PDA

View Full Version : Epic Difficulty

tingling
02-22-2012, 02:04 PM
I started playing during POP so when it was time for me to do my epic on my bard it was actually pretty easy phinny was the bigest pain in the ass for me as i had to go back what felt like a million times to get what i needed.. the good thing was i was able to solo him.

everything else i remember getting really lucky with and i am pretty sure i got the scales and strings on my first kills...

I got the Amygdalan Tendril randomly when i decided to go help someone else with their epic and at the time i didn't even know i needed it lol..

But anways whats the hardest and whats the esiest epic to do? I am just kind of curious becuase i started well epics were put into the game.

Swish
02-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Done the shaman epic on live before, that's fairly easy but fairly time consuming doing one part in City of Mist unless you get lucky with a random spawn.

From what I've read here, there's a massive amount of traffic of people trying to do one part of the cleric epic, and on that basis I think that has to be the hardest on the server at the moment?

Others, I've never done. There is also the question of how "good" the epics are, if you're just after the achievement of finishing your class epic that's cool, but in some cases I believe there's more useful items available to each class?

OngorDrakan
02-22-2012, 02:33 PM
Rogue pretty easy.

Im playing a Monk, not near epic collection time, but I think some of its kind of hard. Lots of running around.

Holey
02-22-2012, 02:35 PM
EASY : ROGUE
HARD : CLERIC (rotation wakaka :/ )

Lazortag
02-22-2012, 02:37 PM
So far no one has a Bard epic, I'd say until the undead Bard gets added in this will probably be the hardest epic.

Autotune
02-22-2012, 02:41 PM
Bard, Necro, Wiz are the hardest.

Bard seems jacked up imo.

Wiz has an extremely low drop off CT

Necro has a low drop % off Inny and CT.

Cleric is just time consuming, absolutely nothing hard about it. With a rotation, it's just a matter of time before it's yours.

Rogue, Shaman are both extremely easy, but can take some time.

tingling
02-22-2012, 02:44 PM
thanks for the input... when i did my bards epic back in the day it seemed so easy but being 65 must have helped lol...

Ele
02-22-2012, 02:44 PM
Bards are difficult in the sense that the Trak Guts are apparently an amazingly rare drop, none in 7 weeks now = 0 bard epics.

Wizards have it difficult with Cazic Skin, which was rumored to be a 3% drop on live (not sure what it is here) and from what I've read very few were actually completed before the Broken Golem was added several months later.

Necros kind of get screwed since they need a rare drop from Innoruuk and Cazic.

Mage epic was much harder to complete on live, since people hadn't farmed Sky/Quillmane to the extent they have here.

Rogue epic was super easy mode before patch, after patch still super easy mode with some extra wait time.

Clerics have it hard only because fifty clerics bottleneck at Ragefire three weeks after epics go live, the rest of it is fairly simple.

Bruman
02-22-2012, 02:54 PM
It depends on your definition of difficult.

Some are hard because you have to kill lots of gods/dragons. So maybe you're not in a guild that kills those.

Some are hard because of a huge time investment (like Monk epic - it's extremely long, but none of the mobs themselves are difficult, even our last big fight can be done with 1 twinked out group, or 2-3 groups easily).

funhorroryes
02-22-2012, 04:42 PM
the end game mobs dont require the people that they once needed because everyone is experienced now and know the strategies to defeat mobs. not only that, but the average gear of high end players is alot better due to lots and lots of farming because of the unnatural timeline

id say any epic which is hard would be due to the bottlenecks or rare spawns and items.

id say with 12 - 15 well geared high level people you could take any epic item mob. it just all comes down to getting the spawn or its actual drop rate

Lids
02-22-2012, 04:48 PM
From what I read in the past, Bard, Cleric and Wizard are the hardest.

Easiest I think we could agreed on Rogue epic, as we can see in EC trade forum haha ;)

Feminem
02-22-2012, 05:09 PM
I never saw a lot of necro epics on live, and heard a lot of complaints on that. Bard epic is no picnic, either.

Rogues strollin' down easy street. Ragebringers all willy-nilly.

Kender
02-22-2012, 05:44 PM
sk epic is supposed to be pretty hard. especially with the drop from hate (some rare hide). no idea on here though

DigglesVersion2.0
02-22-2012, 06:43 PM
Cleric epic is hard for Metallikus

Ele
02-22-2012, 06:46 PM
Metallikus is hard for Cleric epic

FTFY

Splorf22
02-22-2012, 07:04 PM
Warrior epic is the hardest IMO, needing rare drops from *four* raid targets. The only reason people have them here is that IB/TMO have been farming the scales for months, and there are still only 4 that I know of on the server.

Bard/Nec/Wiz are also hard for the reasons mentioned by others.

Shaman/Rogue are the easy ones; people get them for their twinks now.

Everyone else is pretty much in the middle. Paladins actually have one of the worst bottlenecks, a 1-week spawn, but no one cares because so few people play them.

stormlord
02-22-2012, 11:33 PM
Kind of adding this comment randomly. But I love that epics are on p1999 now.

Makes things a tad more interesting. But.. I can hear the gears grinding.

Whoever invented camping should be shot, maybe terminated via time travel.

Deadmantis
02-23-2012, 01:28 AM
Did enchanter and druid epics on live. No problem for either really, soloed most of the stuff and took a small guild group for the raid mobs.

As others mentioned, cleric epic seems to be the big pain here, a real bottleneck. Even on live servers clerics back in the day were ragequitting over Ragefire.

Rasah
02-23-2012, 01:42 AM
Cleric epic is not that hard. Ragefire is going to spawn multiple times a week. They don't need any other piece that has a bottleneck. Look at the classes that need drops off of CT, Inny, VS. Those only spawn once a week and are killed for reasons other than the epic.

Xanthias
02-23-2012, 04:32 AM
Cleric epic is not that hard. Ragefire is going to spawn multiple times a week. They don't need any other piece that has a bottleneck. Look at the classes that need drops off of CT, Inny, VS. Those only spawn once a week and are killed for reasons other than the epic.

Druid/Ranger get the pain there, because of Inny/Fay having our completion piece be a rare apparently