PDA

View Full Version : Hey, new here

Tybansan
04-27-2010, 06:49 AM
Hey guys. I played everquest up until Velious back in the day. Moved on to DAOC around that time. I was in a guild called Equinox Brigade on Xegony.

I heard about this and had to give it a try. I have decided on a Paladin. Was a warrior back in the day but hearing how hard they are to level and start out on makes me want to try something a little easier to start on. I know I've heard casters are great first chars but I really dont like playing a caster. I always like wearing heavy armor and being a tank, usually hybrid.

Some questions, what should I do to get semi setup? Save money for bronze or spend every penny I have on what I can get at the time? Also what about weapons? What is something decent that i can get fairly early on?

Any ideas are more than welcome, the game feels so alien even though I have played it a long time ago. It is much more hardcore than I thought.

Also if there is any laidback guild that wouldnt mind a reborn noob with a lot of questions that would be nice.

Thanks,

Tyb

Ermonican
04-27-2010, 08:15 AM
Hi Tyb welcome fellow Xegony player!

I too went the path of the pally, not an easy path to be sure but hopefully worth it in the end.

Head to CB and grind on Orcs. I turned in pads and belts until about lvl 10 then started to sell them to other players so I could put together some equipment.

Do the Screaming Mace quest while you are there to get a magic 1H. Bracer of Battle is easy to come by and I ended up buying a Dwarven Ringmail Tunic for the quest off some one for 15pp.

At 13 head to Unrest. When you get there shout in zone WTB Jagged Bands. If you buy them here you can get them for a helluva lot cheaper then if you were /auction for them. Got mine for 30pp each.

I imagine after this I will be off to SOLA or Upperguk not sure which one yet. Anyone know if it is possible to be bound in the the Temple of SolRo? If so it will be SOLA all the way!

YendorLootmonkey
04-27-2010, 09:14 AM
Xegony, the Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome of EQLive Servers. ;)

bloodfrost
04-27-2010, 09:20 AM
lol yeah. i was bloodfrost godslayer barbarian warrior of xegony for many many years