PDA

View Full Version : Starting Monk Twink weapon question

Craigmandu
02-21-2012, 11:39 AM
Hello,

I am in the process of starting a human monk and have a question on weapons....I have a few hundred plat from another character (lvl 11) which I intend to give to the monk....

I notice that there are some weapons that I could spend that money on. I know that weapons are the most important thing. What would make sense however for around 300pp or less....a 2hb like Adamantite Bo Staff, or two one-handers like Fighting Batons...

Does it really matter?

Bruman
02-21-2012, 12:20 PM
I'd probably go with a Wu's Quivering Staff.

If you're planning on solo'ing, gear will matter a lot more (fungi = game changer, obviously). If you're going to be pulling and grouping, then it doesn't matter as much.

Craigmandu
02-21-2012, 01:28 PM
If you're planning on solo'ing, gear will matter a lot more (fungi = game changer, obviously). If you're going to be pulling and grouping, then it doesn't matter as much.

I'm sure fungi is way more money than I have....I only literally have a few hundred pp. So a Wu's quivering staff if I can find one for 2-250pp I would probably buy...I'm guessing as you level it doesn't hinder you much having 2h over 1h as a monk?

Bruman
02-21-2012, 02:09 PM
It doesn't hinder at all. You'll want both 2hb, 1hb, and hth all maxed anyways. There are great weapons all around for all scenarios.

eqravenprince
02-21-2012, 03:16 PM
A couple fighting batons can probably be bought for 300pp or so. That will serve you quite well up to level 20, beyond level 20 I would recommend buying a Wu's Quivering Staff at that point and use that the majority of the time.

travatron
02-21-2012, 04:34 PM
I really liked the smoldering brand
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Smoldering_Brand

Procs a 14 DD fairly often at level 1, is fast enough to not suffer terribly from the damage cap like many other weapons- and as a human, it offers a light source!

I picked mine up for like 250p I think.