PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Bard Song bug

Spirou
04-28-2010, 03:10 PM
Hiyas,

There seems to be an issue when i sing a song and i sit down.
Song no longer is in effect

Example:

I sing Hymn of Restoration.
I sit down..3 tick later song icon stops showing.
I no longer get the effect of song.

Can other bards please verify this.

Thank you

Keep up the good work

Houba

mitic
04-28-2010, 05:03 PM
that is correct. once u sit down, every song will stop right now

Xantarr
04-29-2010, 12:10 AM
This also applies to ducking - if you duck (crouch) your song also fades.

This is a huge problem in dungeons where the bard is running through with invis song up, and accidentally touches a low ceiling or rock and cannot get to a safe spot before having to recast.

Spirou
04-29-2010, 02:41 AM
This is not supposed to happen.

Song are supposed to continue even when u duck and when u sit.

I know that u just did a major overhaul on bards ...

But since its still fresh do u think u can add this to next patch ?

Thnxs

Keep up the good work.

Houba

Gorgetrapper
04-29-2010, 04:40 AM
Haynar said this was already fixed.

eqdruid76
04-29-2010, 06:12 AM
Haynar said this was already fixed.

Well it's not. Sitting, ducking, even looting ends song effect, but does not remove buff.

The weird part is that every bard I've spoken to in-game doesn't seem to mind. If I had spent 6 months grinding a toon, I'd be very put off by such a game-breaker. I understand it's free and all, but it's also supposed to be an emulator of classic Live, and on classic Live they would have patched a fix within 24 hours of duplication of the bug.

mitic
04-29-2010, 06:28 AM
it IS fixed, just needs to get live + it worked before the last patch

sometimes you break something working when u fixed something broken. shit happens, chill and wait.

Deathrydar
04-29-2010, 07:13 AM
Well it's not. Sitting, ducking, even looting ends song effect, but does not remove buff.

The weird part is that every bard I've spoken to in-game doesn't seem to mind. If I had spent 6 months grinding a toon, I'd be very put off by such a game-breaker. I understand it's free and all, but it's also supposed to be an emulator of classic Live, and on classic Live they would have patched a fix within 24 hours of duplication of the bug.

Don't get me wrong, it sucks, but the reason we don't mind, because in comparison as to what is wrong with us now and what was wrong with us six months ago, we are way better off. Also, Haynar listens to us and responds so we know he is listening, that makes dealing with the bugs not so bad because we know that it will get fixed.!

starguitar33
04-29-2010, 05:37 PM
bard songs also stop after looting a mob