PDA

View Full Version : Raiding on Project 1999

anthony210
04-23-2010, 11:56 PM
Before I start this, just let me say I am all for competition and these are my opinions not really those of my guild.

While I was at work this morning at 8am EST, I recieved a text message that Vox was up. I thought to myself shit there goes another one I wont be able to participate in. Then an hour later I get another one saying Naggy was up. There goes yet another one.

So I go on throughout the day thinking hey well theres a couple others still due over the weekend so maybe we can get something...

I get home and log in to find out every raid mob is down and none will be in their window over the weekend. Then im back to work on monday, and with the way things are going all the raid bosses will spawn at all wierd hours of the night and morning preventing me or most of my guild from even attempting it.

It seems to me that only one guild is getting most of the mobs. Every once in a blue moon another guild will get lucky and snag one. In my case we got Naggy when the servers came back online, lucky for me it was on a friday and I stayed up until 5am to help. The other time we managed to get one we had to make an entire guild effort to camp one zone for days on end (Vox) to make sure we had 15 in the zone at all times when she spawned.

Is this really what the majority of the server wants to deal with? Raid alerts at 5am on weekdays to try to get a raid boss? Camping for multiple days? If so then ignore me but if not why dont we try to come up with some new ideas. Because IMO the current spawn variance is not working.

Droxx
04-24-2010, 12:03 AM
Don't get offended, but this is how it was on most servers. It's kind of a nut up or shut up deal. Put in the effort and get the reward. Clearly one guild is putting in more effort than the rest.

Gwence
04-24-2010, 12:04 AM
so would you have made this post if vox and/or naggy had spawned in your playable hours?

Some of us have no jobs, live in our mom's basement, and never ever take showers. We need this please, we have nothing else!!

anthony210
04-24-2010, 12:13 AM
If the mobs actually spawned at differant times giving all time zones a fair chance then no I would not have posted this.

But in my experiance. Every boss ive killed I had to stay up until the early morning to kill said boss.

Why is it that most of the spawns happen at such wierd hours? Ever since spawn variance was implemented the bosses have been spawning in the wee hours of the night and never at a normal time for people that live in the US and actually have jobs.

Maybe I have just been unlucky, but if thats the case I have been unlucky from Day 1 because like I said ive never killed a raid boss at normal time. Always early in the morning.

Perhaps add a greater chance of spawning at a certain timeframe within the said spawn window. IE if a boss is killed at 1pm, then make it so there is a good chance he will spawn between 5pm and 10pm the next time, then 12am and 5am etc. This way every guild no matter what time zone has a good chance of something spawning in their play times instead of having to alarm clock raid in the middle of the week.

Droxx
04-24-2010, 12:20 AM
IE if a boss is killed at 1pm, then make it so there is a good chance he will spawn between 5pm and 10pm the next time, then 12am and 5am etc.

This still wouldnt help. The problem isn't the spawn variance. The same guilds would get the mob. It's even MORE likely that they would, knowing the window that a mob is going to spawn. The problem here is effort.

Sinlea
04-24-2010, 12:20 AM
They didn't spawn at weird hours today. Some people sleep, other people have jobs, other people spend their afternoons larping or being furries. No matter what happens, someone is going to complain it's not in their playtime.

nicemace
04-24-2010, 12:24 AM
why not just setup a rotation if so many guilds are missing out??

otherwise, just get more hardc0re, yo.

anthony210
04-24-2010, 12:28 AM
That would be fine if it was 1 or 2 mobs that spawned at a wierd time. But ALL of them spawned between 7am and 12pm EST today...

That is one time zone getting all of the mobs.

I really dont mind spawn variance but IMO it needs some tweaking to prevent things like this from happening. For instance if a Naggy had spawned tonight at around 8pm cst. Perhaps IB would not have killed him because other guilds would have enough people online to make a run for it. Same goes for other bosses.

I have nothing against IB, they have enough people to raid at any time which is great for them. This is why it seems like one guild is getting most of the mobs. We can move just as fast if something would spawn during our normal play times but since they dont it makes it very difficult to compete.

Rotation is not the answer. There are too many guilds and too few bosses to set up a rotation without having guilds waiting for weeks for their turn. The system we have now is great if we can just tweak it so that the bosses actually spawn at random times instead of all at once.

Droxx
04-24-2010, 12:28 AM
There was a rotation. And that wasn't good enough either.

Droxx
04-24-2010, 12:29 AM
If one guild can mobilize at odd hours, why can't you?

anthony210
04-24-2010, 12:35 AM
If one guild can mobilize at odd hours, why can't you?

Because every guild doesnt have enough members to cover every time zone. What can I do to compete if I get a text message while at work that a mob spawns? I cant do anything about it. That is not competition, that is in fact lack of competition since it seems only one guild has enough players to cover every time zone.

If competition is what everyone desires that a random spawn would be no problem at all. Everyone has their fair shot at something spawning in their respective time zones. That would be competition.

Right now you have the bosses spawning at wierd times and only 1 guild able to field a raid force to kill them. Where is the competition in that?

Samuel
04-24-2010, 12:36 AM
Not completely on topic, but...

Today Vox spawned at 7am est, then Inny a couple hours later and then CT a couple hours later (the OP says Naggy too, wasn't aware).

If these four targets are on a +/- 48 hours variance as stated here...

"Spawn Variance

A variance of +/- 48 hours will be added to the following: Lord Nagafen, Lady Vox, Cazic-Thule, Innoruuk.
A variance of +/- 24 hours will be added to the following: Dracoliche, Maestro of Rancor.
*Phinigel will remain a static 12 hour spawn."

...What are the odds that these mobs respawn in this type of sequential order?

Droxx
04-24-2010, 12:44 AM
every guild doesnt have enough members
Then this isn't a problem with the variance.

anthony210
04-24-2010, 12:45 AM
3 major raid bosses spawned within 5 hours of eachother. Vox spawned at aroud 6am CST, Naggy spawned at around 7am CST, followed by CT at 12pm or so CST.

Im not sure about Inny but I think he spawned sometime in their as well.

Massive coincidence I guess...

