PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to global OOC chat

oldfish
03-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Im not sure how hard this is to set up, but the minecraft server i was playing had a webpage IRC channel thing going where people could talk when server was down.

How about this instead of global ooc?

It would be useful to find groups, let people shoot the shit but at the same time wouldnt let the trolls like harrison shit up OOC with stuff like "quit the server already, its terrible anyway" and be the first thing people new to the server would see.

SearyxTZ
03-03-2012, 07:01 PM
P1999 already has an IRC channel. It is a ghetto substitute at best for something that doesn't need an alternative solution.

oldfish
03-03-2012, 07:07 PM
P1999 already has an IRC channel. It is a ghetto substitute at best for something that doesn't need an alternative solution.

Yeah but can you imagine the kind of trash talk that new people will read on there when they log on for the first time?

With part of a core pop that thinks making fun of someone because he lost the use of his legs is funny and edgy?

I can.

They should feature the IRC channel more prominently, i wasnt aware it existed.

Like say, stickied in the pvp chat forum section.

SearyxTZ
03-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Yes, people will talk trash. That's a selling point for a red server. You can look at every classic EQ red server for evidence of this - RZ, VZ, TZ, SZ.

The competition, rivalries, drama, and trash talk is a major appeal. I think too many people here are looking at this with a blue server mentality. People don't play on a PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER server looking to hold hands.

Diggles
03-03-2012, 07:24 PM
we need a red server on league of legends so i can stop getting warnings for smack talk

make it happen

oldfish
03-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Yes, people will talk trash. That's a selling point for a red server. You can look at every classic EQ red server for evidence of this - RZ, VZ, TZ, SZ.

The competition, rivalries, drama, and trash talk is a major appeal. I think too many people here are looking at this with a blue server mentality. People don't play on a PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER server looking to hold hands.

Thats not the kind of trash talk im talking about, its why i made the reference to the cruel idiots making fun of Troriste for being in a wheelchair.

More along the lines of spammin "Eat shit you n*ggers" for an hour straight

teekanc
03-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Why arent faggots banned for making fun of a disable person? GMs need to step up and grow some balls.

steaks6
03-04-2012, 01:59 AM
when people new to server log in and see the global ooc they will run away as fast as they can

its not in dudes , its not going to be

move on

Flowz
03-04-2012, 02:59 AM
Why arent faggots banned for making fun of a disable person? GMs need to step up and grow some balls.

how do people know hes disabled for sure? or why would he tell anyone that he is disabled? How did the information of him being in a wheelchair leak out onto the internet? is it all just a ploy and hes not really disabled or is he looking for sympathy by telling people over the internet that hes in a wheelchair?

Truth
03-04-2012, 08:28 AM

homophobic

Zalaerian
03-04-2012, 10:23 AM

People in wheelchairs are not real people.

bakkily
03-05-2012, 03:18 PM
how do you join the irc# channel though? i've followed the guide and shit didnt work for me

lethdar
03-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Thats not the kind of trash talk im talking about, its why i made the reference to the cruel idiots making fun of Troriste for being in a wheelchair.

Bro we're not making fun of him, we're trying to get him to realize there's more to life than playing playing 15 year old video games while his skin breaks down into pressure ulcers and rots away from his immobility. The current path hes on is the highway to a DVT, PE followed by death :(

We're trying to save him.

Nirgon
03-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Yeah go wheel around outside and bounce a basketball like I see on those TV commercials, shit.

Harrison
03-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Yeah go wheel around outside and bounce a basketball like I see on those TV commercials, shit.

Talks about going outside...