PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft pvp and build server

oldfish
02-27-2012, 12:03 PM
I thought this warranted its own thread

http://www.thedarktide.net

This is the server i play on, its pretty cool. Minecraft pvp will always be minecraft pvp, but its the best ive found and ive looked quite a bit. You can donate money for portals (a currency to buy perks) but not the only way to gain stuff like on other servers. Theres an actual economy. You can always gather coins (another currency) and buy portals from donating players without donating yourself.

You can form or join clans where you can get subregions for your house and shit like that. They are always adding new stuff and are careful about balance.

They are working on a siege system right now and an eve online style wormholes system where you find warps to mining worlds and pvp in.

Check out the guide section:

http://www.thedarktide.net/resources/user-guides/

You can buy these Perks ATM:

Yard Sale

Yard Sale is an exclusive, DarkTide-only plugin made by our resident Bukkit ninja and coder, SquallSeedD31.
Locksmith

Locksmith (or LWC) is a plugin that allows you to lock blocks only you can use. Locksmith can be used to secure chests, doors, furnaces, and Craftbook signs. Locksmith can only be used in regioned areas – you cannot place chests out in the middle of the wilderness. Do NOT use Locksmith as a weapon [...]
WorldForger’s Wrath

You can now rent an admin to SMITE THE BLOCKS AWAY. for 1 portal per 1000 (rounding up) blocks we will reduce the blocks to nothing. Example: Don’t feel like digging out your LO? 35x35x20 (y60to y40) is 24,500 blocks, divided by 1000 is 25 . For 25 portals we will vaporize your land owner [...]
Land Owner

The Land Owner perk can be purchased at the Mage’s Tower in Darktide Citadel for 100 portals. It provides a 35×35 area (everything above y=40) that only you and those you designate can build in, as well as allowing for the placement of LWCs and a bed inside the region. How do I purchase this? [...]
Subregions

Subregions are a feature of DTRegionManager that allow an owner of a plot to create smaller, child regions to grant certain people build rights to specific sections of the plot. Subregions can only be created in already regioned areas – you cannot just place them anywhere. General Information Subregions are included by default in clan [...]
CookYard

CookYard is a perk that enables a warp to the Core of the planet, below DarkTide It costs 10p, and can be purchased on the fourth floor of the Mage Tower: Once you buy the perk, return to the first floor of the mage tower. A warp can be found behind the Bridge [...]
scrapyard-background
Scrapyard

Scrapyard allows you to scrap certain items in exchange for the respective resources used to create them. Utilizing a formula, you are given the opportunity to receive ingots and other materials based upon your scrapped item’s durability, so your severely damaged armor and tools now serve a purpose.
gate-background
Craftbook Gates

The Gate perk allows you to construct Craftbook Gates, a toggle-able gate tied to a sign. With regions and LWC on the sign, this can be a useful way to protect areas of a settlement.
bridge-background
Craftbook Bridges

Bridges are a 3 wide flat section of the world that you can toggle. They are usually made of wood, cobblestone, or glass, although that may change as more features are added to Craftbook. The perk can be purchased for 5 portals in the Mage’s Tower.

----------

I play both EQ and Darktide at the same time when not pvping, i think they make a good combination to make the grind more bearable when you are soloing

oldfish
03-06-2012, 08:45 PM
Bump

If you like minecraft, like to build but also like to fight other players, this is a good server