And yes the spawn times are a problem when they ALL happen in one time zone. It prevents the other time zones from getting a fair shot at the mobs.

Droxx
04-24-2010, 12:48 AM
It's gotta be GM favoritism.

Samuel
04-24-2010, 12:53 AM
Inny spawned on IB while they were in hate, after they killed Vox and before CT spawned.

It's gotta be GM favoritism.

Or a problem with the "variance?" Don't use the same bullshit responses to deflect from an issue people want to discuss.

Droxx
04-24-2010, 01:03 AM
Massive coincidence I guess...
That is clearly what he wants to discuss.

anthony210
04-24-2010, 01:15 AM
That is clearly what he wants to discuss.

No there is no GM favoritism. No one said that so I dont even know why you brought it up.

The problem is the variance was put in so that the bosses would spawn at differant times and they are not doing that. They are spawning within hours of eachother when they are supposed to be on a +/- 48 hour variance. Thats a 4 day window... The chances of all 4 major bosses spawning within 5 hours of eachother is pretty slim but its happaned multiple times already so obviously something is not working properly.

nicemace
04-24-2010, 01:18 AM
you guys are getting trolled.

Dabamf
04-24-2010, 01:24 AM
Not completely on topic, but...

Today Vox spawned at 7am est, then Inny a couple hours later and then CT a couple hours later (the OP says Naggy too, wasn't aware).

If these four targets are on a +/- 48 hours variance as stated here...

"Spawn Variance

A variance of +/- 48 hours will be added to the following: Lord Nagafen, Lady Vox, Cazic-Thule, Innoruuk.
A variance of +/- 24 hours will be added to the following: Dracoliche, Maestro of Rancor.
*Phinigel will remain a static 12 hour spawn."

The odds are 100%, because it happened.

Variance has been in a while. This is the first time IIRC that so many raid targets spawned at similar times. Welcome to random number generators.

To the OP, I live in Asia and play completely opposite times as the USA, and I feel like every spawn is always while I'm at work. How could we have completely opposite experiences? It's basic psychology that outliers stick out in our mind more than commonalities, and the result is we mistakenly rely on our memories to draw patterns, which results in skewed perceptions of chance events.

The variance system is the best system we could have. Raid spawns are unpredictable, practically uncampable, and could happen at 9pm EST when 600 people are on or at 5am when 200 are. It's as fair as it possibly could be.

Jify
04-24-2010, 01:40 AM

Variance has been in a while. This is the first time IIRC that so many raid targets spawned at similar times. Welcome to random number generators.

To the OP, I live in Asia and play completely opposite times as the USA, and I feel like every spawn is always while I'm at work. How could we have completely opposite experiences? It's basic psychology that outliers stick out in our mind more than commonalities, and the result is we mistakenly rely on our memories to draw patterns, which results in skewed perceptions of chance events.

The variance system is the best system we could have. Raid spawns are unpredictable, practically uncampable, and could happen at 9pm EST when 600 people are on or at 5am when 200 are. It's as fair as it possibly could be.

+1

I get many text messages while at work, or sleeping, etc. IB doesn't have 15 people in every time zone. It has hardcore group of members that will log in at any time to raid. There are no cheats, no hacks, no exploits, etc(not saying that you said there was). There is only determination and effort, of which IB puts in LOTS.

Gwence
04-24-2010, 01:41 AM
We definitely dont have enough members to cover every time zone. In fact divinity has way more members than IB.

TheDudeAbides
04-24-2010, 01:50 AM

Raid mobs are currently being camped

yaaaflow
04-24-2010, 02:13 AM

To clear this up, the odds are actually 50/50 because it either happens or it doesn't.

Tsuken
04-24-2010, 02:21 AM
I would propose to have the spawn variance removed again, because it's not classic and it's not fun. Instead I would like to see something organized on the forums, so guilds will know in advance which target they're gonna get and when he will spawn. I think that's how it was organized on my server.

Webwolf
04-24-2010, 02:30 AM
I say put the mobs on their original timers, take the GMs out the picture and let it be FFA. Let the strongest win. You guys are a bunch of wussies.

Dabamf
04-24-2010, 02:36 AM
To clear this up, the odds are actually 50/50 because it either happens or it doesn't.

Incorrect sir. After-the-fact odds are either 0 or 1 (it didn't happen, or it did), and before the fact odds for 4 raid mobs to spawn within a couple hours are quite significantly less than 50%, certainly under 10%. The point of my post earlier was that a rare event happening is not evidence against the event being rare.

But the nature of random events dictates that events that are highly unlikely in a single circumstance become extremely likely to occur at some point over time. And this is what happened here.

Anyway, OP is just another "I'm not happy with the raid targets we're getting, therefore the rules are unfair" post, just like the 12 we've had before.

Uaellaen
04-24-2010, 02:55 AM
well i have to agree with the OP that it is kinda odd that they ALL spawned within a 5 hour window, when they all have been killed on saturday within a 2 hour window ... so every mob only poped almost exactly after 6 days ... wich is indeed a weird coincidence ...

given that they CAN spawn within a 96 hour window after 5 days, all of them spawned 5 days + 26 ~29 hours ... the odds of /ran 5760 (possible spawn each minute) or /ran 345600 (possible spawn each second) to all be within the same segment should be near to impossible ...

so maybe the spawn variation is not "variating" enought, and needs to be looked into ...

But the nature of random events dictates that events that are highly unlikely in a single circumstance become extremely likely to occur at some point over time. And this is what happened here.

yeah .. over time ... but this here is not over time .. they ALL been killed within a certain window of each others, and basicly also respawned within almost the exact same window ... of course it is entierly possible that this is coincidence, but highly unlikley ...

your statement is true if the mobs are killed within a large variation of time ... wich makes it more likley that at some point they may cross spawn times again ... but the closer the mobs are killed after each others, the more unlikley it is that on a random event they will all repop in roughly the same window again ...

yaaaflow
04-24-2010, 03:00 AM
Nah you guys are making the odds sound way too complex yo, it either happens or it doesn't, 50/50.

anthony210
04-24-2010, 03:07 AM
Incorrect sir. After-the-fact odds are either 0 or 1 (it didn't happen, or it did), and before the fact odds for 4 raid mobs to spawn within a couple hours are quite significantly less than 50%, certainly under 10%. The point of my post earlier was that a rare event happening is not evidence against the event being rare.

