PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Targeting Charmed Pets

sabinrf24
03-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Esteemed developers,

I have experienced a few interesting targeting issues only effecting charmed pets. Both of these are different than how charm worked in Classic to the best of my ability to remember.

I apologize in advance if this has already been addressed - I did use the search feature to look for references to this issue and didn't find anything.

1) A charmed NPC cannot be targeted by the Charmer by pressing F1 twice - however, other party members can target the charmed pet by pressing F2-6 (the correct corresponding key for the Charmer) twice.

In Classic, the Charmer pressing F1 twice targeted the Charmed pet.

2) Charmed NPCs are being targeted when pressing F8, while they are charmed and /con Indifferent.

In Classic, once a NPC was charmed, the NPC could no longer be targeted by pressing F8.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this post,

Jahno

Finias
06-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Bumping this, charmed pets still get targeted with F8 and the cycle nearest targets key. This is generally frustrating for the main tank with targeting and for crowd control classes.

This currently works fine with summoned pets, that is, F8 will not target necro/mage/shaman pets. It should also work with charmed pets for the duration of the charm.

Here's the oldest post I could find on the subject.
http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-6013.html

And the relevant part.

Eriatha Egan
03-05-2004, 12:40 PM
Personally if Im the assist for a raid I pickup my targets with F8 anyway which wont let you pick up a pet, but considering the mob is still the quickest way to see if its charmed. NDT makes it much easier ofcourse.

Heed these words. Pets won't show up if you hit your F8 key, charmed pets included.

Daldaen
06-06-2012, 01:06 PM
the cycle nearest targets key.

While they're at it, needa remove this cause it isn't classic. IIRC that was a LoY or GoD addition.

kanras
07-25-2012, 01:24 PM
1) A charmed NPC cannot be targeted by the Charmer by pressing F1 twice - however, other party members can target the charmed pet by pressing F2-6 (the correct corresponding key for the Charmer) twice.

In Classic, the Charmer pressing F1 twice targeted the Charmed pet.

2) Charmed NPCs are being targeted when pressing F8, while they are charmed and /con Indifferent.

In Classic, once a NPC was charmed, the NPC could no longer be targeted by pressing F8.

Fixed, pending update.