PDA

View Full Version : Check out my bands demo! (Progressive Rock / Metal)

jballe3
03-01-2012, 04:09 PM
just posted my bands 3 song demo, take a listen!!! it's not pro quality, just did it in my basement, only a DEMO !! hopefully plan to record in a studio once a few of our members get a little more experience and improve a little more. hahaha, hope you enjoy

www.reverbnation.com/paradoxos

www.soundcloud.com/paradoxos

www.facebook.com/paradoxostheband

www.myspace.com/paradoxostheband

Thanks!

<3 Partyboy, Aaldas, Zerax, Exzor, Vexul, ummm whatever other toons i have haha

jballe3
03-03-2012, 12:05 PM
lol no responses :( anyone listen to it that liked it? it' sjust a demo, so not like pro quality or anything, wasn't done in a studio, did it myself.... lol

Truth
03-04-2012, 09:36 AM
your guitarist needs a cooler pedal with more echo/reverb or you need another player to fill in the gaps. singers are off key at times when not yelling which kills it.

seconds had good riffs and the singing worked for wut it wus
horizons had primus feel to it
hated atian oragami

i was just here to troll was p good tho

jballe3
03-05-2012, 11:42 AM
yea haha, thanks for the response. it's hard to find a second guitarist around here, we've been through many. and yea, since it's just a demo, just to kind of get a sample of our stuff out there. the singing during the cleans seem off key, but it's pretty much raw, no auto tune, etc. eventually we'll record in a studio when we're ready, this was just kind of a dry run so we can start playing shows since some places require a demo.

i can honestly say, that with the mixing, it was my first time, and we only used a digital recorder (boss br 1600) so there aren't many options, that and I just started learning about the whole process of mixing and whatnot.

I can say I agree on you both with a lot of parts haha, the whole 2nd guitarist thing is definitely killing us, but.... hopefully once we start playing, we'll find someone.

And as I mentioned before, keep in mind, it is JUST a DEMO, it's nothing that is going to sound professional at all, in fact it's far from it. For the progressive tag, I guess that's just what people have told us when they hear all 10 of our songs. We have a wide range of songs, pretty diverse from one another. We may take some of the constructive criticism's that have been provided and rehash some stuff (ie: wait until we get a better quality recording, wait until the vocalist is comfortable with the lyrics and improves his cleans, etc)

The singer, when singing live, seems to perform much better. I've found that, with inexperienced singers, they get awkward when recording in a studio and don't seem to sing the same way they do when they're singing live..... anyone else ever experience this?? any tricks / tips on that part would be awesome

Grozmok
03-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Sounds pretty good, man.

I know I'm getting old, bands that scream like Slayer and Slipknot make me grit my teeth.

The instruments sound good, but the drums sound FANTASTIC.

;)

jballe3
03-09-2012, 05:01 PM
thanks for takin a listen man