Anyway, OP is just another "I'm not happy with the raid targets we're getting, therefore the rules are unfair" post, just like the 12 we've had before.

This has nothing to do with the rules. Yes of course I am unhappy that I get to kill 1 raid target a month because they always seem to spawn when I cannot get online.

My issue is with the spawn variance not working properly, not with IB and not with the raid rules.

Dabamf
04-24-2010, 03:18 AM
well i have to agree with the OP that it is kinda odd that they ALL spawned within a 5 hour window, when they all have been killed on saturday within a 2 hour window ... so every mob only poped almost exactly after 6 days ... wich is indeed a weird coincidence ...

given that they CAN spawn within a 96 hour window after 5 days, all of them spawned 5 days + 26 ~29 hours ... the odds of /ran 5760 (possible spawn each minute) or /ran 345600 (possible spawn each second) to all be within the same segment should be near to impossible ...

so maybe the spawn variation is not "variating" enought, and needs to be looked into ...

yeah .. over time ... but this here is not over time .. they ALL been killed within a certain window of each others, and basicly also respawned within almost the exact same window ... of course it is entierly possible that this is coincidence, but highly unlikley ...

your statement is true if the mobs are killed within a large variation of time ... wich makes it more likley that at some point they may cross spawn times again ... but the closer the mobs are killed after each others, the more unlikley it is that on a random event they will all repop in roughly the same window again ...

Spawn variance has been in for quite a while.

of course it is entierly possible that this is coincidence, but highly unlikley ...The occurrence of a rare event is not evidence against said event being rare.

Uaellaen
04-24-2010, 03:22 AM
im not saying its not possible ... im just saying that event is so highly unlikley, that a cross check would be justified ... we will see in 5days + ~96 hours if the mobs spawn again in roughly the same window, or if the window will double again ... none of that should be possible since both would indicate linearity ... so its a moot point to discuss this further for at least 4,5 more days ;)

Dabamf
04-24-2010, 03:26 AM
Nah you guys are making the odds sound way too complex yo, it either happens or it doesn't, 50/50.

Learn stats yo. You either win the lottery or you don't, but that's certainly not 50/50.

Uaellaen
04-24-2010, 03:28 AM
Learn stats yo. You either win the lottery or you don't, but that's certainly not 50/50.

noooo you just crushed my dreams ... i thought only me and 1 other is playing lotto >< and there i was cursing that fekker for years for always winning over me ...

Dabamf
04-24-2010, 03:44 AM
im not saying its not possible ... im just saying that event is so highly unlikley,

I'm saying that variance has been in the game for a while now, and this is the first time we've had multiple raid mobs spawn after roughly the same time since death. After this amount of time, a singular unlikely event become likely in the long run.

What happened was actually a likely occurrence. Now if it happens 3 times in a row, you can actually start questioning things. But variance has been pretty...variant...since it was implemented. One instance where the random number happens to land in the same region for multiple raid mobs does not mean that it is not still, in fact, random.

Audacious93c
04-24-2010, 03:59 AM
Maestro and Draco spawned around the same time as well. Vox, then Naggy, then Inny and lastly Cazic were the order today. Cant really prove anything without looking at the source code. But thats pretty obvious. I guess what we need to happen next is to have all of them spawn on top of each other next week. That is, if something isnt done behind the scenes (which is pretty classic too if you think about how Verant fixed bugs haha).

The variance is an issue, yes. Those that disagree, are either on the receiving side of the issue (in this case IB) or they are a lemming. Dark Ascension killed Cazic today from my understanding but IB was on their tail the entire time (which sounds like hours of waiting for them to clear fear due to raid rules? lol) The issue wouldnt be near as much of a problem as it is if charm wasnt as stable as it is in its current state. Yes, the GM's have made some major dents against charm lately. But it is still a major tool when fighting raid targets, which isnt classic and the people that disagree can refer back to the people that disagree with the variance being messed up. Subbing out gear for pure charisma gain to get a stable charm at 255 charisma is how to do it in today's P1999 client unfortunately.

Instead of listing the ways Ive learned how IB is doing raid mobs with little to no people. Ill just say, that it took quite a few more people to kill raid mobs in classic and PETS werent the tanks. Take away the non-classic stable charm, and you'll cut off the snakes head which is IB. Moles are a terrible thing to have in a guild.

Jete
04-24-2010, 04:02 AM
Maestro and Draco spawned around the same time as well. Vox, then Naggy, then Inny and lastly Cazic were the order today. Cant really prove anything without looking at the source code. But thats pretty obvious. I guess what we need to happen next is to have all of them spawn on top of each other next week. That is, if something isnt done behind the scenes (which is pretty classic too if you think about how Verant fixed bugs haha).

The variance is an issue, yes. Those that disagree, are either on the receiving side of the issue (in this case IB) or they are a lemming. Dark Ascension killed Cazic today from my understanding but IB was on their tail the entire time (which sounds like hours of waiting for them to clear fear due to raid rules? lol) The issue wouldnt be near as much of a problem as it is if charm wasnt as stable as it is in its current state. Yes, the GM's have made some major dents against charm lately. But it is still a major tool when fighting raid targets, which isnt classic and the people that disagree can refer back to the people that disagree with the variance being messed up. Subbing out gear for pure charisma gain to get a stable charm at 255 charisma is how to do it in today's P1999 client unfortunately.

Instead of listing the ways Ive learned how IB is doing raid mobs with little to no people. Ill just say, that it took quite a few more people to kill raid mobs in classic and PETS werent the tanks. Take away the non-classic stable charm, and you'll cut off the snakes head which is IB. Moles are a terrible thing to have in a guild.

Fail attempt at a troll.

Uaellaen
04-24-2010, 04:04 AM
ll just say, that it took quite a few more people to kill raid mobs in classic and PETS werent the tanks.

i agree 100% on that statement .. thats why im pushing the "npc caster" issue in the bugs section so hard, because i do belive this is tied to the resists beeing not classic ... as far as i know the charm runs every tick a resist check with a % chance to break ... so as lower the resist %, the lower the breack % chance ... correct me if im wrong ...

