PDA

View Full Version : WOW!!! I am so excited to have found proj 1999!

Noblesquire
04-23-2010, 11:09 PM
I cant believe this site exists! I just ordered EQ titanium off ebay today and I cant wait to get started! I came a bit late to the EQ world, they were already to the lost dungeons of Norrath when I joined and I know a ton of changes were already made by then... But I loved the game so much that when I finally quit due to school and work, I actually got choked up and had a hard time logging off... I played on Firiona Vie so nothing was bind on equip... I gave everything I had to people in the guild... my gear was pretty good since I got really good at playing the bazaar... I had just over 15 million platinum... that was my side job though, what really made the game fun was that you actually had to work for what you got and nothing was easy to figure out... it forced you to go out and explore. I loved the fact that you could play for 5 hours and not really care that you didnt complete x number of quests and what not... I just think that EQ is where its at and I know the game was a lot different by the time I got there, I really look forward to playing in project 1999... I think I will start a Ranger... This was my origional character before rolling my beastlord... btw, here is a link to my old Beastie: http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1236269

Thanks for creating this site! I cant wait to get my copy of titanium in the mail and get started!!!

scamp891
04-24-2010, 03:46 AM
I hope you enjoy your stay. This is quite different from LDoN and Firiona Vie.

Elleve
04-24-2010, 05:34 AM
You are gonna love it here :) welcome!

stormlord
04-24-2010, 05:52 AM
I hope you enjoy your stay. This is quite different from LDoN and Firiona Vie.

Most of the items on the FV server can be traded, unlike normal live servers. Same is true for P1999 as most of the items on normal servers that can be traded without exceptions are all from this time period. The only no drop items i am aware of are quest items and raid drops.

But ya, there're differences. Here you can have several characters on your account. On FV you can only have a couple. There're no language limits. Here a level 50 character can buff a new player. That option was removed on live servers several years ago. I'm sure there're others.

The economic similarities stand out the most, despite the differences.

mixxit
04-24-2010, 06:48 AM
welcome! :-)

Noblesquire
04-24-2010, 11:34 AM
I am sure there are differences that I might have to get used to, but I think what is going to make this fun is that people that are playing on this server are doing it because they loved the game that much so I think being around like minded old school EQ gamers will make it the most fun... I wish the mail would hurry up lol... I have been playing EQ on their 14 day free trial and its bringing back some real memories... been since Nov 2005 since I last logged in... Anyway, thanks for the welcome... I look forward to hanging out and adventuring with you all!

JJ

Yellow
04-24-2010, 11:43 AM
Welcome!

BuzWeaver
04-24-2010, 11:55 AM
Congrats on finding the project. I have a feeling you will enjoy it a great deal. If you've never experienced the 'old school' or genuine MMORPG experience then you've come to the right place. It will be different from what you may have experienced from EQ Live, but you will get a feel for what it was like in the early years of EQ.

Lonedrahon25
04-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Welcome! Enjoy your stay!

Zordana
04-24-2010, 09:45 PM
You are gonna love it here :) welcome!

on the server itsself, that is..