PDA

View Full Version : Halloween

Within99
02-28-2012, 03:54 PM
I remember way back during Classic or Kunark, possibly Velious. Sony did a event where a ton of crazy Halloween creatures spawned, Such as Skellies, Jack o' lanterns, ghouls. These mobs were somewhat easy to solo on any class, and would drop class specific weapons and a few armor pieces.

I hope you implement this somehow-

I know it would probably be a lot of work, but I'm just remembering the nostalgia of that Halloween weekend, it was the best thing ever.

If you remember this awesomeness share it with us-

No Troll-mo

Danyelle
02-28-2012, 04:14 PM
The only one i can remember off hand was an event in South Karana where they turned the sky red, filled it with spectres, skeletons, zombies and undead gnolls in their 30s with a few evil eyes and other mobs in the higher levels that dropped random gear. There were also a few GMs around roleplaying as dracula or some shit. Been years though.

It was fun though.

Within99
02-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Yes exactly, Karanas, forgot to mention that. Yes very fun.

ooantipostoo
02-28-2012, 04:30 PM
ummm plane of hate in Rathe mountains hands down was the best Halloween event in EQ history.

Fellowed by the frog invasion when the war of Guktans and Ogre's was happening.

Danyelle
02-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Fellowed by the frog invasion when the war of Guktans and Ogre's was happening.

Good I loved that:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/gallery/war.html

Esidebob
02-28-2012, 07:58 PM
the GMs did a great event when kunark opened. Hopefully they have time for another one someday:P

Scavrefamn
02-28-2012, 08:21 PM
Qeynos Hills was crazy during the halloween events.

pasi
02-29-2012, 12:12 AM
The Rathe Mountains and East Karana Halloween event was 2001 (Velious). Welfare event for bards, monks, and warriors imo.

Within99
02-29-2012, 01:34 AM
The Rathe Mountains and East Karana Halloween event was 2001 (Velious). Welfare event for bards, monks, and warriors imo.

Drinking dat Haterade!

Sebekkha
02-29-2012, 08:26 AM
I always remember one in West Commonlands too with warewolves littered everywhere, not sure which year this was!

Tanx
02-29-2012, 08:42 AM
2 Halloweens ago they had a Werewolf event in EC, class specific items and Lustrous Russet dropped. Guises were lotto'd off in WC after.

On P99 I mean.

SirAlvarex
02-29-2012, 01:26 PM
As Uthgaards last Hurrah (or atleast...these events came close to him leaving) he held lowbie GM events in Qeynos Hills and Tim Deep.

In QH it was a sub-20 only event where undead dropped a bunch of fairly nice class-specific equipment. I was on my warrior at the time and got a 2-hander with a Winter's Roar proc, and a nice nechpiece with +15 saves on it.

The one in Tim Deep was a fishing event, where those that caught X number of rare fish first got special disguise items.

Since those I haven't noticed a GM event though...they were always fun and a nice getaway from grinding.