Murferoo
04-24-2010, 05:35 AM
Ill just say, that it took quite a few more people to kill raid mobs in classic and PETS werent the tanks.. Moles are a terrible thing to have in a guild.

Absolutely agree. The reliance on pets, whether charmed or mage/necro is over the top in this incarnation of EQ.

Dabamf
04-24-2010, 07:00 AM
Instead of listing the ways Ive learned how IB is doing raid mobs with little to no people. ... Moles are a terrible thing to have in a guild.

lol, troll attempt would be less obvious if it wasn't so soon after you found out that IB people can 4 man mobs that your guild wipes on with 27, thanks to pets (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6339&page=2) (and lol that they're not even charmed pets)

your love for IB almost rivals taluvil

TheDudeAbides
04-24-2010, 07:26 AM
lol, troll attempt would be less obvious if it wasn't so soon after you found out that IB people can 4 man mobs that your guild wipes on with 27, thanks to pets (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6339&page=2) (and lol that they're not even charmed pets)

He was buffed a few patches ago

I'm sure 4 mages chain casting pets wouldn't have much of a problem considering how OP their pets are atm, but /shrug, where's the fun in that? Secondly, pets on this server aren't really that consistent with classic TBH. A lot of game mechanics here, especially charm and pets are WAY OP. I don't necessarily begrudge anyone for exploiting those faulty mechanics and gearing themselves that way though. To each their own, but I wouldn't be so quick if I were you to trumpet exploiting game mechanics. Raids on this server do not reflect classic in any way shape or form.

I doubt it's the intention of the development team for the content here to basically be a small raid force kicking back in lawn chairs as a charm pet gets complete healed for victory. A Dev want to chime in here? Is that your intent? Was it your intention to have chain casted pets be able to take down a 32K HP mob who quads for 300 in rapid succession? Is it your intention to have charmed planar mobs tank bosses while the raid force just hangs out doing nothing? Is it your intention to be able to harmony maestro room and single pull him? I seem to remember someone telling me I was stupid for claiming it could be done and low and behold that same person was at the raid the other day as it was being done by his guild. /shrug go figure.

I think this needs to be addressed before any new content comes out. I mean seriously. The guilds starting to raid now haven't had the luxury to farm bosses exploiting pets and charm for months like other guilds have. Once again to each their own, I don't begrudge anyone for doing it, but is this what we want the end game to really be? Charmed planar mobs?

Maestro can be done with 1 cleric and 1 enchanter. Working as intended? Personally, if I wanted to be greedy I could keep my mouth shut and allow these broken end game mechanics to continue, but your endless trolling and sh*t talking is starting to get really annoying. Maybe you should chill?

Uaellaen
04-24-2010, 08:35 AM
nm ..

Gwence
04-24-2010, 08:40 AM

Man you are so knowledgable about everything it blows my mind. I just gotta say that if their is 1 person out there that has the ability to get 27 people together and take down Brother Zephyl successfully, it has got to be you!

Gwence
04-24-2010, 08:54 AM
crap, I spoke to soon (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6339).

Oldschooler
04-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Just call in inglourious basters on a monday around 5am, those jobless morons will come zerg your target for you, they have nothing else to use their time on anyway.

mitic
04-24-2010, 10:02 AM
make em bossmobs spawn on random timers already

Otto
04-24-2010, 11:00 AM
7 months into the server and people still can't stop raging at us

Alawen Everywhere
04-24-2010, 11:14 AM
I've wasted over an hour trying to reply to this thread without sounding like an asshole and I'm officially giving up.

Jinsho, stop being such a fucking pussy. The rest of you calling us expoiters and jobless morons, fuck off. You play as much as we do. You're just not very good at it. Play better or shut the fuck up. Threads like this one just make sure the whole server knows you're a loser and a whiner.

Oldschooler
04-24-2010, 11:14 AM
7 months into the server and people still can't stop raging at us

7 months into the server and you still haven't changed your underpants.

Otto
04-24-2010, 11:16 AM
7 months into the server and you still haven't changed your underpants.

I knew something was starting to stink. afk.

ulrich
04-24-2010, 11:18 AM
The spawn time is screwed if that many raid targets popped in a few hours. The odds that all raid targets that have a +/- 24 or 48 Hour spawn time pop within a few hours of each other almost exactly 6 days after being killed. 1 in 800 ?

So as it is now. All you Raiders remember when they were killed. Because they WILL spawn around the same time. If it was 6 days than they all spawned. They will all spawn again 6 days +1-4 hours of the last kill. If they don't all spawn on that same day you can slap me around and call me whatever name you want.

nicemace
04-24-2010, 11:22 AM
10 buck says next round of spawns are totally random and no way near each other which will prove that this thread is pointless.

Otto
04-24-2010, 11:23 AM
I'm hoping they'll spawn on the 8th or 9th day of their potential spawn time. then it'll be the weekend and no one can complain.

babies. all of you!

eqholmes
04-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Alawen why are you so mad? People that call you jobless morons losers basement folks are jealous that they cant do the same and log in at 4am for a raid target (I know I am jealous sometimes cuz I dont want responabilty either, but some of us got to pay bills!!!!) Its clear most everyone except people in IB dont/cant login at 4am to kill raid targets. I for one also would like the variance to droped to be honest, for one it isnt "classic" secondly I would think other guilds would have a better shot, since I'm willing to bet people will have a 15man force camp 15hours ahead of the known spawn time to get a kill they wanted bad enough, at this point I doubt IB needs the gear enough to do that such thing and it would give others a chance, like divinity did a month ago on vox. They wanted her BAD, so they camped her with a raid force and got her, much respect for that! Again these are my options and everyone has them, just like everyone has assholes.

