PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Intimidate skill up

Pyrocat
04-26-2010, 08:11 AM
I haven't been getting intimidate skill ups at all. On live you could target a corpse or a mob or a PC and just spam intimidate as you ran across the zone, and the skill would go up. I remember being very happy when I finally got my skill to 200 on live by doing this. I'm not having any such luck on this server. The only time I even get a message is when I'm within melee range of a NPC while using the skill.

If within melee range is the only time the skill goes up, no one will ever use this skill, as it procs fear when it finishes. Randomly fearing a mob is a quick way to get your party wiped or kicked out of a group. Please make sure you can skill up in Intimidate without being in melee range.

Dabamf
04-26-2010, 08:25 AM
I have been hitting intimidate on all mobs at 3% since I got the skill. At 170ish now on the monk. Takes forever, but it's a workaround at the moment

NotInventedHere
04-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Yeah, it doesn't work perfectly, but there is a bit of a workaround, for now.
It doesn't aggro if it the fear doesn't hit. You can just spam it on every red con non aggro mob and it goes up pretty fast.

PearlJammzz
04-26-2010, 09:59 AM
It also used to work on people's pets, but it doesn't. Has to be an attackable NPC. I have mine up to like 128 or so, but I have to do what dabamf does.

ryuut1
05-18-2010, 09:41 AM
im a little late.

my intimidate just hit 62. you can intimidate other players, npc's, corpses, whatever. it just takes a LOT of tries.

currently i am intimidating the erudite in the NE corner of south ro.

PearlJammzz
05-18-2010, 12:01 PM
You getting skill-ups from PCs/corpse/etc.?

km2783
05-18-2010, 12:46 PM
iirc it only fears when you actually hit with the finishing kick, too.