PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Server Issue: PoF Desynchs

Trystych
02-11-2012, 01:31 PM
For the past 3 weeks there have been extreme desynch issues in plane of fear when CT is up.

nilbog
02-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Can you explain what happens?

Trystych
02-11-2012, 02:35 PM
Things appear as normal until CT gets engaged then shortly after the fight begins the entire zone whether they are fighting or not get desynched. There have been 80+ in fear lately but until recently that has never been an issue.

CT location and HP appears different to clients, and attacks stop registering.

ElanoraBryght
02-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Could this be related to the troubles with logging in that happen several times a week? Sometimes even several times a day. I'm talking about the times when no one can get past server select until Rogean wiggles a wire or flips a switch somewhere.

(Amelinda could probably check her text message history for a somewhat accurate list of how often she has to get him to "fix" the connection from server select to blue.)

Shiftin
02-13-2012, 01:44 AM
Just spitballing, but I think it is login related. When 1 guild engages CT, the other mass camps out to avoid the DT cycle. All of those people moving from fear to server/char select at the same time may be the stressor. The desync comes about 30 seconds after the initial DT based on my logs this week, supporting this theory.

I was out dragging and couldn't camp right away at 1 cycle where someone got golem aggro (ie DT cycle) and i desynced on the way back to camp with everyone relogging to clear aggo.

Trystych
02-17-2012, 10:06 PM
The PoF desynch fest has been going strong for an hour now and continues to do so.

Jomar
02-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Yesterday, CT also ran (or appeared to run) beyond the western boundaries of the zone about 25-30 seconds into our second engage to a point where we were unable to pursue him. He basically just took off running for the Northwest corner, and once he got to it, he continued on (along with many of the mobs in the zone) his path despite it being off the zone map. I didn't see what happened after that as he DT'd me from beyond the wall shortly thereafter.

I know I was not desync'd at the time (standard ping, mobs were still pursue'ing me and I could still run into them and they would melee me as normal up until I was DT'd), so it would seem like a major bug that just has never made an appearance before.

Maze513
02-18-2012, 09:19 PM
when a zone has 120 people and every mobs in the zone comes is being affected your going to have alot off issues. I expect the syncing issue to continue but as the the pathing, there might be something to work out there

Harrison
02-18-2012, 09:54 PM
This is not an anomaly.

We have seen this with FB, DA, and now TMO. This is not a new thing to this group of people.

Fountree
02-19-2012, 12:25 PM
Harrison, if you were there you'd know we had 35 max at any point. And we were just as affected by the desynch as IB/VD. Considering they had many more than us in their force, what your implying would actually give them a huge advantage, not us lol. We were down to at some points 16 in zone from a combo of DT's and LDs. To get back on point, this is a serious issue I'd like to see resolved. And also this isn't RNF, so please go troll TMO somewhere else.

Schortt
02-19-2012, 12:34 PM
I didn't see what happened after that as he DT'd me from beyond the wall shortly thereafter.He ended up back at his spawn point eventually and resumed chasing people on his aggro list. By this time all of the kiters were down and the few non-desync'd people left were scattered around the zone trying to find him.

Harrison
02-19-2012, 01:50 PM
I'm not trolling. I am being 100% serious.

The "coincidence" that your guild has an infestation of the former members of the guilds that used to do this to other guilds in the past isn't forgotten by those of us that were there. The question is if they're able to fix and/or find out how it's done.

Daldaen
02-19-2012, 02:22 PM
What about... I don't know... Actually killing some zone trash instead of kiting it all while you bum rush Draco or CT with 100 people. I imagine that'd fix your issue.

Ssleeve
02-19-2012, 02:36 PM
What about... I don't know... Actually killing some zone trash instead of kiting it all while you bum rush Draco or CT with 100 people. I imagine that'd fix your issue.

This guy gets it.

Autotune
02-19-2012, 05:46 PM
I'm not trolling. I am being 100% serious.

The "coincidence" that your guild has an infestation of the former members of the guilds that used to do this to other guilds in the past isn't forgotten by those of us that were there. The question is if they're able to fix and/or find out how it's done.

lol you're such a fucking idiot.

Edit: I suppose I should add something relevant to this. I never noticed this problem until recently.

Things I've noticed that are different than when this wasn't happening.

1) More people in the zone than normally
2) The addition of Epic drops being added to loot tables
3) The corpse bug, where it does not update corpse locations between clients and the server *****
4) Login server happens to crash/bug out 1-3 times a day or every other day.

Things that are the same.

