PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spawn Issue: Corrupted Seafury Cyclops

dali_lb
02-29-2012, 11:08 AM
This epic mob spawn in OOT is bugged and spawning all over the cyclops island. Currently there is propably like 20 off them around the island. It is also a static spawn, wich it shouldn't be.

Theoretically there isn't supposed to be more than 1 up at a time.
On live there were the occasional time where 2 were up at once.

Both tainted and corrupted wich is triggered by killing tainted should have a similar pathing like the rest of the cyclopses on island, be a one up at a time each and if possible be able to move them to another island and they should roam that island instead. That's how the mechanics worked on live servers.

nilbog
03-02-2012, 12:55 PM

So what would you say could be the max number of simultaneous spawns?

dali_lb
03-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Maybe 2 or 3. I'm not sure how the mechanics worked on live, but I remember that i have seen 2 or maybe 3 up at once.
Not sure wether the tainted/corrupted is a seperate spawn or part of the regular cyclops spawns, but right now they seem to be spawning randomly in any cyclops spot making less regular exp. mobs, and with 10+ up at once it makes it more harzadous to kill on the island plus the people that can kill tainted, drop the corrupteds all over zone in water where they agro people that are not aware.

alsa
03-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Been killing seafury cyclops for a while myself. Corrupted spawns on the spot where a tainted dies. When that happens, a corrupted will stand at that spot and was removed from the spawn cycle(game consider that tainted placeholder died respawn timer starts).

After the last patch, there can be only one tainted up at a time. But if people keeps killing tainted, it will spawn more and more corrupted and that's why after a while you see 20 or more corrupted.

It's been a long time so I cannot remember correctly. But the corrupted either despawn after a period of time or it keeps the spawn of the tainted killed. So on live you might not see as many corrupted up upon one time.

dali_lb
03-04-2012, 04:59 AM
Corrupted Don't despawn, but on live he roams from where he spawned.
On live however it was possible to agro him, and run to eg. Garg Isle or AC isle, root him or mem blurr him or camp out, and he would roam on that isle instead. Not sure that is possible on emu. There most likely were a max of 2 or 3 at once on live, cause I have never seen any of the Corrupted mobs having more than 2 or 3 up at once.

Like I see it, either a max of 2 or 3 and/or an apropriate despawn timer would solve the problem, so that either 1 or 2 were up for epic questers and the danger of unaware running into one is limited but not removed.

Sylexis
03-23-2012, 10:59 AM
They hurt, trying to kite specs this weekend had me dodging 4 dropped corrupted on that island and in the water nearby, I was dead inside half an hour, it was nearly impossible to avoid them.

Ellia
04-05-2012, 08:44 PM
bump

maybe....

if npc_corrupted_seafury_cyclops = 1 then DONT SPAWN ANOTHER?

Swindle
04-06-2012, 07:27 PM
I just did a census. 20 Corrupted up atm, that I can see.

Slave
04-07-2012, 12:34 AM
Would be pretty great to get some assistance on this one especially because it is really messing with the economy.

nilbog
04-29-2012, 02:08 PM
Both tainted and corrupted wich is triggered by killing tainted should have a similar pathing like the rest of the cyclopses on island, be a one up at a time each and if possible be able to move them to another island and they should roam that island instead. That's how the mechanics worked on live servers.

Are you positive the giants should obtain different grids based on locale? It's possible to implement but I have never seen it done elsewhere.

Looking at the npc magelo for this, I see them isolated to a single island.
http://eq.magelo.com/npc/414948

My proposal is limit the corrupted spawns to 2, and when spawned, they path on the island as indicated.

Thoughts/suggestions/more research?

Xanthias
04-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Maybe people should just kill them when they spawn instead of letting them stand?

uygi
04-30-2012, 02:21 PM
The biggest problem is that people almosty exclusively solo, and you can pop a corrupted (read: kill a tainted) solo but you can't kite a corrupted because they summon.

Haven't been there in a while, was there a change with the last patch?

mwatt
04-30-2012, 08:08 PM
Are you positive the giants should obtain different grids based on locale? It's possible to implement but I have never seen it done elsewhere.

Looking at the npc magelo for this, I see them isolated to a single island.
http://eq.magelo.com/npc/414948

My proposal is limit the corrupted spawns to 2, and when spawned, they path on the island as indicated.

Thoughts/suggestions/more research?

Thoughts only, no research to back them (heh, isn't it always the way?). Your proposal would be more classic than what we have now and doesn't sound very hard to implement. I propose that you do so, as long as you are open to further change should someone come across clear historical fact to the contrary.

nilbog
05-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Pending update,

-There can be a maximum of 2 corrupted up at once.
-when spawned, corrupted will use a random grid for the island

Daldaen
06-06-2012, 02:04 AM
This epic mob spawn in OOT is bugged and spawning all over the cyclops island. Currently there is propably like 20 off them around the island. It is also a static spawn, wich it shouldn't be.

VS.
http://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-10848.html

02-22-2005, 09:18 AM
.......and low and behold the Corrupted was running amuck on the island. ............

Not suprised. The corrupted has this nasty reputation for being spawned by people and being let loose on the surrounding area. I've seen 3-4 of him up at once. What we used to do was to train/snare/root him over to the Ancient Cyclops island and leave them there. Their pathing would not take them over to the AC spawn, so it was all good, though some AC hunters still didnt appreciate it. :)

Yes its 2005 data but the zone revamp happened after this and this isn't something that really would've been touched i don't think.

nilbog
06-08-2012, 01:19 PM
Increased to 4 possible corrupted cyclopes.