PDA

View Full Version : "Call to arms!" <Fraction>

Dalder
04-26-2010, 07:22 PM
Hi folks

Warning: Not recommended for new players, for the faint of heart, someone who has their feelings hurt easily, people who want to level up quickly or sanely, anyone who likes to pick verbal fights with people on the other side of the key board because they don't know you IRL.

I have noticed there isn't really a home for RP and/or pvp players. I am fishing for any intersted parties or feedback on the idea. Alts, mains, frequent or casual players all welcome.

I'm posting with an idea for a "hardcore roleplay" style guild. Hardcore roleplay? Well its a bit different from how it sounds.

Heres to plan:

-Manditory pvp tag and /roleplay. Turn in your book to the Priest of Discord
-Rank in guild determined by "honorable duels", requring witnesses, of similar level characters of similar or same class.(levels and witness #'s tba). Challeneges can be made anytime, publicly, and must be completed within one week RL time.
-*Most loot* dropped from guildwide events with more than 1 interested party can be gained through "duels" between said parties if similar level and pref. class.
-Within guild groups/raids, anything goes...Including but not limited too: PK, corpse camping, ninja looting, IN-GAME related trash talking, jokes (your mama jokes (w/e), chuck norris jokes(be prepared to get ganked) ogres are dumb, gnomes are short etc.)
-No harassment of the person behind the keyboard. Most of us are adults and we are all living on the same planet. You know the limits. NO TOLERANCE
-NO TOLERANCE when braking server community rules. unless within guild setting. This DOES NOT mean spamming ooc or exploiting is okay. If you break guild rules or the servers, your out and will be reported to GM's.
-No other rules. Why? Everyone is pvp tagged then there is a good form of retribution for anyone to take advantage of.

FAQ's

Q: What does no tolerance mean?
A: You WILL be detagged and reported to GM's by any and every member involved. Its an honor system with this. Do not break server rules. The rest of the server isn't following these rules and don't care that you want to follow them.

Q: If I'm getting corpse camped how am i supposed to have any fun?
A: If you are a DE necro cc'ing a dwarf priest, it makes sense that you want his soul to suffer. Over and over again. BUT don't expect the other dwarves or gnomes or elves etc to let you do it for long. Pay off some evils to take them out. Hence the mandiory pvp tag. If you don't like it, don't join. Or you can talk to a Priest of Order to remove pvp, they are in game.(Not recommended to tag in mains for this reason)

Q: Ninja-looting is okay?
A: As long as you are in a GUILD SETTING ONLY, you won't be kicked out of the guild. Now with that said, if you are a rogue and you ninja some loot, fine, your sneaky. But unless people like you or you don't mind hiding for a long time, expect to be hunted down, not invited and most likely both. WE WILL ABIDE BY SERVER RULES WHEN IT AFFECTS ANY OF THE SERVER COMMUNITY

Q: Why not just RP?
A: Anyone on the server can do that. This is taking it another step and playing the game around that.

Q: If we are in the same guild an not anonymous, can't everyone find me?
A: Yes, and this is a draw-back. The doesn't have many Pk's so its would be hard to find anyone. Not many people hang around the arenas waiting for a fight.

Q: Do I have to roleplay?
A: It is strongly recommended in some compacity. This will give us the ability to pvp on a fair level. "Good" aligned toons are called Champions, "evil" aligned called Dreads. No one expects you to talk in over-embellished or dumbed down english (guild chat is w/e), and some will, but RP is up to the person to take it as far as they want. Its mostly a guide based on factions in the game to provide a ground for competition. There are not many, if any, other RP guilds so this is a place to gather together. This isn't a pvp server so it provides a way for PK's to find eachother. Try to stick with the faction you have. If you want to be a good ogre. Go kill in CB for awhile and then group with WE's. Human monk wants to be bad; Kill some guards, move your home to Neriak. Necromancer? You require the "help" of a group of adventurers to venture into a dungeon, for your own benefits, of course. Excess to Champion or Dread events/items/chat with be decided by the faction leader with proof you worked the faction. The idea is you play around your characters build and make it what you want.

