PDA

View Full Version : Custom UI (Vert)

Xumosa
04-27-2010, 05:36 PM
Hello, I was just wondering if there was a way to get the custom UI vert to work? I used it all the time in live and now I went to use it on p99 and it wont load, the new up to date one loads no problem but I dont want that 1 because it has all the new features that obviously do nothing as of right now...and also its really buggy so i tried to use the old one which is this one..

http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=538

but I cant get it to load whenever I /loadskin it just reverts back to the default, anyone know how i can fix this?

Updating this so its on the front page:

Thank you Savok for making the UI work: http://home.comcast.net/~savok/project99/project99.zip

Follow these directions to make buff window etc work properly:

make new folder on desktop named Vert, unzip it to there, drag that folder to your everquest/uifiles folder then go into uifiles go into default copy the following: 1)

gemicons01.tga
gemicons02.tga
gemicons03.tga
spells01.tga
spells02.tga
spells03.tga
spells04.tga
spells05.tga
spells06.tga
spells07.tga

as javeDK previously mentioned then go back into the vert folder and paste, overwriting everything it asks

2) Delete the EQUI_Buffwindow

and you should be good to go, thats if you are downloading savok's version of it

if you are downloading gorgetrapper's i dont think you need to do anything special, havnt heard any complaints..

so just extract it into a new folder and put it in your everquest/uifiles directory

ShadowWulf
04-27-2010, 07:19 PM
No clue, but that was one of the UI's i used back in the day for its ultra-clarity and readability.
Id love it if it could be ported back over again.

Heebee
04-27-2010, 08:17 PM
Yep, I'd love to have Vert running too!

Gorgetrapper
04-27-2010, 08:38 PM
Vert UI was the shit!

Xumosa
04-28-2010, 02:33 PM
Anyone able to convert this to a version that works or at least pinpoint why its not loading? :x

isdnelson
05-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Anyone have this or something similar working? The default UI that i'm using is a major pain to read at higher resolutions.

Yellow
05-07-2010, 01:54 PM
We need to get people who are good at Ui's to start making these for ingame PP ;]

Bumamgar
05-07-2010, 02:16 PM
If I get some time this weekend, I'll fix Vert for p1999.

I've also got my own custom UI that I've fixed for p1999 already. It's available Here (http://www.wrathfulinquisition.com/viewtopic.php?t=9800) (I need to add some screenshots to that thread, I'll try and do that this weekend).

JackFlash
05-07-2010, 02:20 PM
I'll dig through my old HDD's, I may possibly have old UI releases. Unfortunately I lost most of my old EQ stuff on a failed HDD back in the day.

isdnelson
05-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Thanks guys, screen caps would be great!

Savok
05-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Hey guys, I finally found you all! You may know me from other places with a Live version of Vert (http://www.theconcerthall.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=23) thats been running since 2003 or so.. well now I'm working on a p99 version!

After about 3 mins in game I had this:

http://home.comcast.net/~savok/project99/verttest.jpg

I hope to finish it up this week. See you in game!

Savok
05-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Ok Vert UI about 90 - 95% done, no more XML errors when you log in.

Xumosa
05-10-2010, 03:49 PM
XD thats awesome thanks alot Savok!

isdnelson
05-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Awesome, thanks so much for doing this! Can't wait to see the finished results!

Savok
05-10-2010, 10:45 PM
I'm going to go ahead and release the beta (pretty much done except the buff windows, which I'll fix between now and next week).

You can find the download here (http://home.comcast.net/~savok/project99/project99.zip). Just unzip it in to it's own little folder in the uifiles folder and /loadskin <folder name here> in game, where <folder name here> is what you called it.

Please give me any feedback you may have (positive or negative).

Savok
05-10-2010, 10:50 PM
We need to get people who are good at Ui's to start making these for ingame PP ;]

I'll take PP, I only just found you guys and its so hard to start out from scratch again!

ShadowWulf
05-10-2010, 10:52 PM
Sweet thanks, but before i download and install whats up with the buff windows? Are they just not skinned? I ask since my main currently is a shammy buffs do matter hehe

Gorgetrapper
05-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Ok I think the only thing missing, is an actual mana amount either on the target window (where you hp and shit is located), or at least the mana amount shown in the inventory screen. Remove the Evolution, Shrouds and Alt Currency tabs and I think it'll be good to go from there.

Ok, new thing, Spell icons, any way you can revert to the old style? These new ones are making my eyes bleed.

Savok
05-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Right. I removed the Live buff window files so that I can tinker around with them and to try to get them perfect - at the moment all they do is load the regular standard buff window.

I'm going to be out of town from Wednesday until next week but wanted to try to get some feedback in.

Savok
05-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Ok I think the only thing missing, is an actual mana amount either on the target window (where you hp and shit is located), or at least the mana amount shown in the inventory screen. Remove the Evolution, Shrouds and Alt Currency tabs and I think it'll be good to go from there.

The mana (and endurance) amounts are shown in the player window (E and M boxes at the bottom). For the inventory window its a bit of a double edged sword. I can remove the other tabs but then you get an XML error. I am too much of a perfectionist and hate XML errors, but its kind of build in to the code to ask for it.

