PDA

View Full Version : 180 [MUST SEE]

Holey
02-28-2012, 04:48 AM
http://www.180movie.com/

What are your opinions after watching this?

Rachner
02-28-2012, 05:45 AM
Withdrawing my comments. Debating on the internet is pointless and is not something that I'm willing to spend any more time with.

BrandeX
02-28-2012, 08:41 AM
It looks like all the people interviewed in the intro were mostly either minorities, immigrants, stoners, or valley girl types. I would be surprised if any of them could say "yes" to any random "Do you know about _______" question.

dredge
02-28-2012, 01:00 PM

Zugbug
02-28-2012, 01:12 PM
it’s sad, but you can’t force everyone to remember things that don’t interest them.

AenarieFenninRo
02-28-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm going to use some abbreviations here, to give others the chance to watch this without having my influence over their opinions before seeing it, afterward, they will understand my phrasings.

My opinion didn't change.
First, I know who A.H. was, and what he did, and it was terrible.

Second, killing him for what he had already done is one thing, killing his mother for something he MAY do in the future is another, if you could go back in time to make the choice, you could also go back in time to change the way he perceives things, and until time travel is possible, its a dumb question.

Third, it is human nature to strive for self preservation so if the choices were between myself and someone else, it means that I choose me, given that someone was ACTUALLY in that situation, it takes going against your own nature of self preservation to make a different choice. I'm not saying it cant be done, but asking someone a hypothetical that is against their own nature which is a reality is again, dumb.

Fourth, likening the two choices is a gross miscalculation, as there is a difference between inside and outside. Those that have already been experiencing life outside for 50 years, and those that have not yet done so... trying to use this as the basis for the argument is a fallacy.

Fifth, the word Fe... was never used, it was always ba.., asking someone if they would be willing to kill a ba.. is always going to result in a no answer, asking them to kill a fe... may not be (terminology is everything, and the interviewer used it effectively to skew the answers to his personal point of view). I give him credit for making sure that the fe... was never used in the presentation, but thats the job of the editing room to ensure that the result is what you want it to be.

For anyone who so desires to change their mind about the subject, that is their right, choice, and opinion... and I wont try to persuade them off that right... i just ask them to consider for a moment specific terminology, and influencing characteristics that were used. I could make the same docudrama (and yes, this is not a documentary, because documentaries only present facts, not opinion... even Michael Moore films are docudramas) and get the end result completely reversed about ab...... at least (perhaps not the AH bit) which was the main goal of the presentation. I can almost guarantee that the word fe... was used by people being interviewed, and yet we never see it being used, again this points to docudrama, rather than documentary.

Perception is reality to the person viewing it, and if you only present the information from your side of the argument of course its going to be an end result in what you wanted people to believe. You notice that there was not a single person on that video who didn't end up believing the same as the person doing the interview. If you interviewed 100 people, you cant tell me that a single one of them didn't stay with the stance in the opposite direction, and yet... we never see that.

Knuckle
02-28-2012, 03:38 PM
This Video Changes Everything

Within99
02-28-2012, 03:39 PM
I'm going to use some abbreviations here, to give others the chance to watch this without having my influence over their opinions before seeing it, afterward, they will understand my phrasings.

My opinion didn't change.
First, I know who A.H. was, and what he did, and it was terrible.

Second, killing him for what he had already done is one thing, killing his mother for something he MAY do in the future is another, if you could go back in time to make the choice, you could also go back in time to change the way he perceives things, and until time travel is possible, its a dumb question.

Third, it is human nature to strive for self preservation so if the choices were between myself and someone else, it means that I choose me, given that someone was ACTUALLY in that situation, it takes going against your own nature of self preservation to make a different choice. I'm not saying it cant be done, but asking someone a hypothetical that is against their own nature which is a reality is again, dumb.

Fourth, likening the two choices is a gross miscalculation, as there is a difference between inside and outside. Those that have already been experiencing life outside for 50 years, and those that have not yet done so... trying to use this as the basis for the argument is a fallacy.

Fifth, the word Fe... was never used, it was always ba.., asking someone if they would be willing to kill a ba.. is always going to result in a no answer, asking them to kill a fe... may not be (terminology is everything, and the interviewer used it effectively to skew the answers to his personal point of view). I give him credit for making sure that the fe... was never used in the presentation, but thats the job of the editing room to ensure that the result is what you want it to be.

For anyone who so desires to change their mind about the subject, that is their right, choice, and opinion... and I wont try to persuade them off that right... i just ask them to consider for a moment specific terminology, and influencing characteristics that were used. I could make the same docudrama (and yes, this is not a documentary, because documentaries only present facts, not opinion... even Michael Moore films are docudramas) and get the end result completely reversed about ab...... at least (perhaps not the AH bit) which was the main goal of the presentation. I can almost guarantee that the word fe... was used by people being interviewed, and yet we never see it being used, again this points to docudrama, rather than documentary.

Perception is reality to the person viewing it, and if you only present the information from your side of the argument of course its going to be an end result in what you wanted people to believe. You notice that there was not a single person on that video who didn't end up believing the same as the person doing the interview. If you interviewed 100 people, you cant tell me that a single one of them didn't stay with the stance in the opposite direction, and yet... we never see that.

Who the Fk writes that much on a forum?

Rachner
02-28-2012, 04:12 PM
This Video Changes Everything

I laughed out loud. I can appreciate your humor, Knuckle!

moklianne
02-28-2012, 10:40 PM

Yep, a documentary it is not, unless you consider political ads and the like documentaries.

moklianne
02-28-2012, 10:58 PM
the domain is registered by www.livingwaters.com

I guess they felt they needed a non-christian site to try to appeal to more people with this short work since most will see 'evangelical' and not even bother watching it.

Stuff like this angers me though. Like a man (the interviewer) has any say on the matter. Its a personal decision between couples. Some will consider it, some won't ever.

Truth
02-28-2012, 11:00 PM
Withdrawing my comments. Debating on the internet is pointless and is not something that I'm willing to spend any more time with.

purest
02-28-2012, 11:49 PM
stopped watching 0:50 in when he called the jewish holocaust the greatest tragedy of the human race lol

wasnt even close to the biggest massacre of that century let alone the history of mankind