1) same guilds (ib/vd/tmo)
2) same tactics (killing CT with the zone up)

The only thing I've noticed with the game that is similar with the desync is the corpse locations bug. To me it seems to be the advanced stage of this problem where too many npcs/pcs are moving and the server can't keep up with locations for all of them in relationship to each other. Something is causing an issue and making people desync. The only other zone i've ever seen this happen with is Skyfire, around the same time the corpse bug appeared, where bards who started stacking large enough kites would get desync'd and completely smashed by their kites.

The desyncing of bards in skyfire happened before the frequent problems with the login and leads me to believe that the logging in and out does not have any affect on the fear/CT problem. Infact, most of the people in TMO that tried to login where immediately getting desync'd while people already in the game (some in tmo and ib that i talked to) where not experiencing any problems. Any problems until they engaged CT and wiped twice, after their 2nd wipe there were considerably less people in the zone and TMO was able to kill CT with little to no desyncing problems.

The week prior TMO wiped to desyncing and IB/VD were able to kill him with no problems. Usually when a guild wipes and there are less people is when the zone experiences less of a problem. I suppose people logging in and out would cause a problem due to just adding more people into the zone.

Shiftin
02-19-2012, 07:48 PM
A lot of your post is either intentionally wrong or doesn't belong here. Last week from my logs, between 32 and 35 seconds after ct initial death touches, desyncs started. What takes 30 seconds to happen? Last week and this week we desynced on every single mass camp out. you weren't in our vent or guildchat, don't speak for us.

This is a reproducible, very real issue. If you want to make rebuttals to the claims that you were desyncing the zone on purpose by calling camps before we engaged, do it in rnf or let your actual officers deal with those petitions in the proper channels. Please dont marginalize a real bug that actually needs fixing by claiming it didnt happen in circumstances where it clearly did.

Autotune
02-19-2012, 08:29 PM
A lot of your post is either intentionally wrong or doesn't belong here. Last week from my logs, between 32 and 35 seconds after ct initial death touches, desyncs started. What takes 30 seconds to happen? Last week and this week we desynced on every single mass camp out. you weren't in our vent or guildchat, don't speak for us.

This is a reproducible, very real issue. If you want to make rebuttals to the claims that you were desyncing the zone on purpose by calling camps before we engaged, do it in rnf or let your actual officers deal with those petitions in the proper channels. Please dont marginalize a real bug that actually needs fixing by claiming it didnt happen in circumstances where it clearly did.

TMO was desyncing the entire time before your guild wiped twice to CT engages.

What takes place the hour before you engaged?

TMO has desync'd upon engaging CT previously.

What takes place the few seconds prior?

Why does it only affect some people and not others?

I've pulled draco away from CT on an engage without desyncing. Last week on our engage I attempted the same thing and got desync'd and then DT'd.

You only imply. I simply stated exactly what I have seen and heard others say. You can bring your Tinfoil hats to the bug report tho, it's pretty hilarious.

Edit: the very first time the Desyncing occur'd was against TMO on CT engage in which the entire zone was up and IB/VD camped out to avoid the DT cycle and trains that occur after. Perhaps it is you causing this bug?

Harrison
02-19-2012, 08:43 PM
False. This happened back when FB was intentionally lagging PoF to oust competition and/or get to their camps safely.

I don't know if you were around back then Auto, but it happened, and often.

This isn't new.

Autotune
02-19-2012, 08:49 PM
False. This happened back when FB was intentionally lagging PoF to oust competition and/or get to their camps safely.

I don't know if you were around back then Auto, but it happened, and often.

This isn't new.

I know it happened back then.

I'm saying, the first time it happened recently (as this thread is about) was first noticed on a CT engage by TMO, we all wiped due to desyncs. (this is actually one time that i had Draco aggro and pulled him away from CT).

This is the first time it's happened (as the thread suggests: recently).

This desync effect was happening in skyfire with large bard pulls. Where the bard would be running, but getting wacked by his entire train that was no where close to his screen. When you log back in, your corpse would be no where near where you died on your screen. Which was before the epic patch and after the frequent beginning of the corpse bug (where corpses appear in a camp after being dragged to a player but they cannot rez it).

Daldaen
02-20-2012, 01:03 AM
If your tactics aren't working because they are causing the zone to have issues... change your tactics. Refer to my previous post. Kill trash and don't kite entire zone, this won't happen.

bizzum
02-20-2012, 01:14 AM
If your tactics aren't working because they are causing the zone to have issues... change your tactics. Refer to my previous post. Kill trash and don't kite entire zone, this won't happen.

Kiting the zone did not result in this issues pre-epics. The same tactics have been used for months and months with no problems until just recently. Why the tactics might exacerbate the problem, they are not the cause of it. Pulling Draco without anything be trained around last pop made people desynch.

Something that previously wasn't happening is happening now, and its none of this conspiracy zone crashing theories because everybody involved hates it and it screws over both sides equally.

