PDA

View Full Version : NYTimes says....

Salty
02-12-2012, 02:37 AM
...the most important Internet forums for fans of multiplayer online role-playing games, Fires of Heaven.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/11/arts/video-games/kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning-from-38-studios.html?_r=3

Cast
02-12-2012, 03:25 AM
Stealin don't feed the animals. You know better :D

They're just in a panic their server population is fading into nothingness. They want to stir up any drama, any posts, anything at all that can get people thinking about red as opposed to blue. It used to be 2:1 blue to red population when red launched. Then it went down to 3:1 in a hurry.
Nowadays Im not surprised to see 5:1 population most nights.

EQ was not designed as a PvP game. Most of the PvP is fucked and pretty unbalanced. Thats the reason why there were only a couple of PvP servers when there were 30+ other servers running on live. The EQ community, even back then, acknowledged EQ is not a good PvP game by simple supply/demand of PvP servers.

The problem with these red fanatics is they played EQ during their teens (mostly) and have nostalgic memories of playing EQ PvP. Its amazing what nostalgia will sometimes do to people.

In a couple months there will be 50 or 60 people average (if that) and that is about where I suspect the sever population will stabilize around. If you look at other emu servers a population of 50 or 60 is sustainable.. just not much fun for the participants.

bizzum
02-12-2012, 09:47 AM
And this is why paraphrasing can be misleading and dangerous, my friends.

Truth
02-12-2012, 11:49 AM
i have literally always called the NYTimes the toilet paper of records, but they seem to have redeemed themselves a lil. Still doesnt make up for war, greed, clunkers, et al

FoxxHound
02-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Goog read.
I has game.