PDA

View Full Version : With everquest going f2p, still need to buy titanium?

Sumnz
02-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Anyone know if we will just be able to download what we need in march, and play on the 1999 servers. I think I would like them more, as I heard the later content was pretty broken, and the free play thru sony is pretty limited anyway from what I am reading about it.

fischsemmel
02-06-2012, 09:33 PM
With everquest going f2p, still NEED to buy titanium?

No.

Sumnz
02-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Nice, guess me and my wife will be playing in march then.

bizzum
02-06-2012, 10:32 PM
You could start playing now if you really wanted to! Buying in March makes ya wait :(

Sumnz
02-07-2012, 01:56 AM
You could start playing now if you really wanted to! Buying in March makes ya wait :(

I think you misunderstood, im waiting till march so I dont have to buy the copies, i can just download the client when it goes F2P, and play it on this server since I mostly liked the first 3 packs anyway, and not be limited to 2 characters, 4 races and limited to the classes of cleric, fighter, rogue or wizard. Shaman paladin and conjuror were always my favorites. and if you play "free" on their f2p, you have to buy the races you want, classes you want, and cant do things like use auction houses or other basic niceties.

Hailto
02-07-2012, 04:41 AM
Check pm

Pscottdai
02-07-2012, 05:52 AM
You will not get the Titanium client if you try and download when it goes F2P. It will be their most current client that will be downloaded.

jimlthor
02-09-2012, 02:12 AM
I think you misunderstood, im waiting till march so I dont have to buy the copies, i can just download the client when it goes F2P, and play it on this server since I mostly liked the first 3 packs anyway, and not be limited to 2 characters, 4 races and limited to the classes of cleric, fighter, rogue or wizard. Shaman paladin and conjuror were always my favorites. and if you play "free" on their f2p, you have to buy the races you want, classes you want, and cant do things like use auction houses or other basic niceties.

This made me laugh..

falkun
02-09-2012, 08:37 AM
Do note that playing on this server will also lack some "basic niceties" like auction houses, PoK books, Cats on the Moon, Dragon-men, shaman-mages, and warrior-rogues.

SyanideGas
02-09-2012, 08:50 AM
This made me laugh..
noted

Galaa
02-09-2012, 10:04 AM
just wondering, if u downloaded the game client from EQ live, is it possible to edit the files from that installation so that it will work in P99?

Might be useful to know for people who dont have EQ and likes to obtain stuffs in legit ways.

maultar
02-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Then they can play in "legit" ways. They can play the f2p server. It's not hard to usb copy somones p99 EQ folder and copy the shortcut.

Casey
02-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Wow, just wow..

No grandpa, you won't get raided by the FBI if you download some software you've already purchased at some point. Jesus christ..

Secrets
02-14-2012, 11:30 AM
No, you will need EQ Titanium as that's the client that works with this server out of the box.

EQLive will patch you to EQLive, always had, always will. That's the whole point in focusing on a box set in the first place, it's readily available for some time and then appears elsewhere.

That being said, when EQLive goes f2p, you always have that as an option to play. Just keep in mind it's not p1999 ;)