PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having problems with unanswered petitions?

bounky47
02-28-2012, 12:30 PM
For the past 2 days I've had someone train on me and then another person the next day trained me twice and killed my friend. Both days I sent a petition in and didnt recieve a response for the whole day of both days.

Now I don't expect to be waited on, but if these petitions aren't getting answered and dealt with, ill always lose my camp unless I train back. All I want to know is am I going to have to play their filthy game or are petitions really backed up?

triad
02-28-2012, 01:46 PM
whats their names well train the hell out of them ..... its easier if u do it when they are on .... trains are kinda a they have to see it and have proof they ment to do it

Flunklesnarkin
02-28-2012, 01:50 PM
For the past 2 days I've had someone train on me and then another person the next day trained me twice and killed my friend. Both days I sent a petition in and didnt recieve a response for the whole day of both days.

Now I don't expect to be waited on, but if these petitions aren't getting answered and dealt with, ill always lose my camp unless I train back. All I want to know is am I going to have to play their filthy game or are petitions really backed up?

Level up a monk and get internet justice ;p

eqravenprince
02-28-2012, 02:08 PM
Was it just an accident? Or do you have proof it was on purpose?

bounky47
02-28-2012, 02:09 PM
I don't remember both their names, and ill turn to name shaming if it turns out that nothing can be done without a fraps video of hollywood quality. I wouldn't even mind it if it wasn't a ~2 hour run for my friend to get back and not to mention the hour of Exp loss. I had decent proof but it was all text based.

bounky47
02-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Was it just an accident? Or do you have proof it was on purpose?

Trust me, I wouldn't even petitions 30 crushbone trains in a row cause I know how often problems happen on pulls. It was deliberate and if you looked at my tells you would be sure.

Hitchens
02-28-2012, 02:25 PM
I've petitioned due to trains and didn't get a response, but they eventually stopped. So either something was done or the person training got bored. Maybe GMs are waiting to witness it first hand.

eqravenprince
02-28-2012, 02:27 PM
Trust me, I wouldn't even petitions 30 crushbone trains in a row cause I know how often problems happen on pulls. It was deliberate and if you looked at my tells you would be sure.

What's the name of the character doing the training?

edit: nevermind, I see up above you mentioned you don't know the names.

bounky47
02-28-2012, 02:33 PM
I'd be fine with no response as long as it was because they wont tell me what they did, but I remember them responding

Hitchens
02-28-2012, 02:39 PM
Not being told of disciplinary actions is pretty standard for online games. Give it a little time, but I understand that getting trained is the pits.

eqravenprince
02-28-2012, 02:42 PM
I want to belive you, I really do. However, you don't know the character's name who trained you. You have cited no /tells. It doesn't have to be verbatim, but something close of your "proof". Only thing I can say is I am sorry if there are truly asshats on this server purposely training.

bounky47
02-28-2012, 02:59 PM
I want to belive you, I really do. However, you don't know the character's name who trained you. You have cited no /tells. It doesn't have to be verbatim, but something close of your "proof". Only thing I can say is I am sorry if there are truly asshats on this server purposely training.

I'm not posting so that you or anyone else will believe me. Also I remember the guys name from yesterday but I refuse to even post it. Lastly, i'm not letting anyone see the tells but I do have them.

The name of the thread is "Anyone else having problems with unanswered petitions?". I gave my petitions stories as two trains that were unanswered. I'm fine with answering questions about my petition but the whole thread isn't about whether or not my petition is a fake.

Elements
02-28-2012, 06:20 PM
I petitioned once in the last couple days for people training. They continued to do it for a while and I can only assume that a GM came into the zone in "GM mode", invis and what not and watched it because after a few more times the trainer was offline. Maybe they just got bored and logged, or maybe they took me seriously when I informed them I had fraps running.

IMO feign death classes should get ONE warning period. Sure you can flop over to save your skin at any moment, but with great power comes great responsibility. If saving your own skin means killing others, purposefully or not you have committed an offence. Sorry but the driver who spills his coffee on his lap and kills a pedestrian because of it still goes to jail - intent or not.

mwatt
02-28-2012, 06:42 PM
My advice to you is to do anything except reply in kind. In scenarios like this, you might consider telling your guild about it to get this guys name spread around - and you can tell him so too. Ultimately, reputation does affect players. If you are not a member of this guild than you can tell friends or groupmates. You could also consider posting a more expllicit version, including with names, of what went on.

