PDA

View Full Version : Fresh install gives black log in screen?

Octotron
04-23-2010, 01:22 PM
Greetings,

I installed and followed the directions as per the site here. When I run eqgame I get a black screen with the arrow cursor from the game on it. I can right click the middle of the screen and get a 4 way arrow. Everything except the cursor is black.

Any idea what might be causing this?

I am running an amd quad core with Windows 7 64.

Thanks for the help!

Deadlines
04-23-2010, 02:08 PM
Greetings,

I installed and followed the directions as per the site here. When I run eqgame I get a black screen with the arrow cursor from the game on it. I can right click the middle of the screen and get a 4 way arrow. Everything except the cursor is black.

Any idea what might be causing this?

I am running an amd quad core with Windows 7 64.

Thanks for the help!

I had the same problem on my Win 7 x64 build with an Intel Q6600.

The fix for me is:

1. Press alt+enter to switch to windowed mode after it loads to the black screen with the gold cursor.

2. Once it switches into windowed mode the screen will refresh and you should see the EULA. Click Accept, and go through normal login process.

3. After logging in, the client (usually) automatically switches back into full screen mode for character selection and all is well.

Hope it helps.

Octotron
04-23-2010, 02:12 PM
You are a God. I am an idiot for not thinking of this. Thank you so much!

Deadlines
04-23-2010, 02:14 PM
You're quite welcome, I could have just about spit when I discovered it myself. I think I tried every single possible compatibility tab + run as administrator combination before finally having the light bulb go off that it was a refresh problem.