ShadowWulf
05-10-2010, 11:04 PM
latest version the one linked?

Savok
05-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Yes.

Gorgetrapper
05-10-2010, 11:26 PM
I meant as a numeric value and not just a blue bar with a percentage.

ShadowWulf
05-10-2010, 11:27 PM
Im using it now. Its just like I remember it mostly, even the custom spell and buff icons are intact. Damn good job!

Savok
05-10-2010, 11:30 PM
I meant as a numeric value and not just a blue bar with a percentage.

Again, check the bottom boxes in the Player window. The middle 4 boxes with a blue background are mana, endurance, AC and ATK with corresponding numeric values.

Gorgetrapper
05-10-2010, 11:53 PM
Ok, I just tried inspecting someone, and it crashed me. Never crashed while using any other UI.

ShadowWulf
05-10-2010, 11:54 PM
Ya know, are the target rings supposed to say something? It looks like random mirror imaged text inside the pattern.

ShadowWulf
05-10-2010, 11:56 PM
Ok, I just tried inspecting someone, and it crashed me. Never crashed while using any other UI.

Same, just locked up and errorless crash (Windows 7). Not using WinEQ, just compatibility mode. Game has zero other issues.

Savok
05-11-2010, 12:22 AM
Oops, I forgot to fix the powersource issue in that file. I have uploaded and fixed the issue.

Xumosa
05-11-2010, 02:11 PM
just wondering since im at work atm, not home so cant check for myself, does the updated UI have the old vert spell bar with the spell names beside them or is it the small 1 that just shows the gems?

If its the small 1 is there a way to get the bigger 1 with spell names on it again? maybe in a separate download if most people don't like this

Kainzo
05-11-2010, 03:28 PM
I'm also looking for old releases, I remember having VERT UI at one point but I believe that HDD crashed.

Savok
05-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Ok I fixed a couple more files and updated the download linked earlier.

Savok
05-11-2010, 03:50 PM
just wondering since im at work atm, not home so cant check for myself, does the updated UI have the old vert spell bar with the spell names beside them or is it the small 1 that just shows the gems?

If its the small 1 is there a way to get the bigger 1 with spell names on it again? maybe in a separate download if most people don't like this

Yes I will be adding optional downloads at a later date once I have the basics completely correct for Classic/Kunark/Velious so I don't have to go back and re-tinker again. If you check out www.theconcerthall.net you can see my live version with all of the optional downloads there (they don't work with this version of the UI so you will have to wait for them).

Xumosa
05-11-2010, 04:23 PM
omg just looked at your ui pics of it on live, that is so flippin busy its nuts lol its been so long since ive played live

and ok i will definitely be looking forward to that add on, i love seeing the spell names hehe

JaVeDK
05-11-2010, 07:49 PM
This is awesome -Thank you!

Played around with it a little since I prefer the original spell icons. If anyone's interested here's the files you need to replace with the original ones:

gemicons01.tga
gemicons02.tga
gemicons03.tga
spells01.tga
spells02.tga
spells03.tga
spells04.tga
spells05.tga
spells06.tga
spells07.tga

This will unfortunately remove the icon graphics for resistances in the character info box as well, but oh well...

Looking forward to having the buffs window fixed - also the target ring skin is upside down. :-)

ShadowWulf
05-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Installed the new files tonight, but im confused as to these new windows...

The buff window display is definitely off. If theres a way to reorient this window i sure haven't found it, as is now it stacks all the text into the upper left corner.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9627/equi.png

also all targeting rings but red are...white

Savok
05-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Oops sorry i left those in the file while i was working on them. Just delete the buff and shortduration buff xml files and default will load. I'll remove them from the zip.

I'm working on the target rings atm as well.

Savok
05-11-2010, 11:40 PM
Ok target rings should now be fixed.

Xumosa
05-12-2010, 02:03 AM
Oops sorry i left those in the file while i was working on them. Just delete the buff and shortduration buff xml files and default will load. I'll remove them from the zip.

I'm working on the target rings atm as well.

cant find shortduration bbuff? just buffwindow

Drillicuz
05-12-2010, 10:03 AM
Savok once again, you are the man. The only UI I will ever use.

ShadowWulf
05-12-2010, 10:35 AM
cant find shortduration bbuff? just buffwindow

The files are named EQUI_shortduartionbuff.xml etc etc

Its the EQUI_xxxxx header part I missed at first also.

JaVeDK
05-12-2010, 12:10 PM
The files are named EQUI_shortduartionbuff.xml etc etc

Its the EQUI_xxxxx header part I missed at first also.

That file is not in the zip. Doesn't matter though. Deleting the buffwindow file does the job.

isdnelson
05-12-2010, 04:57 PM
How does this UI handle additional hotbars? I don't recall that bit...

Tenurn
05-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Is there a way we can switch out the buff icons to the original EQ ones?

Gorgetrapper
05-12-2010, 05:58 PM
http://www.4shared.com/file/arZbBBUY/Vert.html

I uploaded my Vert UI folder with a few things I grabbed from the Glass UI and the Vert UI, and mixed what I thought was best. Changed old spell icons back, and a few other things.