Homles 50 nerco
Dark Ascenison

Jify
04-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Alawen why are you so mad? People that call you jobless morons losers basement folks are jealous that they cant do the same and log in at 4am for a raid target (I know I am jealous sometimes cuz I dont want responabilty either, but some of us got to pay bills!!!!) Its clear most everyone except people in IB dont/cant login at 4am to kill raid targets. I for one also would like the variance to droped to be honest, for one it isnt "classic" secondly I would think other guilds would have a better shot, since I'm willing to bet people will have a 15man force camp 15hours ahead of the known spawn time to get a kill they wanted bad enough, at this point I doubt IB needs the gear enough to do that such thing and it would give others a chance, like divinity did a month ago on vox. They wanted her BAD, so they camped her with a raid force and got her, much respect for that! Again these are my options and everyone has them, just like everyone has assholes.

Homles 50 nerco
Dark Ascenison

Well if mobs are guaranteed to spawn within 6 days +- 4 hours, why don't you continue to camp them if you really want them? I mean, it's LESS time than a 7 day camp. This should be the perfect opportunity for you!

Or.. do you just not need the gear that badly?

Oldschooler
04-24-2010, 11:45 AM
The rest of you calling us expoiters and jobless morons, fuck off. You play as much as we do. You're just not very good at it. Play better or shut the fuck up.

Being able to raid at 5am in the morning has nothing to do with being good at anything, im sorry to break the news to you buddy.

You managed to group up the biggest amount of social losers in project 1999 and now you poor bastards have to farm the same shit for months during the night.

Sad and pathetic.

eqholmes
04-24-2010, 11:46 AM
Well if mobs are guaranteed to spawn within 6 days +- 4 hours, why don't you continue to camp them if you really want them? I mean, it's LESS time than a 7 day camp. This should be the perfect opportunity for you!

Or.. do you just not need the gear that badly?

I don't recall myself saying or thinking that the spawns will happen 6 days + - 4 hours, but thanks for putting words in my mouth. As I said I dont like the variance for my reasons in my above post. And as for needing gear, as a nerco im pretty set, I would like to get our melees some weapons tho :)

Holmes 50 nerco
Dark Ascenison

Yellow
04-24-2010, 11:53 AM
this thread is straight Fail... Suck it up... You dont know the situation obviously or else you wouldnt bitch about this.... Just leave it as it is... Remember once you make it easier.. or toss rotation back it will all plummet form there...

Jeebus
04-24-2010, 12:06 PM
I've wasted over an hour trying to reply to this thread without sounding like an asshole and I'm officially giving up.

Jinsho, stop being such a fucking pussy. The rest of you calling us expoiters and jobless morons, fuck off. You play as much as we do. You're just not very good at it. Play better or shut the fuck up. Threads like this one just make sure the whole server knows you're a loser and a whiner.

AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Uaellaen
04-24-2010, 12:16 PM
man why does every raid thread has to be derailed in a flame fest about IB, then with IB, then against IB ... cant you fucking morons stay on topic EVER?

the OP never sayd anything about IB and people jump in and drag IB in ... then some IB's + fanclub get pissed and flame back ... and voila next flame thread ...

get a brain, stay on topic ... im starting to get sick of this

Jeebus
04-24-2010, 12:26 PM
man why does every raid thread has to be derailed in a flame fest about IB, then with IB, then against IB ... cant you fucking morons stay on topic EVER?

the OP never sayd anything about IB and people jump in and drag IB in ... then some IB's + fanclub get pissed and flame back ... and voila next flame thread ...

get a brain, stay on topic ... im starting to get sick of this

^ this

Oldschooler
04-24-2010, 12:55 PM
Just sad to see IB ruin the server for everyone else, but i guess it's kinda classic to have one guild full of unemployed people.

Yellow
04-24-2010, 01:06 PM
ib doesnt ruin shit.. they just raise the bar from casual to hardcore

Daydrem
04-24-2010, 01:13 PM
Jinsho didnt start this thread to attack IB or whine over the rules. There are several people who think there might be an issue with the variance not working as it was designed to, Jinsho simply brought it up in public. Just because someone brings up the issue that there might be a problem with the timers doesnt mean they think IB is doing anything wrong. You told him to stop being a pussy, I say you guys need to stop being so damn sensitive. Not EVERYTHING is an attack.

Everyone go smoke a bowl, drink a beer, take a deep breath, streak thru your neighborhood... whatever it is you do to relax.

Oldschooler
04-24-2010, 01:16 PM
ib doesnt ruin shit.. they just raise the bar from casual to hardcore

Nah mate, they just guild invited anyone with a homemade shield and sword.

Uaellaen
04-24-2010, 01:59 PM
Nah mate, they just guild invited anyone with a homemade shield and sword.

if its so simple, why dont you do it?

anyway ... can we get this thread back to where we started please? the variance SEEMS off, it may be possible that its not, lets watch next week and see if all raid mobs pop in the same time frame, or the timeframe x2 or any other linear way again ...

Neno
04-24-2010, 02:00 PM
I knew something was starting to stink. afk.

invest in a poopsock imo

Slugs
04-24-2010, 02:07 PM
I like this thread. Obviously, you can tell who should go back to raiding instanced zones with no competition!

Audacious93c
04-24-2010, 02:10 PM
Haha, hey.. Feel free to message me on the boards and Ill meet you in Rathe and you can send your pets to Zephyl. (You know, since I like to keep my anonymous record that inherently pisses most of you off for w/e reason) Id really like to see it, and I will forever bow down and never point out IB's flaws again. A single group doing that guy is unrealistic. Unless you found some pet in Rathe that is actually worth a damn, cause we went that route as well. Im tempted to think that you guys havent touched Zephyl since he was buffed, which would explain a lot.

Anyways, my apologies for pointing out the guild that is the prime example of whats wrong with the core of the server. Not because of the people, though Im sure some will disagree; but the tactics that are involved in killing boss mobs that they employ. Can't wait to see how Kunark content is trivialized. Im sure we'll be able to charm a named dragon inside of VP to do our work for us. I specifically want too see 30 of my fellow guild members by my side (like classic), rather than 5 enchanters and clerics. Like I said, sorry I chimed in on IB.

