PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Guards do not assist on dots / dispel

Nirgon
02-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Needs a fix when dispelling someone not in group, might only be a problem with dots that don't have impact damage (ignite blood etc). I can't cast those so I dunno but I suspect that's the case.

Avon Barksdale
02-03-2012, 08:35 AM
I got hit with a Drones and Immolate, neither agro'd mobs that agro'd 10 minutes prior when a nuke hit me.

Crazycloud
02-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Guards never assisted in pvp when you pelled others on live from my experience. Dots on the other hand didn't agro if you were far away from guards. Nukes should be like this as well. I had someone lavabolt some dude far away from guards and he took the bolt to guards and mage got agro, it shouldn't be like that. Only should agro if your in range of guard agro and cast nukes on someone.

Lazortag
02-03-2012, 12:53 PM
Lots of evidence in this thread.

Crazycloud
02-04-2012, 01:54 AM
You aren't going to find any evidence anywhere about guard agro just like you wont find any evidence on the resist code.

Dispell is Beneficial just like buffs are so why will it gain agro? Why would you gain agro nuking people at guards when your oor of agro? I played a ranger on live and i clearly remember bowing/nuking people hiding behind guards. Clearly doesn't matter anyways. Shit never gets fixed on this server anyways.

Lazortag
02-04-2012, 01:58 AM
This is the bugs forum, not Livejournal.

Darwoth
02-04-2012, 02:27 AM
yeah guards wouldnt aggro on live unless you were pretty close, was able to do a lot of bank ganking without guard aggro so long as you were at least half of your spell range away.

Crazycloud
02-04-2012, 02:28 AM
Sorry Darwoth they don't want to hear our "Livejournals"

Salty
02-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Pets dont assist on dots either

Nirgon
02-22-2012, 03:42 PM
yeah guards wouldnt aggro on live unless you were pretty close, was able to do a lot of bank ganking without guard aggro so long as you were at least half of your spell range away.

Darwoth is correct here.

The issue we're addressing D, is that you can dispel or dot someone in the face right on top of a guard.

It appears guards only trigger when initial damage is done to a player. Does need a fix.

I can fully pell someone to set up a one shot comet and then haul ass out of the zone lolling my brains out.