PDA

View Full Version : Forum Changes on Live

stormlord
02-29-2012, 01:25 PM
Why? I have to wonder why the developers on live feel so passionate about changing things just to change them. It's like they're home sick or having cabin fever. Or the offices were emptied again.

They remind me of a woman that can't stop cleaning her house. Just does it all hours of the day. She feels like she has to. It has to be spotless, or whatever her minds thinks is spotless. Maybe she did something wrong in the past and feels shamed. Or maybe she feels inadequate somehow. Maybe her life is so decayed that this is all she has for stimulation. She does it to keep going. It's all she has now.

*shakes head*

They want to remove the class sections. They wnat to combine sections. They want to get rid of the past by deleting old archives after a while. And so on. I don't know what they're doing. Maybe they want to reduce the amount that google queries their servers. Or maybe they cannot afford the few extra bucks that's required to store the archives. Not sure. But it all gives me a bad feeling. Eq never game me a good feeling. It was always changing. It always seemed to change itself in ways that were conflicted. It was like a man that added an arm to his back and cut off his right hand. It was always bitter and torn and resigned.

I think that Eq should have just been shutdown. It's too old anyway.

Besides it probably would have pushed some Eq players to go on to Eq2. And worst case, they'd leave for a few years and come back to Eq Next or something. Point is, games inevitably change with time. The changes are conflicted. They're not fun. A game is at its best in its first few years. After that it's botox injections.

Look at WoW. It's losing people when you compare to its trending in 2004-2007. And a lot of people have pointed out how WoW itself has also changed in the past 8 years.

Mark my words, there're and will be lots of ill-feeling WoW players. WoW needs to be put to rest soon too and replaced by a successor. Feeding it botox just creates more bitterness in the longterm.

No matter how hard you work to keep an old game alive, you're asking new players to play a mediocre game and you're asking long-time players to play a conflicted game. No mater what, you're compromised and unless you make a new game, you'll be like a cripple that's fumbling around with his cane.