Its just....
And Ill never get that message about killing Zephyl, cause I know your talk is better than your walk in a zone with nothing worth a damn to charm. But A+ to your enchanters! :)

Oldschooler
04-24-2010, 02:15 PM
if its so simple, why dont you do it?

anyway ... can we get this thread back to where we started please? the variance SEEMS off, it may be possible that its not, lets watch next week and see if all raid mobs pop in the same time frame, or the timeframe x2 or any other linear way again ...

Because there is no more bearded knights in underpants left to recruit?

There is no thread to get back to, IB will raid zerg anyone, anywhere, anytime, yes even on christmas day.

You cant stop what has no life.

yaaaflow
04-24-2010, 02:18 PM
No enchanters are used in killing zephyl with 3-4 people sorry to disappoint dude :(. Not that that is the point of this thread, which seems to be something along the lines of "what are the odds of this random series of events happening?"

Slugs
04-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Sounds like you wish you were #1

Oldschooler
04-24-2010, 02:28 PM
Sounds like you wish you were #1

About 10 years ago bro when i was 14, didnt you grow up or what?.

TheDudeAbides
04-24-2010, 02:52 PM
No enchanters are used in killing zephyl with 3-4 people sorry to disappoint dude :(. Not that that is the point of this thread, which seems to be something along the lines of "what are the odds of this random series of events happening?"

I never said they were

That doesn't mean that mage pets are not out of balance atm

You see the thing that developers do is tweak game mechanics when one is exploited that makes content trivial, i.e. planar mobs tanking bosses, mage pets being able to be chain casted to down a mob that has 32k and quads for 300 ect. The point of brother zephyr is that he's not really supposed to be killed by 4-5 mages.

For whatever reason that doesn't happen here. I understand it's a free emu server. That's fine. It is what it is. I think it's unfortunate though that a lot of gear has been gained though exploiting these game mechanics like charm. It's also one of the reasons a guild can move from mob to mob in rapid succession. A guild can clear and harmony/single pull maestro fairly quickly and move onto the next target. They are guaranteed not to fail if they are fairly brushed up on it. The problem is other guilds haven't been able to even really "try" raid mobs much, because tracking druids have a raid force up there within 15 minutes calling timers with their chanters and clerics at the ready, that guild having had carte blanche to gear themselves up with charmed planar mobs and fail and fail till they got it right for months.

The thread title is "raiding on p99". That's what raiding on p99 is atm /shrug

Uaellaen
04-24-2010, 03:05 PM
You cant stop what has no life.

i beg to differ .. i am a priest after all.. it IS my specialty ..

Slugs
04-24-2010, 03:39 PM
About 10 years ago bro when i was 14, didnt you grow up or what?.

Don't attack me for being immature and wanting to be in a #1 guild.

Gwence
04-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Jeff sorry to shatter your flame hopes, but we dont use chanter pets to tank raid mobs. In fact over the last few weeks, having a chanter pet has been much more of an annoyance than a benefit.

TheDudeAbides
04-24-2010, 04:12 PM
Jeff sorry to shatter your flame hopes, but we dont use chanter pets to tank raid mobs. In fact over the last few weeks, having a chanter pet has been much more of an annoyance than a benefit.

You're hilarious

I think it's safe to put you in one of the following categories

A) Liar
B) Toadey
C) Stooge
D) Lackey
E) All of the above

You can't harmony Maestro room right Gwence? Charm is working as well as ever. Ask the 2 abhorants that tanked Maestro yesterday. Learn to stack tash and malo on your charmed pets? But you knew this already and are being disingenuous.

Uaellaen
04-24-2010, 04:13 PM
hey guess what ...

Rogean: Fixed a bug with the Random Number Generator not handling values over 32k. This was most noticeable with raid boss spawn variance continuously spawning mobs early in their window.

Audacious93c
04-24-2010, 04:19 PM
I was in the zone to track, only to watch IB (Thats you Gwence) kill Maestro. Sorry if that was a bard pet instead of an enchanter pet. Either way, you used a charmed pet to tank maestro while the rest of your crew chilled back behind a wall. Maestro isnt ridiculously hard, we know. But if you want to split hairs, we can too. Its funny how the same people come to rescue charm every time that it is an issue within the forums. Look, most of us dont care who or what IB does. Your guild is just our best example since you do beat most guilds to their spawns and then use this method to trivialize the encouter. We are just calling out the issue with variance and the pet charm.

At least this issue was recognized with the Variance, and all of you claiming we are trolls and whining are in fact the ones that are trolling and whining.

Rogean: Fixed a bug with the Random Number Generator not handling values over 32k. This was most noticeable with raid boss spawn variance continuously spawning mobs early in their window.

Now pls stfu, thanx.

Uaellaen
04-24-2010, 04:20 PM
let the competition begin ... wuahahaha!

Oldschooler
04-24-2010, 04:33 PM
More IB members on welfare??? Dear lord

Alawen Everywhere
04-24-2010, 04:56 PM
All of this could have been discussed in a much more civil manner without the jealousy and accusations.

guineapig
04-24-2010, 04:58 PM
Well I think the patch notes prove that the suspicions of the OP were correct. End of story and nice catch!

TheDudeAbides
04-24-2010, 05:05 PM
NM

eqholmes
04-24-2010, 05:08 PM

Ya you really showed how civil you are.......Really seems like you owe Jin an apology for calling him pussy when he brought an issue up that was broken. THANK YOU JIN for bringing this to the attention of the devs. Lastly you really show how much an elitist you think you are with the above statement alawen.

anthony210
04-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Alawen,

There was no need for that...

Alawen Everywhere
04-24-2010, 05:27 PM
What in the FUCK are you talking about? Jinsho had no clue that there was a bug in the spawn variance. He specifically proposed a non-random spawn that was weighted toward his own free time.

He just came here to whine about not getting to slay the dragon. He gave the thread the completely ambiguous title of "Raiding on Project 1999" and threw in the whine about "one guild is getting most of the mobs".

As for you, Jinsho, maybe you've forgotten that you introduced yourself to me by stealing my spawn, taunting me and then flaming me on these forums. I also got to see what a horseshit monk you are when you trained your group at that spawn even though the three players in that group had feign death, lull and harmony. Play better or shut the fuck up.

