PDA

View Full Version : halflings able to climb spires?

PearlJammzz
04-23-2010, 09:25 AM
Are Halflings not supposed to be able to climb spires? Tried climbing the GFay spires, but to no avail. Can other people climb them? What races can't?

guineapig
04-23-2010, 11:21 AM
I've only climbed them with levitate on.

Careful little guy, you might hurt yourself up there :)

Yellow
04-23-2010, 11:49 AM
hahah i never thought of them not being able too I love EQ more each day!

PearlJammzz
04-23-2010, 11:53 AM
I have safe fall, hehe.

But I have heard that some races can't, but I can almost for sure remember leveling safe fall on them back in the day. It COULD have been on my monk though. Just curious if this is as intended or bugged.

Yellow
04-23-2010, 11:56 AM
i mena it makes sense for small things like them not to be able to go up those giants! xD

PearlJammzz
04-23-2010, 02:22 PM
i mena it makes sense for small things like them not to be able to go up those giants! xD

Agreed, it does. Was my fave thing to do on my monk. Run up and just leap off...why? Because I could lol. It also makes it super easy to skill up..just run down em and you drop a bunch of times and it levels fast. I am at max level now, but still the closest we can get to classic the better.

Vache
04-23-2010, 05:17 PM
Reminds me of a game we used to play where we'd climb to the top of the Dreadlands spire and then jump off and see who could get closest to the ground before clicking their lev ring :)

Omnimorph
04-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Reminds me of a game we used to play where we'd climb to the top of the Dreadlands spire and then jump off and see who could get closest to the ground before clicking their lev ring :)

similar to the game we played, except it was who could get closest to death... obviously dying got you disqualified!

kevincheese
04-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Damage from falling is definitely not classic in this game, too. Unless, maybe, framerate affects it? In which case framerates are too high normally now to really get hurt.

ShadowWulf
04-24-2010, 04:17 PM
at framerate cap of 100, running at 100 fps, i fell off a mole hill in dagnors cauldron for over a thousand...

It hurts still.