PDA

View Full Version : EQmac

Grahm
02-21-2012, 10:29 PM
lets get a list of people playing cus i forreal am not tryin to level on my own.

Hershey-wizard

Grahm
02-23-2012, 09:01 PM
this thread took off QUICK

Tippett
02-23-2012, 09:49 PM
Just go it rolling, gonna roll an Iksar Beastlord :D

ShadowWulf
02-23-2012, 10:39 PM
Atheism - Iksar Necromancer

nalkin
02-23-2012, 11:20 PM
how many people play on this server thereabouts? Also can you box chars?

ShadowWulf
02-23-2012, 11:58 PM
how many people play on this server thereabouts? Also can you box chars?

Its still pretty empty, the presence of an AFK bazaar means there's no epicenter of life like our EC tunnel. There is PoK but even that seems to hover under 20 or 30 most of the time. I've been duoing with my wife and haven't tried grouping but I know for a fact as with all official SOE servers (even the free) boxing is allowed and apparently some guilds cannot raid without multiple boxes.

However, it is POP era so that's fun, I dig the ease of PoK and its library and easy binds and easy Necro soloing. But you know....I really swear this server feels HARDER than p99 in several ways...

The mobs really hit harder (My Vah Shir BL was 2 shotted by a lv 2 even con). Money drops seems smaller, the mobs have more HP in some cases it feels like and there is no easy 3rd person mouse wheel camera mode (Only the fixed f9 cameras of yore.) Playing an area-aware class like a chanter feels like it going to be harder, though melee might not notice the difference. Also camera views on Iksar are ANNOYING where every swing zooms into the head of the avatar, totally filling the screen, every damn weapon swing.

Give it a shot, and personally I really doubt SOE can plug the PC connection hole were using.

tshakur
02-24-2012, 12:20 AM
hack's gonna get nerfed, is trivially easy to break it, sry guys

Foxboxx
02-24-2012, 12:54 AM
I joined Vintage. They're a Velious era classic guild. Filling up all those empty zones will be easy if people stick to classic =P.

MelxDruid
02-24-2012, 01:21 AM
I played this server for 3 years. It is not hardcore, most are casual gamers. Have fun guys, but you will not find the personalities and drama that make p99 feel like real EQ. Al'Kabor feels like a nursing home to me.

ShadowWulf
02-24-2012, 04:09 AM
I played this server for 3 years. It is not hardcore, most are casual gamers. Have fun guys, but you will not find the personalities and drama that make p99 feel like real EQ. Al'Kabor feels like a nursing home to me.

Ya know, thats exactly why me and the wife are enjoying Al'Kabor. Its friendlier in general the Alliance channel is tends to be busy and the people are friendly.

Besides if I wanted REAL game drama id go back to EvE and pirate and rip off corps again and ruin peoples year. P99 has nothing on the drama market to compare.

Diggles
02-24-2012, 04:12 AM
real drama in swtor equates to someone linking us a fabulous bit of facebook drama in guild chat and we spend 30 minutes talking him into posting it on Reddit.