PDA

View Full Version : How to ruin a server.

lethdar
02-24-2012, 08:11 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/kckl7d.png

If you read through this it become pretty apparent why this server is now as good as dead.

As per this brand new rule made up on the spot by the GMs, unless you're in a zerg guild able to get at least 3 groups of people you're unable to respond back with the same tactics that have been used against you (CT DT cycle).

This rule pretty much says this;

"If you're in nihilum, log in 20-40% of the server to meet the requirements to be considered a 'raid force' and trigger CT cycle to clear out fear, if you're not in nihilum, tough shit because you can't annoy us with as many petitions."

Pretty cool move.

fiegi
02-24-2012, 08:13 PM
lol @ any guild having 18 players online at one time other then nihilum

gm's are so bad

Estrang
02-24-2012, 08:19 PM
looks like you guys are the ones getting griefed

Gongshow
02-24-2012, 08:20 PM
Burn it down.

Vile
02-24-2012, 08:23 PM
http://ronkirklandart.com/images2/Gray-Box.jpg

IronLikeALionInZion
02-24-2012, 08:30 PM
i just hit 40, soloing mostly as a paladin.
this is the bull shit i have to look forward too?
should i even bother grinding the next 10 levels?

mass zerglings who are known exploiters and RMT'ers who have ruined the server? billy spoke of it and quit, i spoke of it and quit, as did jieken?

are we bitter? are we liars?

Server stability?
who cares how many of them they are. they need to be banned. not catered to.
so many people dont want to play because of Nihilum and what they do.

i still cant for the life of me understand why in the hell nihilum is allowed to do what they are doing to the server.

i remember when billy told me in tell. We just downed naggy with 13 people. i said dosent sound legit to me, he says hahaha yeah it wasnt but oh well.

Why is their such favoritism?

BURN IT DOWN!

Lazortag
02-24-2012, 08:30 PM
Lethdar I thought you were intelligent but this just confirms you to be a colossal idiot. Amelinda CLEARLY says that you don't get to just plant a raid force there and trigger it a ton. The intent of the rule is that you don't get to fuck over an entire raid force with one person. You guys actually asked a member of your guild (who I won't name publicly) to give up his inactive account so you could use it just for this purpose. By repeatedly triggering the DT cycles you are making the zone unusable for anyone inside. Nihilum isn't going to be able to use this strategy asymmetrically against you because your fucking retarded guild doesn't actually plan on using the zone, you just want to use this mechanic as a form of griefing because you have nothing better to do in your miserable lives. That you take this very reasonable rule change and hyperbolize about it, actually going so far as to say that this one thing single handedly ruins the server, makes you a gigantic whiny baby who should seek help. No one is sorry that your fun got ruined, because your fun consists of nothing but griefing.

IronLikeALionInZion
02-24-2012, 08:32 PM
wolfram you really are a fucking douche bag dude.

why not join nihilum?

IronLikeALionInZion
02-24-2012, 08:34 PM
both servers are so corrupt now its not even worth it.

BURN IT DOWNNNNNN

Harrison
02-24-2012, 08:36 PM
Delete and ban all of Holocaust and Nihilum.

Problems solved. Server legitimate again.

lethdar
02-24-2012, 08:40 PM
The intent of the rule =/= use of the rule.

This rule means only one guild on the server can ever trigger a DT cycle against another guild. Your claim of us not using the zone is false, as we've been farming it every day, thus your point of it not being asymmetrically used is wrong. Most nights we've been in fear have involved 12-18 nihilum sitting outside in feerrott trying to prevent (and failing) additions from joining our force clearing mobs until they get the 30 or so online required to zerg us out. Rules made up on the fly without consequences thought through, GM favortism (percieved or actual), and lack of clarity in rules are what have ruined the server. This is just the latest in a long chain.

I forgive you for your stupidity and false assumptions as you aren't actually involved in anything other than spectres in oasis, but please do try to make more sense before you post.