Shiftin
02-20-2012, 01:17 AM

please don't post if you have no idea what is going on.

Harrison
02-20-2012, 05:13 AM
I know it happened back then.

I'm saying, the first time it happened recently (as this thread is about) was first noticed on a CT engage by TMO, we all wiped due to desyncs. (this is actually one time that i had Draco aggro and pulled him away from CT).

This is the first time it's happened (as the thread suggests: recently).

This desync effect was happening in skyfire with large bard pulls. Where the bard would be running, but getting wacked by his entire train that was no where close to his screen. When you log back in, your corpse would be no where near where you died on your screen. Which was before the epic patch and after the frequent beginning of the corpse bug (where corpses appear in a camp after being dragged to a player but they cannot rez it).

Okay, I apologize. I thought you were blatantly ignoring the past and trying to suggest this is some new thing that has never happened before.

IF it is a bug, and I seriously think it is more like a bug that is being exploited, we can all agree it needs fixing/research.

cyryllis
02-20-2012, 05:53 AM
yeah totally being exploited...jfc get out of this thread, you are a moron.

All guilds involved in said fear raids have had a terrible issue with the mass LD and desynchs lately. No one is intentionally causing these issues, and you are delusional if you truly believe that either guild is magically forcing this error to happen.

Desynching is a known issue to happen in multiple zones in which large numbers of mobs are all aggro and being kited. As it has been said already, this issue has happened many times in the past in zones such as skyfire, during AE groups...however, for some reason (maybe partly due to the decreased server/login stability lately) it is now rendering CT raids a complete shit storm.

No tactics have been changed, but now for some reason this particular raid encounter ends up with half of the zones player population completely desynch or instant LD once it starts happening. I find it hard to imagine anyone actually gaining any benefit from this bug, as it greatly hinders both raid forces equally. I personally got desynched on the 2nd attempt IB/VD made on CT as soon as he was engaged, despite not even being near the encounter or the train- and I was not the only one experiencing this issue.

For fucks sake, TMO lost a CT recently due to the majority of the raid desynching immediately upon engage...

Do you even play? Or do you simply whine, tinfoil, and dwell in RnF so much that you have lost any semblance of a rational thought process?

/rant off

Daldaen
02-20-2012, 10:10 AM
please don't post if you have no idea what is going on.

Lots of mobs on aggro leads to desynching it pretty simple. And so is my prescription for fixing it.

Cazic's event was designed so that you clear most of the zone before engaging him. Just like Tunare. I never heard of anyone kiting the trash in classic or kunark mainly because connections sucked balls back then.

But prove me wrong. Clear fear each a few times while cazic is in window and see if desynching occurs. You know it won't because you aren't kiting around an entire zone worth of mobs.

Whether it happened pre epics or not IMO is irrelevant. You're simply trying to get around an event mechanic by kiting trash.

Raavak
02-20-2012, 10:19 AM
The lag was really bad the last too. When you looted your corpse it would appear empty, then every few seconds an item would appear. Also, the ping seemed about normal when you would log in then would crawl up over maybe a 15-20 minute period until you were disconnected.

Then after an a couple hours, everything kind of returned to normal ping-wise?

Calabee
03-24-2012, 02:42 PM
bump, ever since those de-synchs started happening, every single fear raid let it be 6 people or 80 + in zone has been lagged to massive hell and back for me.

It's the only zone where lag is un-playable, as a bard i cant twist more then 1 song in in there... and kiting is a big lol when racing for CT

Corrupted files maybe?

Loly Taa
03-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Ever since the Eye of Zomm changes were reverted. (i.e. everyone in the zone gets position updates of everyone else regardless of distance)

I have not noticed any more bad desyncs. The desync problem started (and ended) with Kanras' changes to Eye of Zomm to make it able to see players at zone-in when you popped it through a wall. A patch or two ago this change was reverted and boom! no more desynchy (Which I had been saying all along about it, just not here I guess.)

Tasslehofp99
03-27-2012, 04:40 AM
Lots of mobs on aggro leads to desynching it pretty simple. And so is my prescription for fixing it.

Cazic's event was designed so that you clear most of the zone before engaging him. Just like Tunare. I never heard of anyone kiting the trash in classic or kunark mainly because connections sucked balls back then.

But prove me wrong. Clear fear each a few times while cazic is in window and see if desynching occurs. You know it won't because you aren't kiting around an entire zone worth of mobs.

Whether it happened pre epics or not IMO is irrelevant. You're simply trying to get around an event mechanic by kiting trash.

He's right, although CT popping causes all of fear to pop. Usually we had to clear fear before engaging Draco/CT to avoid this very issue that people are having.