If any of you think Rogean tweaking a random number is going to change anything, you're as stupid and incompetent as Jinsho.

anthony210
04-24-2010, 05:31 PM
First I never stole your spawn. But nice try at derailing.

Second this post was about solutions to the variance not being very random at all. You talk about being civil in a previous post. Why dont you try it yourself.

Oldschooler
04-24-2010, 05:32 PM
What in the FUCK are you talking about? Jinsho had no clue that there was a bug in the spawn variance. He specifically proposed a non-random spawn that was weighted toward his own free time.

He just came here to whine about not getting to slay the dragon. He gave the thread the completely ambiguous title of "Raiding on Project 1999" and threw in the whine about "one guild is getting most of the mobs".

As for you, Jinsho, maybe you've forgotten that you introduced yourself to me by stealing my spawn, taunting me and then flaming me on these forums. I also got to see what a horseshit monk you are when you trained your group at that spawn even though the three players in that group had feign death, lull and harmony. Play better or shut the fuck up.

If any of you think Rogean tweaking a random number is going to change anything, you're as stupid and incompetent as Jinsho.

Poor n00b, go cash in a welfare check, mmmkay retard?

Alawen Everywhere
04-24-2010, 05:44 PM
First I never stole your spawn. But nice try at derailing.

Yes, Jinsho, you did steal my spawn. You and Uweal saw me at the camp when you were running into Paw two hours earlier. If you had left it there, I would have as well, but you felt the need to bring it to the forums. Each of you took your shots at me in the flame thread before I had even registered for the forums. I attempted to defuse the situation by apologizing for calling you nobodies. Instead of apologizing in return and shaking e-hands and being e-friends, you continued to call me names.

I'd say something about karma being a bitch, but this has nothing to do with karma. You're a selfish little prick and you suck at EQ. Fuck you.

Oldschooler
04-24-2010, 05:48 PM
Yes, Jinsho, you did steal my spawn. You and Uweal saw me at the camp when you were running into Paw two hours earlier. If you had left it there, I would have as well, but you felt the need to bring it to the forums. Each of you took your shots at me in the flame thread before I had even registered for the forums. I attempted to defuse the situation by apologizing for calling you nobodies. Instead of apologizing in return and shaking e-hands and being e-friends, you continued to call me names.

I'd say something about karma being a bitch, but this has nothing to do with karma. You're a selfish little prick and you suck at EQ. Fuck you.

Just like yourself, You're a selfish little prick and you suck at EQ. Fuck you moron.

anthony210
04-24-2010, 06:22 PM

Actually Alawen. We rolled up the camp and you were NOT there. Our druid saw the mob up. Uweal and I were in Paw and we ran from inside paw to the near the NK zoneline and still you were not there. Learn to camp mobs. If your not there your not camping it.

We killed the mob and then you whined for hours at us...

Back on the subject. It seems the devs notice the problem and are trying to fix it.

Audacious93c
04-24-2010, 06:25 PM
Out of all the mess thats been said here in the last couple pages, lets see who in IB "doesnt" get banned and who isnt "does." :rolleyes:

Oldschooler
04-24-2010, 06:27 PM
Its a shame IB has to drag the server down but what can you do.

Alawen Everywhere
04-24-2010, 06:32 PM

Actually Alawen. We rolled up the camp and you were NOT there. Our druid saw the mob up. Uweal and I were in Paw and we ran from inside paw to the near the NK zoneline and still you were not there. Learn to camp mobs. If your not there your not camping it.

We killed the mob and then you whined for hours at us...

I was at the camp for two days. Both you and Uweal saw me there when you headed into camp. Myth saw me there when he was dicking around in SK. I left to port a guildie. I was back within ten minutes and there you were. I'm familiar with technicalities of the server rules and I made no effort to interfere with your attempt on the mob.

Afterwards, you taunted me in tells until I got irritated and called you nobodies, then you took it immediately to the forums.

Whining for hours is a flat lie. I put all of you on ignore within minutes. Your lack of satisfaction with this is probably why you started your little flame thread. I was raiding when you started that and I didn't even know about the thread until guildies told me about it later.

This makes you a liar as well as a whining asshole, a shitty gamer and a drama queen. Your mother would be so proud.

Oldschooler
04-24-2010, 06:35 PM
I was at the camp for two days. Both you and Uweal saw me there when you headed into camp. Myth saw me there when he was dicking around in SK. I left to port a guildie. I was back within ten minutes and there you were. I'm familiar with technicalities of the server rules and I made no effort to interfere with your attempt on the mob.

Afterwards, you taunted me in tells until I got irritated and called you nobodies, then you took it immediately to the forums.

Whining for hours is a flat lie. I put all of you on ignore within minutes. Your lack of satisfaction with this is probably why you started your little flame thread. I was raiding when you started that and I didn't even know about the thread until guildies told me about it later.

This makes you a liar as well as a whining asshole, a shitty gamer and a drama queen. Your mother would be so proud.

Why are you using time writing all this bullshit, you got mad bro?

Youre fucking retarded Alawen, get it over it. Your mother is not fucking proud.

anthony210
04-24-2010, 07:00 PM
So you admit you were not there. So we didnt steal your mob as you were not there since you admit to leaving to port someone.

This will be my last response since its not even worth arguing with such this tool.

Alawen Everywhere
04-24-2010, 07:30 PM
What I note is not a single denial that the three of you knew I was at the camp for hours and that you swooped in as fast as possible when I was gone for ten minutes in order to grab a difficult rare spawn on a rules technicality. You made a choice. You decided to save Uweal some time. The cost was that your actions, taunts and flame thread made you an enemy

You had your chance to let it go. You didn't. I gave you another chance to make it right with a simple, "Hey, sorry about the confusion and this flame thread" kind of post. Instead you continued calling me names. You deliberately and repeatedly decided to make an enemy. Now you've got one.

You're not a great player, Jinsho. A great player would have known that green skeletons aggro. A great player would have used feign death, lull or harmony to single pull.

You're not a great guy, Jinsho. A great guy wouldn't steal a rare spawn, taunt someone in tells or flame them afterwards. A great guy wouldn't lie about what happened.

