PDA

View Full Version : Duxa Issue - Won't Load Servers

briare
02-26-2012, 12:15 PM
Launch Duxa and the below message repeats indefinitely, servers never load.

EQEmuLauncher - V1.24 http://moestaverne.com
An unofficial EQEmulator Launcher
Loading config...
Checking for updates
Loading serverlist ...
Error while retrieving newest version.
Could not reach webserver. Trying again in 10 seconds.
Loading serverlist ...
Loading serverlist ...
Loading serverlist ...

Also, the banner that normally reads something like "new version coming soon, I prioritize moestavern.com..." is not there and that window instead reads "navigation to this webpage was cancelled" ...as if it is a page load error on a browser.

Anyone know what is wrong here?

Thanks!

Pscottdai
02-26-2012, 12:26 PM
Having the same issue

Faywind
02-26-2012, 12:51 PM
having the same issue here

briare
02-26-2012, 07:45 PM
working now. got this + a server list:

EQEmuLauncher - V1.24 http://moestaverne.com
An unofficial EQEmulator Launcher
Loading config...
Checking for updates
Loading serverlist ...
68 servers found.
Version 1.24 is up to date!

Chrushev
03-01-2012, 03:59 PM
EqEmu server host issues.

fennixad
03-23-2013, 07:53 AM
its not working for me, the same issue. I created shortcut of EQGAME.EXE, i run it as administrator or normal, and it says: Please run EverQuest.exe
And when i run Everquest.exe it says: Connection Failure. Could not establish a connection. Please check your network connection or contact eqtech@soe.sony.com

WTF? how is it possible? i started to play yesterday and it worked really fine for me... i didnt touch anything... Thanks

fennixad
03-23-2013, 09:41 AM
well, its fixed, thank you!

Bordar
03-23-2013, 09:43 AM
well, still can't log in - how do you get around using the launcher?

Bordar
03-23-2013, 10:01 AM
When i use the eqgame.exe shortcut I get "please run EverQuest.exe" any solutions?

Lyra
03-23-2013, 10:43 AM
I swear sometimes the EQEmuLauncher is more trouble than its worth. And I can't believe all the information regarding setting up P99 without the Launcher has been removed...

Here goes:
1) Default install of EQ: Titanium (other clients will NOT work). Copy/pasting the EQ folder from another install works just fine here. (For consistency, I'm going to assume you installed EQ to C:\Everquest so that the eqgame.exe path is C:\Everquest\eqgame.exe.)
2) Right-click on the eqgame.exe icon within your everquest folder, select Create Shortcut.
3) Right-click on the Shortcut to eqgame.exe you created in step (2). Select Properties.
4) In the Properties menu that appears, edit the target line to say "C:\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme. The quotes are only needed around the destination string if it contains spaces. Select Apply and then OK to close the properties box.
5) Open the C:\Everquest\eqhost.txt file in the text editor of your choice.
6) Delete whatever is in the eqhost.txt file and replace it with the following two lines:
[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998
7) Save and close the eqhost.txt file.
8) Download the latest eqchangesvXX.zip file from the patch notes. As of this post, we are on v27, found here (http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv27.zip).
9) Extract the eqchangesvXX.zip file into the C:\Everquest directory, overwriting any files it asks for.
10) Within the C:\Everquest directory, delete the following files to allow these updated zones to function properly on P99:
arena.eqg
arena_EnvironmentEmitters.txt
lavastorm.eqg
nektulos.eqg
Nektulos_EnvironmentEmitters.txt
11) Log into the server with the account you created at EQEmulator.org (http://www.eqemulator.org/).
12) Select Project1999: The Ruins of Kunark from the server list.
13) Enjoy playing on P99.

TheBeardSmith
03-24-2013, 11:43 PM
Hey having the same issues, I followed the previous posts step by step instructions, though still not seeing a server list :( any suggestions?

-I can simply run eqgame.exe and login to the server, though it never launches stating that an error was encountered and bootin me to desktop.

Lyra
03-25-2013, 01:58 PM
Hey having the same issues, I followed the previous posts step by step instructions, though still not seeing a server list :( any suggestions?

-I can simply run eqgame.exe and login to the server, though it never launches stating that an error was encountered and bootin me to desktop.

Private message me if you would like to join our vent this evening. I have several IT guys in my guild that have been very helpful to others. I'm sure they can help you trouble shoot if you are willing to take this step.

Uaellaen
03-25-2013, 09:26 PM
read the eqemulauncher faq, helps ;)

just rightclick the launcher and select launch EQ

Lyra
03-26-2013, 09:14 AM
His problem was actually related to screen resolution. He has reported it working now.

Scior
04-23-2013, 02:17 PM
Thanks lyra, I have not been able to get the emu thing to work, but was able to download the version from the link you provided and can now play!

falkun
04-23-2013, 02:24 PM
Thanks lyra, I have not been able to get the emu thing to work, but was able to download the version from the link you provided and can now play!

For future reference, the link provided (www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv27.zip) will stop functioning once a new patch has been applied. However, the site admin(s) (Rogean?) have been really good about keeping consistent naming convention and he/they also remove the old link so you cannot download the incorrect patch. Simply update the "27" with whatever number is currently correct and you'll be fine. Guessing at the number will also work as any number that is not the most current should provide a dead link.

Thanks Rogean (or whomever nameless soul updates the website) for providing the patch link and only allowing the updated version!

Lyra
04-23-2013, 08:20 PM

You're most welcome! So glad I could help.

/em snickers at Falkun

falkun
04-24-2013, 02:28 PM
/em snickers at Falkun
Totally stealing credit.

gotrocks
04-29-2013, 08:09 AM
The most recent EQ changes will always be listed in the tech discussion FAQ as well, just in case someone checks it before posting :)

falkun
04-29-2013, 09:51 AM
The most recent EQ changes will always be listed in the tech discussion FAQ as well, just in case someone checks it before posting :)

I didn't know this. Thanks for pointing it out! (And a small push for putting the eqchanges_vXX.zip file instructions back into the "Getting Started" guide!).

gotrocks
04-29-2013, 10:54 AM
I didn't know this. Thanks for pointing it out! (And a small push for putting the eqchanges_vXX.zip file instructions back into the "Getting Started" guide!).

i try to stick as much relevant info into that post as humanly possible, i know people dont always read it, but i want to give them a reason to do so in case they do :)