My own take on scenarios like this is I tell the person what I think and then I simply log onto an alt and do something else that I am interested in doing. They won't be there forever. I usually tell people that I know about it as well.

Ikonoclastia
02-28-2012, 06:45 PM
Actually most crimes have an intent (mens rea) and action (actus rea) component and both need to be proven (in most western countries) for someone to be liable for punishment.

Not being a smart ass with that comment, I have accidentally trained people running to zone line and I don't think I should get in trouble for it just because I did it. I think at the end of the day, if you see a sk, monk, necro killing crap nearby you should be expecting they might FD at some time and if its that big of a deal you should move elsewhere.

just my opinion.

As to petition, been waiting a week but since GM's are doing this for free I really don't mind.

Ambrotos
02-28-2012, 06:54 PM
Most times it's just myself doing petitions while Amelinda is dealing with other stuff. All the good petitions pop up after I log off for the night or had to go to class. I like to show up hidden and watch then lay the hammer down if need be.

I typically do roughly 50-70 petitions a day. 20ish of them are " omg my pet ate my quest items" or " I need ip exemptions for my 7 accounts" so I can chop those off right away. All the rest are a hit or miss if I'm online when the person needs help.

All in all I try and get the petitions done when I'm online, I just can't happen to be online everyday all day.

My best advice about petitions is just be patient or work it out yourself. It won't always work that way and you'll be pissed at that douchebag, but not much else can be done. Leave 1 petition in with as much detail as you can. Sending in another petition just cuts off the first petition so we end up with only half the information.

I do keep a list of "Trainers" "KSers" "Dirt Bags" and 2boxers. I do keep a list of the stuff put in petitions in case I see the issue happen again with someone else. It's nice to have the history of people when dealing with them.

ooantipostoo
02-28-2012, 06:57 PM
Please be wait patiently for a response of a GM. With the current situation and influx lately in Stress, Coding, Customer service. Keep in mind that this is only a small team of individuals donating their time to help you and others enjoy a near classic experience. Please just give it some time, I know you personally might feel your petition might be first priority but in reality we/you have no general idea of whats going behind the scene and what they have on their plates. Given the history I've seen from the small force of Dev's they reply in a reasonable time and other case's might take longer to look into. So please just hang in there and help will be along soon

Safe Travels,

Crackzilla

oddibemcd
02-28-2012, 07:03 PM
Actually most crimes have an intent (mens rea) and action (actus rea) component and both need to be proven (in most western countries) for someone to be liable for punishment.

Not being a smart ass with that comment, I have accidentally trained people running to zone line and I don't think I should get in trouble for it just because I did it. I think at the end of the day, if you see a sk, monk, necro killing crap nearby you should be expecting they might FD at some time and if its that big of a deal you should move elsewhere.

just my opinion.

As to petition, been waiting a week but since GM's are doing this for free I really don't mind.

Meh. Even though your character "dies," no physical harm happens, so you aren't talking about a crime here, training would most likely be considered a tortuous offense. You are suffering harm in lost time/XP or whatever, but that can theoretically be made well with financial restitution.

So, under negligence, does the FD class have a duty of care to others or are they allowed to flop their mobs around w/o disregard? The restatement doesn't say anything about Everquest.

ETA: My whole point was that mens rea and actus rea aren't going to apply outside of the criminal scope and I don't think people are getting locked up fo EQ training yet.

Ikonoclastia
02-28-2012, 07:30 PM
Meh. Even though your character "dies," no physical harm happens, so you aren't talking about a crime here, training would most likely be considered a tortuous offense. You are suffering harm in lost time/XP or whatever, but that can theoretically be made well with financial restitution.

So, under negligence, does the FD class have a duty of care to others or are they allowed to flop their mobs around w/o disregard? The restatement doesn't say anything about Everquest.

ETA: My whole point was that mens rea and actus rea aren't going to apply outside of the criminal scope and I don't think people are getting locked up fo EQ training yet.
Yeah, I was replying to the "if you spill your coffee while driving and kill someone you still go to jail" comment a couple of posts above.

I think intent should still apply to 'eq crimes' like training. Shit happens.

bounky47
02-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Most everyone responding seems to think i'm attacking the people who answer petitions. The intelligent people would realize that i'm asking out of concern. Yes, they do this out of their free time but that doesn't mean I should never be able to have a concern about petitions.

I didn't recieve a response to two different training situations where I got screwed over and the trainer got a camp and such to himself. If you train and get what you want with no punishment, i'd like to punish you with a training war.