You created the situation. Now you get to deal with it.

Oldschooler
04-24-2010, 07:38 PM
What I note is not a single denial that the three of you knew I was at the camp for hours and that you swooped in as fast as possible when I was gone for ten minutes in order to grab a difficult rare spawn on a rules technicality. You made a choice. You decided to save Uweal some time. The cost was that your actions, taunts and flame thread made you an enemy

You had your chance to let it go. You didn't. I gave you another chance to make it right with a simple, "Hey, sorry about the confusion and this flame thread" kind of post. Instead you continued calling me names. You deliberately and repeatedly decided to make an enemy. Now you've got one.

You're not a great player, Jinsho. A great player would have known that green skeletons aggro. A great player would have used feign death, lull or harmony to single pull.

You're not a great guy, Jinsho. A great guy wouldn't steal a rare spawn, taunt someone in tells or flame them afterwards. A great guy wouldn't lie about what happened.

You created the situation. Now you get to deal with it.

Seriously stfu retard

Gwence
04-24-2010, 07:53 PM
He was dual weilding Jeff and raping, he actually dropped 2 wars then we let the pets tank him and we almost lost them. 95% of the time we dont let pets tank mobs. Im glad you seem to appreciate the sword we gave you.

I agree with you on the druid harmony really trivializing that pull, it needs to be fixed for sure.

Also every guild uses charm pets for whatever reasons, if you're condemning IB you're condemning yourself and everyone else.

Slake
04-24-2010, 08:00 PM
I really like cheese.

And Paladins are better tanks then SK's!

Take a deep breath guys. It's a game. And it's free.

TheDudeAbides
04-24-2010, 08:06 PM
He was dual weilding Jeff and raping, he actually dropped 2 wars then we let the pets tank him and we almost lost them. 95% of the time we dont let pets tank mobs. Im glad you seem to appreciate the sword we gave you.

I agree with you on the druid harmony really trivializing that pull, it needs to be fixed for sure.

Also every guild uses charm pets for whatever reasons, if you're condemning IB you're condemning yourself and everyone else.

I'm not condemning anyone nor did I specifically name names or call any specific guild out here.

You need to re-read my posts. I'm sure the people who got the sword appreciate it immensely and are very grateful to your LEADERSHIP i.e. (Not you) for being generous and not destroying loot.

Either you're ignorant though of how Maestro has been farmed for months, or you are purposely being disingenuous. /shrug. I honestly don't care which. The thing is you were the one who claimed that Maestro room couldn't be lulled when you've known damn well that it could be. In other words, you don't have any credibility.

Jify
04-24-2010, 08:15 PM
Rants and flames?

anthony210
04-24-2010, 08:16 PM
This thread was not a rant or a flame. It was shitted on by a select couple of individuals and should be cleaned.

Gwence
04-24-2010, 08:19 PM
I actually did not know druid harmony would work on spite golems. The spell is suppose to cap out on level 40 mobs. We never used that method until it was brought up in that RnF post then we tested it and were like wow this is stupid easy, it definitely has not been "months".

TheDudeAbides
04-24-2010, 08:26 PM
I actually did not know druid harmony would work on spite golems. The spell is suppose to cap out on level 40 mobs. We never used that method until it was brought up in that RnF post then we tested it and were like wow this is stupid easy, it definitely has not been "months".

I already know this is BS man

But whatevs~

Gwence
04-24-2010, 08:37 PM
Im sure you "think" you know alot of things.

TheDudeAbides
04-24-2010, 08:44 PM
Im sure you "think" you know alot of things.

Says the guy who thought you couldn't harmony Maestro

Alawen Everywhere
04-24-2010, 09:29 PM
It seems to me that only one guild is getting most of the mobs. Every once in a blue moon another guild will get lucky and snag one.

You pointed a finger in your original post. What did you expect to happen? This has absolutely nothing to do with a particular guild. If you wanted to talk about the spawn timing, then talk about that. Pointing your finger at the big dog adds nothing but a chance of getting bit.

anthony210
04-24-2010, 10:21 PM
That statement was a fact. No where did I mention its you guilds fault or that they should back off and let others have raid targets.

I pointed out that raid bosses seem to be spawning during the same timeframe and not at random times during their window like they should be. I wanted see if we could brainstorm what the problem is or come up with new ideas. Obviously the devs see the problem as well as they patched in a fix. We will see if it works.

You and your cronies came in here and try to start a flame war thinking this thread is an attack on your guild. Well heres some news for you its not, everything is not about you or your guild. Is there a reason you cant post on the thread in a civil manner like others have and not starting a personal attack on me? Maybe you dont know how to? Oh well.

Ive already flagged this thread to a mod so they can hopefully clean it up because youve done a great job at trying to ruin in it.

Alawen Everywhere
04-25-2010, 01:34 AM
I went out to a cafe and then to the movies and I realized that I was really resentful about this whole Grimrot thing! So thanks for listening, I feel a lot better now.

Jify
04-25-2010, 01:38 AM
This really is getting a little out of hand. I don't like fighting. :(

stormlord
04-25-2010, 08:07 AM
This is one of the reasons I"m taking things slow. You up and coming heroes and stars of the server do it too fast. Kunark isn't even here yet. Velious is years away. Slow down. Breath. Enjoy the game. Don't beat yourself up trying to get the raid mobs and become the best out there. Not worth it.

How do I take it slow? I don't twink. I'm not leveling past 15. Etc. I'm having fun.

Some of you will inevitably quit for a while before coming back for kunark. That's just mathematics.

The new people coming on the server need us more than the raid items do.

Dabamf
04-25-2010, 09:38 AM
This is one of the reasons I"m taking things slow. You up and coming heroes and stars of the server do it too fast. Kunark isn't even here yet. Velious is years away. Slow down. Breath. Enjoy the game. Don't beat yourself up trying to get the raid mobs and become the best out there. Not worth it.

How do I take it slow? I don't twink. I'm not leveling past 15. Etc. I'm having fun.

Some of you will inevitably quit for a while before coming back for kunark. That's just mathematics.

The new people coming on the server need us more than the raid items do.

cool story bro