Xumosa
05-12-2010, 06:37 PM
http://www.4shared.com/file/arZbBBUY/Vert.html

I uploaded my Vert UI folder with a few things I grabbed from the Glass UI and the Vert UI, and mixed what I thought was best. Changed old spell icons back, and a few other things.

Can we get a picture of it?

Gorgetrapper
05-12-2010, 06:50 PM
http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae14/Gorgetrapper86/EQ000030.jpg

basfa
05-13-2010, 08:49 AM
thanks gorgetrapper. i downloaded your Vert UI folder last night and was very pleased with the results :)

isdnelson
05-13-2010, 02:47 PM
@gorgetrapper

I love what you've done here, but this reminded me of something I did in EQLive that I would need to change here as well.

For the player stats window, I recall that I either edited or downloaded that file so that it only showed the top half (not the resists or stats below them). This allowed me to stack the player window with the group window to match the height of the inventory window for more efficient use of space (and I still have access to that info via the inventory ui).

Could you point me to the file I need to edit to achieve this? I have a dangerously limited understanding of XML, but i should be able to figure it out if I observe the structure.

UPDATE:
EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml is the file i do believe, and so far I've done nothing but break it, haha!

Thanks much,

Gnada

kalimar39
05-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Hi, to use this new UI do I have to delete anyhting first or just unzipp it to where you said to? I dont know why but ive never really messed with other UI playing mmorps. You think I would have in the 12 years ive been messing with them :)

Xumosa
05-14-2010, 12:09 PM
make new folder on desktop named Vert, unzip it to there, drag that folder to your everquest/uifiles folder then go into uifiles go into default copy the following:

gemicons01.tga
gemicons02.tga
gemicons03.tga
spells01.tga
spells02.tga
spells03.tga
spells04.tga
spells05.tga
spells06.tga
spells07.tga

as javeDK previously mentioned then go back into the vert folder and paste, overwriting everything it asks then delete the EQUI_Buffwindow

and you should be good to go, thats if you are downloading savok's version of it

if you are downloading gorgetrapper's i dont think you need to do anything special, havnt heard any complaints..

so just extract it into a new folder and put it in your everquest/uifiles directory

Savok
05-15-2010, 10:20 AM
@gorgetrapper

I love what you've done here, but this reminded me of something I did in EQLive that I would need to change here as well.

For the player stats window, I recall that I either edited or downloaded that file so that it only showed the top half (not the resists or stats below them). This allowed me to stack the player window with the group window to match the height of the inventory window for more efficient use of space (and I still have access to that info via the inventory ui).

Could you point me to the file I need to edit to achieve this? I have a dangerously limited understanding of XML, but i should be able to figure it out if I observe the structure.

UPDATE:
EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml is the file i do believe, and so far I've done nothing but break it, haha!

Thanks much,

Gnada

I'm still on vacation atm but find the EQUI_Playerwindow.xml and go right down to the bottom to the very last <size> tags and change the Y (vertical) size to hide the lower half of the window as needed. For the resist icons in the same window you have to have the following files from my UI to see them:

The version of isons you want to see (from any UI):
gemicons01.tga
gemicons02.tga
gemicons03.tga
spells01.tga
spells02.tga
spells03.tga
spells04.tga
spells05.tga
spells06.tga
spells07.tga

plus my EQUI_Animations.xml file.

JaVeDK
05-18-2010, 02:31 PM
Savok I was wondering if there is any chance that you might consider splitting the player window in two: one for the bars and one of the the resists/stats? It would make customizing it to fit ones preferred setup a little easier.

Also thank you very much for this awesome UI. It has already added to my EQ experience.

Savok
05-18-2010, 06:53 PM
Savok I was wondering if there is any chance that you might consider splitting the player window in two: one for the bars and one of the the resists/stats? It would make customizing it to fit ones preferred setup a little easier.

Also thank you very much for this awesome UI. It has already added to my EQ experience.

Yeah I will add a tabbed box version as an optional download at some point.

(Still would like to know who has the name Savok stashed away so I can actually use the name in game!)

lumin
05-18-2010, 07:13 PM
Sorry, I've only just recently seen this thread and don't feel like reading through all the pages.

Has anyone gotten this to work yet on P1999? If so, can we have the official instructions updated on the Opening Post?

JaVeDK
05-18-2010, 07:57 PM
You can find the download here (http://home.comcast.net/~savok/project99/project99.zip). Just unzip it in to it's own little folder in the uifiles folder and /loadskin <folder name here> in game, where <folder name here> is what you called it.

Please give me any feedback you may have (positive or negative).

Here you go.

Savok: that's awesome, thanks!

isdnelson
05-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Thanks everyone for your work on this. I've made some modifications of my own thanks to the advice in this threat that I'm very happy with.

Much appreciated!

Savok
05-19-2010, 08:30 AM
Moving my UI to its own forum post here (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7850).

steaks6
02-25-2012, 09:51 PM
touchy my fucking ass