Q: What about raids?
A: Targets might include King Kazon Stormhammer, Tatelros the Cruel, the entire qyenos monk guild. The city of Grobb. The idea is that the "evil" faction and the "good" faction of members in the guild work against one another, ie. all the good factioned members try to stop the evil faction members from defeating the target(s).

Q: What good is any of this?
A: As stated, it is not for the faint of heart. It provides a different avenue for gaming within this game we all enjoy. If you don't like the rules, don't join. I wouldn't recommend putting your 50 in unless you have previous experience with this. Some people are jerks. Let them be. This allows others to take it out on their character if they get annoyed. THIS IS FOR FUN. we play this game to enjoy ourselves. This is an extreme set of rules to facilitate competition, pvp, lore, and just good times.

Q: Have any tips on how to get started?
A: Chose a class and race you are comfortable with. Druids and wizards are good for a getaway and have decent dmg for pvp. Pet classes, bards and Enchanters definatly are good picks. Advanced players might try monks or warriors, but you might want to make a friend who can heal. SKILL UP BIND WOUND. It can and WILL save your life in pvp or pve. Get some gear with resists for the pvp settings. Bind near a banker that likes you. Work faction with a couple different cities so you can have a couple havens.

It all sounds a little harsh but tension escilates within the game when people act like idiots so I'm trying to cover the bases to let everyone know that although, this guild follows these rules, these actions are not sanctioned outside the guild tag. If you are pvp and they CC you let someone in the guild know. If they train you, post on forums; let someone know. Guild wars? Bring it on! I play an evil aligned character right now so I am looking for someone to lead the Champions. Also, in the future I would like to make meetings for Dreads in SolA and Champions in SolB. Both have vendors and seems like a fun home site. Also, they have adjacent zone lines so we can have some interesting pvp battles, including our own armies, in these venues. Other than that, I'm a normal person who has to work for a living. I didn't play original EQ (started right before luclin), only had a lvl 35 on a pvp server and never raided past GoD(and not much before then) so I don't know how things are "supposed" to be. I don't know how to make a website. I have alts. I don't have tons of free-time to play but like to, like most, when I can.

If you are interested reply to this post with feedback on rules, "raid" target ideas, in-guild ranking or just to let me know your interested. In game at Dalder or Dropp.

Pikle
04-27-2010, 05:39 AM
Honestly love this idea, if I wasn't a guildleader I would probably participate in some way, shape or form! Good luck and I wish the best. I can't buff your guildies but I will stop and give them plat!

calaxa
04-27-2010, 06:10 AM
I think the idea is nice in concept but unless you get a lot of interest, it will be very difficult as red players cannot have spells cast on them by blue players. Would be very difficult for reds to group and level etc.

Good luck to you though.

Omnimorph
04-27-2010, 06:14 AM
Sounds an interesting concept if you can get the support :p Will be a bit lame if you only have like 5 members.

mixxit
04-27-2010, 08:25 AM
I offer neither pay, nor quarters, nor food; I offer only hunger, thirst, forced marches, battles and death. Let him who loves his country with his heart, and not merely with his lips, follow me.

Yellow
04-27-2010, 04:34 PM
haha interesting concept... Goodluck sounds Awesome.. currently im spoken for guild wise but if thisis around and somethign happens ill give it a try.

jettoki
04-27-2010, 05:24 PM
I like the idea, though I don't know how much time I could dedicate to it.

One question you'll need to make clear, though:
Does the PvP flag prevent you from getting heals and buffs from non-flagged players? I remember at one point, it did. If that's still the case, I think it's going to be hard to generate interest.

Dalder
05-23-2011, 02:20 PM
I posted this over a year ago and am still playing. I still like the idea but not longer have the time to lead a guild of this style. It would take some time and a dedicated group of leaders to implement the rules accordingly. Thought it might be an interesting read for some of the red99 people out there who are waiting for server. I'm still open to join and help with guild but can't lead an undertaking like this at this time.