Jontaidoe
02-24-2012, 08:41 PM
QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

lethdar
02-24-2012, 08:41 PM
But the head in the sand approach towards the intent vs actual use of things is cute, I mean, citizens united is purely a force for freedom of speech as the majority opinion thought and not at all bringing about unprecedented levels of corruption in government.

Right?

Harrison
02-24-2012, 08:44 PM
Exploiters complaining about rules they already don't follow regularly LAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWL

fiegi
02-24-2012, 08:44 PM
This message is hidden because Harrison is on your ignore list.

Harrison
02-24-2012, 08:54 PM
This message was hidden because Harrison constantly reminds me that me and my guild cheat at Everquest and are terrible at it

No one takes your cries seriously. Your guild has been caught now not only once, but twice, publicly exploiting mechanics on Red99.

You're not allowed to bitch about anything.

Bkab
02-24-2012, 08:55 PM
harrison confirmed furious over being ignored by half the board

steaks6
02-24-2012, 08:57 PM
wolfram you really are a fucking douche bag dude.

why not join nihilum?

what makes you think they would invite him? bards do nothing and they have several clowns already

fiegi
02-24-2012, 08:57 PM
and hopefully the other half of the forums continues to not quote that fat deli slicer's posts

steaks6
02-24-2012, 08:58 PM
also reading amelindas text posts and broadcasts i basically got this very clear message

Dont be a dick

steaks6
02-24-2012, 09:01 PM
i just hit 40, soloing mostly as a paladin.
this is the bull shit i have to look forward too?

BURN IT DOWN!

the answer is yes

i have a 43 war myself , what do i do ? the server is now nihilum or holo

is holo even recruiting?

obv i dont want to be in nihilum but unless holo would invite me , what purpose do i even have to log in now?

blatantly obvious no one bothered to start another guild they just flocked into either of the two so now im left with one very simple choice

either join holo or quit

holo pals you want me ? 43 war baby ( Big things )

gloinz
02-24-2012, 09:02 PM
very unfortunate the prophency of gm driven bullshit is taken hold, no rules is always the best solution imo

Harrison
02-24-2012, 09:02 PM
You're an exploiter.

You'd fit right in, bro!

steaks6
02-24-2012, 09:14 PM

Harrison
02-24-2012, 09:20 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=551217&postcount=1

Steaks is an exploiter. He thinks joining holocaust is a good choice.

Holocaust caught exploiting Nagafen.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=60418

What?? Kringe had nothing to do with what happened. It was all me pal, I was told of this uber Nihilum strat, and I called the code-red.

Fiegi admitting to exploiting Nagafen.

Holocaust crying about anything therefor = hilarious

fiegi
02-24-2012, 09:21 PM

Lazortag
02-24-2012, 09:23 PM
The intent of the rule =/= use of the rule.

This rule means only one guild on the server can ever trigger a DT cycle against another guild. Your claim of us not using the zone is false, as we've been farming it every day, thus your point of it not being asymmetrically used is wrong. Most nights we've been in fear have involved 12-18 nihilum sitting outside in feerrott trying to prevent (and failing) additions from joining our force clearing mobs until they get the 30 or so online required to zerg us out. Rules made up on the fly without consequences thought through, GM favortism (percieved or actual), and lack of clarity in rules are what have ruined the server. This is just the latest in a long chain.

Okay, two issues. The first is whether the rule is fair. The second is whether the new rule ruins the server. Let's start with the second: the new rule OBVIOUSLY doesn't ruin the server. Rules can be repealed or changed or enforced in sensible ways. Instead of trying to get the rule repealed, you decided to cry on the forums, making it impossible for anyone to take you seriously because you actually titled your thread "how to ruin a server". Secondly, you are in absolutely no position to complain about GM decisions or lack of clarity because your guild is constantly trying to bend the rules. Of course whenever you try to exploit a rule, amendments will have to be made to that rule on the spot. Think of how hard it must be to be a GM who deals with your bullshit on a daily basis. I can only assume that a new rule had to be made quickly to prevent the shit storm that occurs every time your guild is in fear at the same time as another guild, because you're constantly abusing the DT cycle mechanic. The rule is put in place to prevent stupid shit like binding a character in fear/outside feerrott just to grief by activating the DT cycle, and it succeeds in preventing that.

