better and make plat easier later on than cleric.

and you get that pet exp penalty when soloing with starting a chanter too

either way.. both are good choices. play both :D

Messianic
03-04-2012, 12:26 AM
Ranger.

webrunner5
03-04-2012, 12:18 PM
A Enchanter is overall harder to play then a Cleric. And they die more often.
Chanter works better for solo. Both are equally needed in a high end group.

Cleric can get a bit boring at times. Same thing over and over. Chanter is a lot of spur of the moment stuff. So can be more exciting but stressful.

Can't go wrong with either one.