PDA

View Full Version : Bard songs dropping too early?

fischsemmel
02-05-2012, 11:09 AM
I've been noticing this over the last couple weeks on my new bard.

I can be running along with selo's going nonstop, just crossing a zone or something. And I fall and take some damage, so I quickly stop selo's and fire off hymn of restoration to heal up. I don't miss a note, and as soon as hymn is finished I start up selo's again.

And the selo's buff drops before I finish recasting it.

How is that even possible? Even if I cancelled the singing of selo's the instant before a pulse to refresh the buff was due... and I'm slow switching between songs... it was only 7 seconds or so max from the time I did so until I finished recasting it (.5 seconds to stop singing and start hymn, 3 seconds to cast hymn, .5 seconds to restart selo's, 3 seconds to cast selos).

falkun
02-07-2012, 09:24 AM
Did you take out instrument early? If you take your drum out before stopping the song and you get another pulse, the lower pulse (without drum mod) will not override the previous pulse (with drum mod), so your selos will actually already be 6 seconds old.

Ensure you get that last pulse in with drum mod before stopping songs and swapping instruments.

fischsemmel
02-07-2012, 01:41 PM
Ahhhh. That makes sense. Not positive that is what happened, but it wouldn't surprise me at all. I just can't remember the timing of my instrument swap.

fischsemmel
02-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Oh. But that shouldn't matter.

This is the worst-cast scenario for what I did when this happened:

0 seconds: selo's with drum pulses
5.9999 seconds: I begin the process of cancelling selos, switching in a lute, and casting hymn of restoration
10 seconds: hymn is done casting, I begin the process of switching my drums back in and recasting selos
14 seconds: selos with drums is done recasting

That is assuming I waited until the last possible moment before selos with drum pulsed again and that I take 4 seconds to click my mouse once to switch instruments and to cast a 3-second song. And I still should have 4 seconds of the selos pulse from 0 seconds left before it drops.

What am I looking at wrong? Or, what is wrong with my selos duration?

drrigs
02-08-2012, 11:05 PM
I had a couple issues last night with my Selo's pulse dropping after 2 ticks instead of 3. But it only happened a couple times so I chocked it up to zone-in lag from another player. Luckily it wasn't during a kite.