As for whether the rule is fair, if you guys are actually farming fear regularly then the number should probably be reduced from 3 to 2 groups. If you were civil and not an enormous baby, then you probably could have convinced Amelinda to make that change. You were better off leaving it vague but instead you decided to nitpick and bitch at Amelinda for not making the rule clear enough - now you've made it easier for Nihilum to rules lawyer against you. Also, I have a hard time believing that your guild is able to farm fear in peace without abusing this mechanic anyway, making this whole point moot.

Slathar
02-24-2012, 09:23 PM

fat 35 year old deli slicer confirmed furious at being ignored

Titanuk
02-24-2012, 09:25 PM
serverwide ooc is only think to save the game

Nirgon
02-24-2012, 09:25 PM
Wolfram you aren't involved in any of this. I mean that literally.

Grozmok
02-24-2012, 09:37 PM
TLDR

What, play nice policy isn't classic?

Harrison
02-24-2012, 09:40 PM
Most of the problem players' careers in EQ began on vztz. They know nothing of real EQ or real pvp.

fiegi
02-24-2012, 09:42 PM

Harrison
02-24-2012, 09:47 PM
I'm forum tanking two entire guilds at once and keeping them taunted.

Jirr
02-24-2012, 09:52 PM
If I understand lethdar correctly, you can't kill CT or pvp for zone control of pof and you are upset that the staff won't let you train CT on the people that can control pof until they get tired of it and log off. I am going to venture a guess that your #2 complaint would be your inability to spam ooc about your enemies inadequacies as you train them. I wonder if you will end up banned, trolling for a wipe for eternity, or just give up and go try to grief people somewhere else?

Dullah
02-24-2012, 10:17 PM
This rule was made as a direct result of Holo continued griefing and angry tactics.

After you caused us to get DT over 50 times, then someone actually agro'd him from Nihil when Amelinda told us it was legit and to shut up about it.

fiegi
02-24-2012, 10:20 PM
Troriste started it bro, where do you think we figured it out from.

Don't make me find that screenshot link again

purest
02-24-2012, 10:43 PM
Wolfram typing gigantic walls of his unsolicited opinion that nobody but himself will read and Harrison spattering in impotent rage about a server he's too scared to play on

Shaping up to be like every thread ever

Harrison
02-24-2012, 10:56 PM
2mny wrds hrd to reed hrt bran me chet at eq me frious at hrrson 4 tell ppl

aerokella
02-24-2012, 11:03 PM
I sense much mad/sad in this thread.

Jabber
02-25-2012, 12:01 AM
its funny how harrison posts more on these forums than any active player

Harrison
02-25-2012, 12:03 AM
I present to you: Cast, Steaks(cozmonaut), Nirgon, and other such cheating scumbags.

They flood this forum condoning their shitbagginess. I am the counter to that level of scum.

Amuk
02-25-2012, 12:05 AM
No you're just a crazy person.

Amuk
02-25-2012, 12:05 AM
If that pic was actually you beaten up then you even look fucking insane.

bamzal
02-25-2012, 12:06 AM
server doin fine, 135 online!

gloinz
02-25-2012, 12:18 AM
I'm forum tanking two entire guilds at once and keeping them taunted.

lol

Slathar
02-25-2012, 12:18 AM
If that pic was actually you beaten up then you even look fucking insane.

this made me laugh out loud

LAWD HA' MERCY

stormlord
02-25-2012, 12:28 AM
If you can't beat em, join em.

Hairybuttwhole
02-25-2012, 11:38 AM
lol at ppl who leveled up

Amelinda
02-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Learn to post in the correct forums.