PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Root + snare, spider nets still rechargable

Nirgon
02-23-2012, 05:30 PM
Wouldn't tag this as terribly urgent but not classic and but will definitely frustrate or deter players seeking a classic experience!

->Mage pet root should be incredibly easy for players to resist (lowest on the food chain). I wouldn't give it a chance past 40 MR and should be like 1:3 at 25mr or so.

->Spells in the root (immobolize, fetter later, enstill, paralyzing earth...) line should have a pulse on each tick for it to fade early in PvP. I haven't had this happen once so far. I'd say a cut off for this is like 70 mr and then the resist curve goes like vertical line almost. Right now, it appears that snares with a damage component get a WAY BETTER resist check. These should be equal in PvP.

->Snares / Ensare - I've said this before and I'll say it again. SNARE was very very easily resisted. ENSNARE had a better resist check. These were slightly harder to resist. I absolutely clearly remember asking Webe, a ranger in classic why my brother's (Bundy) druid twink couldn't seem to land snare on players, yet ensnare would be like 100% on me if I was naked. He replied with the evidence above. Moot point if I can't find evidence, but I called the same shit on fear/invoke fear and was proven right. Darkness should be right around ensnare and it did pretty well. Currently, I'd put both in the same boat as root, but these wouldn't be as easy to resist but close.

->Spider net recharge needs to go bye byes.

Null says he has whirl pegged down =), confirmed by the Emp.

Signed,
Nirgon (Hi I'm a caster and thanks for 67% spell damage, it is classic and I am happy)